huntington football

doggone54
Waterboy

huntington football

Post by doggone54 »

any thoughts on huntington being 0-9 at this point in the season....the new coach....what improvement have been made since they was at 0-9 at this time last year...

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Re: huntington football

Post by mstangmom »

You can't expect a new coach to change it in one season, not much time to get to know all the boys. and it looks like they gave ZT a run for the money. I think ya give little bart this year to get to know the team and see some wins next season

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

I was at our scrimmage this year with them a I thought they were much improved from the year before thought they would have won a few games this year. Give Him time they will get better.

doggone54
Waterboy

Post by doggone54 »

I thought that was the idea of hiring a new coach.....making changes from the start

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

For starters NO ONE can expect a new coach to come in like that and win, it takes time to get to know the boys in the school and convince others to play. even his dad took time to get to know other boys in the school and convince them to play football. remember cameron Puckett the kicker westfall had? his dad took time to watch other sports and see who needed to be where. puckett played soccer, Big bart watched him and took a year of talking to him before he convinced him to play. he even we to track meets to see what boys ran the fastest so he could make adjustments. it takes time to get it all togather.
How many boys does Huntington have playing? 20 maybe 30? what if next year theres 40 or 50?
Are the parents going to give him a hard time if he finds say a Frosh who is better than a sr, and play the frosh instead? Know the parents know the kids then you start winning.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

There's not a whole lot of talent right now, so expectations couldn't possibly have been high. Give Wade some time and he'll do great things at Huntington, or run him off after a poor start and he'll do great things elsewhere.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Shows how much some "know" on this forum....give the man some time.

doggone54
Waterboy

Post by doggone54 »

I always thought if you dont expect to win...its probably not going to happen

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

From what I saw this yr he is headed in the right direction, pretty undersized overall but he seemed to make the most out of what he had in the skill positions. Jr High seems to have some talent coming up.
probably wouldnt be the smartest thing in the world to run this guy off but not having a huntungton name it wouldnt surprise me if they did.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

About the only coaches that win their first year are the ones that are coming in where the old coach left them with talent in the ranks.

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

Every person on this post outside of doggone 54 has made sense. It might be that he/she has something personal against the new coach. Huntington has little to no talent, yet they've been in some games, interesting to watch, and have shown signs of improvement. Hopefully, they'll leave this young guy alone and let him build a program.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

He has maid the Huntsmen competitive and able to score points. Given that he only inherited this program a little over 8 months ago is a testament to his will to win with a 26 or so game losing streak. They will get off the snide before to long and become competitive again. Good luck to Coach Bart and Huntington.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

First of all, I have no connection to the program and have no dog in this.

I watched Huntington scrimmage East and i thought Huntington had some potential. I remember at least a couple of decent offensive linemen and some decent skill players. I really don't think they had the speed to be a spread team. I would like to see them run wing-t or the double wing; that might be intriguing.

Either way, i wish them luck.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I think that young Bart will do a great job once he gets some bodies out. His offense is very tough for teams in this area to defend because they never see it. If you can find a kid that can throw and a few that can catch, you can hide some serious lack of size up front.

I think that the non league schedule should be tweaked a little. I know that Valley series is over but I think I would drop Alexander and maybe even Northwest. I would try to schedule some of the SOC I schools on even a Manchester to try and get a win or two. That would do wonders for getting kids out to play. JMHO.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Was able to see the Huntsmen a few times this year. They had very good skill kids but defense was lacking. I think I saw a few young kids on the field at times. I thought there team speed was very good. I saw about 50 kids out for them which is a very good number for any SVC school.I heard there JH team was awful though. I have a feeling Coach Bart will not be at Huntington long. I think he has big school coaching abilities.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Give the man some time and he'll do great things at Huntington.

Huntington's offense has been good enough to keep them in games this year, but the problems came from not being able to stop teams at times.

doggone54
Waterboy

Post by doggone54 »

my intentions for making this post was not to make anyone mad or to dig on the new coach or huntington football....with my job and the hours I work I have not been able to see them play and I was just wondering what direction things was going...if Ive made anyone mad... I appologize and want to say good luck to coach... and the huntsmen and all the svc schools...

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I am not sure but this the second year for the coach? I will say that given time and keep push discipline it will make a difference. He has had to take a group of kids who think they know more than coaches and start winning with them. I think in time they will start winning more games but by then someone else may figure out that he is a Good Coach and he will be gone.!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

OSU 77 wrote:I am not sure but this the second year for the coach? I will say that given time and keep push discipline it will make a difference. He has had to take a group of kids who think they know more than coaches and start winning with them. I think in time they will start winning more games but by then someone else may figure out that he is a Good Coach and he will be gone.!!
This is his first year. Good coach.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I think Huntington is leaps and bounds better than they were a year ago at this time. I really believe he can turn things around there, assuming he's there long enough to do so. He's got a tremendous football IQ and coaching is in his blood. He will do great, whether it be at Huntington or elsewhere as someone else pointed out. For the Huntsmen's sake, I hope its at Huntington.

Return to “Football”