Trimble @ Coal Grove game ruled a forfeit.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Trimble @ Coal Grove game ruled a forfeit.

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

According to the Ironton Tribune the OHSAA sided with Coal Grove on the matter and ruled that Trimble did not honor their contract in a fitting manner and the game will be ruled a forfeit. How much does the Coal Grove win/ Trimble loss effect the playoff scenereos not only for these schools but all involved?

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: Trimble @ Coal Grove game ruled a forfeit.

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Thanks for the link FIDO, I was gonna post it.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I sure didn't see it coming but, I'll welcome the extra points even though they aren't alot.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

I actually had a very good idea this was going to happen. I just happened to have talk to and then overheard a conversation by someone that is a higher up with the OHSAA. I wasn't for sure on the details and I didn't want to be too nosy, but I knew there was a good chance that this would happen before this week ended.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Too bad for the kids, they have to pay the price for the admins. poor decision not to play the game.
This was the right decision from OHSAA though.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NYBUX wrote:Too bad for the kids, they have to pay the price for the admins. poor decision not to play the game.
This was the right decision from OHSAA though.

I agree 100% with what you said. It's sad for the kids involved. Games should be won and lost on the field. The Trimble Admin dropped the ball on this one.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Wow can't wait to here the Trimble fans on this one they go nuts when they lose now they may burn Ohio down on this decision by the OHSAA.
This may knock Trimble out of the playoff hunt and I also feel sorry for the kids to rebound after a tough start and put them self's in the position to make playoffs.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

From the Tribune....
With the forfeit win — Coal Grove was a big favorite to win the game if it had been played — the Hornets have new life in the computer playoff ratings.
I wonder what will be said about this game on Rusty's show after the NY/Alex game? I bet there will be a lot of angry Tomcats calling in!

I think Coal Grove is still a long shot to make the playoffs - a lot of things have to happen for them to make it - but it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

What does this do to Trimble and the playoffs. I'm sure they now move the divisor back up. I think they will still be in but at least makes it a little more iffy?

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

The phone lines will be lit up tonight!!!!!!! :122246
Hope he don't cancel the show cause of a migrain and try to reschedule it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Once they correct the points Coal Grove goes from 16 to 14 in Region 19 coming into tonight with a point average of 8.175 .

Trimble will go from 7 to 12 in Region 23 with a point average of 7.000

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

NYBUX wrote:The phone lines will be lit up tonight!!!!!!! :122246
Hope he don't cancel the show cause of a migrain and try to reschedule it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
No someone will turn the light off like they did against Wahama lol and cause a delay and someone will sneeze and cause a cancellation of the broadcast lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The crazy thing is - Trimble would have been in a better position to play this game than Coal Grove (if they had to play 2 games in a week) ... Trimble had a game with Eastern that they won 49-0, a game with Belpre which they won 54-0 and now they play a Southern team that's got two wins on the season - before finishing off with Fed Hock that has three wins ... The Tomcats could have easily played their 2nd string in these games and rested their starters for the rescheduled game versus Coal Grove.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

93Bulldog wrote:The crazy thing is - Trimble would have been in a better position to play this game than Coal Grove (if they had to play 2 games in a week) ... Trimble had a game with Eastern that they won 49-0, a game with Belpre which they won 54-0 and now they play a Southern team that's got two wins on the season - before finishing off with Fed Hock that has three wins ... The Tomcats could have easily played their 2nd string in these games and rested their starters for the rescheduled game versus Coal Grove.

Exactly! I said this back when they first started talking about rescheduling. Trimble's end of year Hocking schedule is so weak that they could have played the starters in the Coal Grove game on Monday and then played the JV team on Friday night against one of the above schools, and Trimble still would have won the Friday game.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Does this mean everyone that was 8,9, and 10 in Region 23 will move up a spot since Trimble has dropped to 12?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think the OHSAA made the right call here because it would otherwise set a bad precedent.

Had Trimble been allowed to not play the game, you could have any team decide they wouldn't play any other team last minute if it would hurt their playoff positioning.

This would be like either NY or Athens deciding last minute to cancel the game next week to ensure a high playoff seed for Week 11. There has to be consequences for this sort of thing.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I think the OHSAA made the right call here because it would otherwise set a bad precedent.

Had Trimble been allowed to not play the game, you could have any team decide they wouldn't play any other team last minute if it would hurt their playoff positioning.

This would be like either NY or Athens deciding last minute to cancel the game next week to ensure a high playoff seed for Week 11. There has to be consequences for this sort of thing.
You make complete sense on here but I don't think I may be wrong but I don't see alot of Trimble fans agreeing on this some will because they are proud fans and know football but alot I don't see doing it.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

I think the Trimble threads were very quiet because of the decision.
I think a lot of the Trimble fans do have pride and knew the game should have been played.
JMO

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NYBUX wrote:I think the Trimble threads were very quiet because of the decision.
I think a lot of the Trimble fans do have pride and knew the game should have been played.
JMO

I agree. A lot of fans on here from Trimble have said they wanted to play the game. It was the Trimble Admin that made this call, and I think many fans from Trimble disagreed with the admin on this one.

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Post by ucantcme »

time to clean house at Trimble. Start at the top and work your way down. Hate it for the kids. I bet the seniors would have liked to played that game win or lose. Will not bash the Trimble kids, Not their doing but the adults that were in on the decision making need called out!

Return to “Football”