SEOP

Re: SOC2 2009

Post by fuzzhead »

No surprises there.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Vladimir wrote:Minford 42 East 6. Minford had 3TDs called back.

I would like to ask a question... Why in the world would Minford be scrimmaging East? What did they gain from that scrimmage. IMO this game did not prepare Minford for the start of the season. Not a good choice as far as I'm concerned.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford and East has a storied history in the past and the last few years the Tartans has fielded a pretty strong team. So I think it was a very good jamboree game between these two schools, besides it was basically a scrimmage.
A time for teams to try and work the off-season kinks out and maybe try something new.
East should have a decent season this year and Minford could be headed for the playoffs again this season as well.
Best of Luck to all the area teams!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Agreed, but then again they're pretty much going to be playing another scrimmage against RV on friday. No offense to RV, but they're young and they don't match up well at all with the Falcons. On top of that, it looks like they probably won't win an OVC game all year and their only shots at wins look like they'll be against D6 opponents. . . so how many points could Minford possibly rack up in that game?

Again, no offense to either side.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

fuzzhead wrote:Agreed, but then again they're pretty much going to be playing another scrimmage against RV on friday. No offense to RV, but they're young and they don't match up well at all with the Falcons. On top of that, it looks like they probably won't win an OVC game all year and their only shots at wins look like they'll be against D6 opponents. . . so how many points could Minford possibly rack up in that game?

Again, no offense to either side.

Agreed but this is the last year RV is on Minfords Schedule nothing wrong with a tune up out of the gate. As far as points go minford hasnt had any problem getting in the playoffs with thier schedule. 8 wins is a lock 7 wins probably still in. alot of 8 win teams watched week 11 in region 19

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

BULDOG wrote:
Vladimir wrote:Minford 42 East 6. Minford had 3TDs called back.

I would like to ask a question... Why in the world would Minford be scrimmaging East? What did they gain from that scrimmage. IMO this game did not prepare Minford for the start of the season. Not a good choice as far as I'm concerned.

Well for one they are close distance wise and that seems to be an issue right now and secondly Minford has traditionally scrimmaged Unioto the past few years and East is a better team than Unioto, even though Unioto is a Div. IV school, so I think it was more of a challenge than Unioto would have been.

Minford literally pushed East up and down the field on offense and there were enough wicked hits that East did not want to send their first string out the 2nd half so the 2nd half was all 2nd and 3rd string. That being said, East did some things well and showed how weak Minford's secondary is right now. Good luck to East this year.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

My only point was that it doesn't really matter how bad the team you play in a scrimmage is if you're starting off the regular season playing a bad team.
I don't think Minford will have any trouble getting into the playoffs barring a complete and monumental collapse. They'll be in for sure and there's a real good chance they'll be playing a home game.

Good post, RW65.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

fuzzhead wrote:My only point was that it doesn't really matter how bad the team you play in a scrimmage is if you're starting off the regular season playing a bad team.

Agreed. Even if you are starting against a good team, any scrimmage beats going against each other in practice. Not to mention there were 3 scrimmages this year when in the past there have only two.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

yeah way more important to get good rep rather than a war full of injuries

Return to “Football”