west

siderman01
Waterboy

west

Post by siderman01 »

west has been doing very good in the weight room. they r showing great talent... a very good season is approaching. and a very good team to....compacity in the weight room yesterday=35

osu 77
All State

Re: west

Post by osu 77 »

I am sure Coach-T likes them numbers!

WestSide Pride
Waterboy

Post by WestSide Pride »

Sounds like they are getting alot of kids in there. How many are not in there due to baseball season starting. I would say there is alot that is playing baseball that will be coming out for football as will after the season.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

I know that the freshman numbers are down for the baseball team. A few of them
want to hit the weight room hard, and focus on football. Like it for the football team, hate it for the baseball team.

Siders_B-Ball23
Waterboy

Post by Siders_B-Ball23 »

Sounds like the team is looking real good for the upcoming season. Hope that they can make another run at being soc champs.

State champs would be even better.

siderman01
Waterboy

Post by siderman01 »

believe it or not the baseball coach has cooroperated and has practice after weights but alot of the boys still dont show with tennis and track...altogether we are still missing around 15-20 there nt to metion the ones that are not playing any sports but just deciding to not show :(

dartonrh
Waterboy

Post by dartonrh »

id say rock hill will give um a pretty good game this year

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Look for the west o-line to be dominant in the upcoming seasons

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Coach Rapp is working with Coach T, with the scheduling. But the number of upper classmen are not where it should be. There is alot of hungry young men, putting in the time, and effort in the weight room. Don't ever assume that just because you are a junior or senior, that you should be on the field.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Be strong, be disiplined, listen to coach, fight with all you have, don't never quit.........and you'll win!

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

Coach T will have the boys ready......a good coach and even better man

sider67
Waterboy

Post by sider67 »

Coach T is doing a great Job West is working harder than ever we will be as good or better than last year we will shock the people saying we wont be as good We have great leaders in the weight room like Tyler Mcgraw, Trevon Pendleton and Brandon Moore, not many seniors in the weight room now, hopefully that changes soon shud have a great year few good seniors great junior and softmore classes to help out west will be good

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

:aaaaa74 I hope they are working out. I have a few questions about the team though. Who will be the boys on the O & D lines? Who will be the QB? But mostly, who will be the quiet, or vocal leader(s)?

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Pendleton is like running into a brick wall, or getting hit by a small truck. I was playing pick up basketball, and discovered that while going for a rebound in the paint. Strong kid. Should be an interesting season.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Is Eli coaching the backs?

West Side Pride
All Conference

Coach parks is secondary, and backs coach

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

West Side Pride wrote:Coach parks is secondary, and backs coach

I will always take credit for teaching Eli that stiff arm! :lol: I'm sure he is teaching the West backs the same. I don't know why we didn't find a teaching position for him at Minford. Our loss is your gain.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

oldcoachb wrote:
West Side Pride wrote:Coach parks is secondary, and backs coach

I will always take credit for teaching Eli that stiff arm! :lol: I'm sure he is teaching the West backs the same. I don't know why we didn't find a teaching position for him at Minford. Our loss is your gain.

Heard that dad thought it would be better if, Eli started on his own. If I'm from Minford I don't agree with it. But I'm from West, So good call dad.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

With the new middle school being built, where is West going to practice and play Freshman/JV games?

What are the plans after it is completed? Are they going to keep the old field up on the West Side or are they going to build some more practice fields? We've got 3 Pee-Wee and middle school that will need fields and it would be alot more convenient to practice and play by the schools where parents who have kids at different levels will not have to go back and forth or choose to watch middle school or freshman for example, which always play on thursday.

I would like to see West turf the field and play all the games there. That would make sense. On thursdays, you could start the Freshman at 5:00, followed by the 7th and 8th. Would have big crowds at all the games. In the current Pee-Wee format, West only played at home twice (that was including their week of playoffs), so it really doesn't make much sense to keep a dedicated field.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I have thought the same thing. Some of the Pee Wee practiced at the old Nauvoo field. I don't know if they wil be able to use that next year or not. Turf would be a huge help at the High School, but I don't know if the administration would allow the pee wee level to play because of the liability...

Return to “Football”