Brick Walls

Ground Buck
All Conference

Brick Walls

Post by Ground Buck »

As many of us surely remember we had a few coaches in the area in the recent past who could get kids to "run through brick walls" for them. However, even with that ability the wins were few and far between for those teams. As a result new coaches were hired, one being known as a finesse coach and the other a well renowned strategist. But neither has claims of having the motivational ability to the extent of getting kids to "run through brick walls." So I would like to see the new coaches bring back those former head coaches to combine the talents of the new with the "run through brick walls" mentality of the old. I think it would be great for both programs and lead to immediate success. So I say bring back Jesty and bring back Dutch. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Brick Walls

Post by noreply66 »

Too many looking too slow I would say :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

noreply66 wrote:Too many looking too slow I would say :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Let's go all in.....

Bring back duck!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Gecko wrote:Let's go all in.....

Bring back duck!
How about Pee Wee and the Yoga Guy? Fresh Scent? :mrgreen:

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

You should hear the moms in wellston chattering about this thread. They just left the store after filling up on chocolate syrup. All they could talk about is putting together a rally to welcome back Dutch. Maybe they realize they made a mistake?

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Wellston Ironman wrote:You should hear the moms in wellston chattering about this thread. They just left the store after filling up on chocolate syrup. All they could talk about is putting together a rally to welcome back Dutch. Maybe they realize they made a mistake?
I'm telling you from the word out of Wellston's camp they could use a few Brick Wall runners. I think we're onto something. :mrgreen:

SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

Ground Buck wrote:As many of us surely remember we had a few coaches in the area in the recent past who could get kids to "run through brick walls" for them. However, even with that ability the wins were few and far between for those teams. As a result new coaches were hired, one being known as a finesse coach and the other a well renowned strategist. But neither has claims of having the motivational ability to the extent of getting kids to "run through brick walls." So I would like to see the new coaches bring back those former head coaches to combine the talents of the new with the "run through brick walls" mentality of the old. I think it would be great for both programs and lead to immediate success. So I say bring back Jesty and bring back Dutch. :mrgreen:
Ground Buck wrote:
Gecko wrote:Let's go all in.....

Bring back duck!
How about Pee Wee and the Yoga Guy? Fresh Scent? :mrgreen:
Boy now these are all great ideas. How about that "nail spitter" they had at Nelsonville the past ten years? Surely this new coach, "the chef," could use some hard nosed mentality on his staff too? :lol:

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Ground Buck wrote:As many of us surely remember we had a few coaches in the area in the recent past who could get kids to "run through brick walls" for them. However, even with that ability the wins were few and far between for those teams. As a result new coaches were hired, one being known as a finesse coach and the other a well renowned strategist. But neither has claims of having the motivational ability to the extent of getting kids to "run through brick walls." So I would like to see the new coaches bring back those former head coaches to combine the talents of the new with the "run through brick walls" mentality of the old. I think it would be great for both programs and lead to immediate success. So I say bring back Jesty and bring back Dutch. :mrgreen:
Having Jesty as CC (cheer coordinator) would be fine. He could get them boys fired up. His biggest problem was his schemes. One word : Boring.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

I have seen a coach use a player with a minor on field injury as a weapon to firer up his team by blaming the other team of hurting one of his players!

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

LHS 72 wrote:I have seen a coach use a player with a minor on field injury as a weapon to firer up his team by blaming the other team of hurting one of his players!
Sounds lame. Must have been used by a Logan coach to make for the fact that the other team was faster than they looked on film.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BOB LUTZ AT IRONTON WAS DEFINATELY ONE YOU'D RUN THROUGH A BRICK WALL FOR.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Will parents in this age allow a "brick wall coach" ? I guess it depends on the motivational techniques the coaches employ.

http://southeasternohiopreps.com/viewto ... f=2&t=2734

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

So, Jesty, Dutch, the Chef, Duck, Pee Wee, the Yoga Guy, Fresh Scent, Nail Spitter and do we need a coach named "Brick" to set the tone? :mrgreen:

SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

Ground Buck wrote:So, Jesty, Dutch, the Chef, Duck, Pee Wee, the Yoga Guy, Fresh Scent, Nail Spitter and do we need a coach named "Brick" to set the tone? :mrgreen:
Don't forget Brown Streak. :lol:

Go Bucks
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks »

Wow I'm confused, can't figure out all those names!

Return to “Football”