HERE THEY COME: YOUNGSTOWN URSULINE

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

HERE THEY COME: YOUNGSTOWN URSULINE

Post by FANOSPORTS »

2-6 (DV) URSULINE BEAT 5-2 (DIII) MOONEY THIS EVENING 25-21. THEY COULD GET IN THE PLAYOFFS WITH A 4-6 RECORD, AMAZING.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Re: HERE THEY COME: YOUNGSTOWN URSULINE

Post by bucks_09 »

I hope to god they lose one more game. If they do make playoffs they will blow through it like nothing.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

If they beat Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary next week they're in. (SVSM is 8-1 but Ursuline IMO will win this game also over a DIII team). At that point they will have moved up from 17th position in the region after week 8. Unbelievable !!!!!

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Saw Ursuline beat Zanesville this season. Tough bunch of kids.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

If they beat sv sm....looking at the averages they may need a little help, we will see next week. I agree if they get in...look out

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

If they do get in they're not a shoe in by any means like previous years,, I saw the Zanesville game and wasn't that impressed esp. on offense,,Lima Central Catholic is loaded for bear this year and will give them all they want! I hope they do get in to see these two play...

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

No one in Division 5 outside of Youngstown wants these guys in!

They gave a couple of undefeated teams (Mentor---Division 1 and Steubenville --- Division 3) their toughest games of the year.

I do agree they are probably favored in the St. V St. M game, but man I hope they come up short on the points.

loveofthegame
Riding the Bench

Post by loveofthegame »

Looking at the scores last night and points they will come up short.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Oh no, everyone (except them) is hoping they lose. They have been an excellent team in years past and I'm assuming that they are again this year despite there less than average record (They've played a Monster of a schedule I've heard).

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Ursuline 2011
8/26 H Red Lion Christian Academy (DE) (2-4) [5:0] L 18-54
9/2 A Mentor (8-0) [1:1] L 27-38
9/10 A Lake Catholic (7-1) [3:9] L 0-9
9/16 A Zanesville (5-3) [2:7] W 13-9
9/23 H Steubenville (8-0) [3:11] L 17-22
9/30 H St Edward (6-2) [1:1] L 7-20
10/8 N St Peter's Prep (NJ) (4-2) [1:0] L 21-31
10/14 H East Technical (1-7) [1:1] W 39-0
10/21 A Cardinal Mooney (5-2) [3:11] W 25-21
10/28 H St Vincent-St Mary (7-1) [3:9]

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I also think they will come up just short of the playoffs..time will tell.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

so with this said. maybe it's time to bring up the annual debate about private schools. obviously nobody, i mean nobody, but the youngstown community wants these guys in the playoffs, heck , i'm tickled to death they are d5. i want nothing to do with them, at all. so how do you configure a team this dominant in lil d5, without not carefully handpicking out the best athletes in the youngstown area. don't tell me it's coaching-----------pul-eeeze. they have an incredible advantage over public schools, i'll debate this till i die, there needs to be a public, and a private school state championship. other states know it and are doing it. put the stubborn pride aside for just 1 moment, and ask yourself is this a fair situation, i simply think it is not, jmho, bait.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so with this said. maybe it's time to bring up the annual debate about private schools. obviously nobody, i mean nobody, but the youngstown community wants these guys in the playoffs, heck , i'm tickled to death they are d5. i want nothing to do with them, at all. so how do you configure a team this dominant in lil d5, without not carefully handpicking out the best athletes in the youngstown area. don't tell me it's coaching-----------pul-eeeze. they have an incredible advantage over public schools, i'll debate this till i die, there needs to be a public, and a private school state championship. other states know it and are doing it. put the stubborn pride aside for just 1 moment, and ask yourself is this a fair situation, i simply think it is not, jmho, bait.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Anyone have a list of where all their players come from?
I have not seen it and it appears some of you have.
Post it please.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i think that would be extremely interesting to see. i truley do.and it's hard to say how many grannies, aunts n uncles may have a place in youngstown. i would like more to see a GPS map of where the kids heads actually hit the pillows at night..

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Don't matter private or public unless they make each their own divisions then it's moot to talk about it.
Private has a slight advantage yes but I think the biggest is they get players that want to play for the simple reason they have to pay a large amount of money to play there.
Yes I know it should be for the education but good schools get good players and that is the bottom line.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

The consensus up here is Ursuline will kick SVSM butts. Mooney beat SVSM a few weeks ago 41-21. The question as to will they get into the playoffs isn't clear yet. They may need some help. But if they get in, they'll destroy most of D-V. They kept Mooney pretty much in check and I look for Mooney to make a run in D-III.

Ursuline has two 300+lb OL twins from Pittsburgh who played on last years Champs. They have also added some Youngstown players via the state's voucher's program. Youngstown now has only one H.S. fielding athletic teams since Chaney was merged into East for athletics while still operating as separate H.S.s . Ursuline, while in Mahoning County gets many players from neighboring Trumbull County ( Girard, Hubbard, Liberty, McDonald, Mineral Ridge, Mathews, Brookfield).Besides Youngstown in Mahoning County, Ursuline will at times have players from Canfield, Austintown Fitch, Jackson Milton, & Western Reserve

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

I dont believe that the old tired argument about private schools having this unfair advantage is valid anymore. The public schools have open enrollment which levels the playing field quite a bit.

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

Ursuline needs a W and help. They will most likely get the W but I don't know that they'll get the help they need.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Does Youngstown U stand for Ursuline or University?

Those that still think they don't have an overwhelming advantage are naive. State Vouchers :122248
Drawing kids from 11 schools he listed and 2 counties. Yeah, open enrollment leveled the field. geesh

Return to “Football”