West@Northwest

BigBlueNation
SEOP

West@Northwest

Post by BigBlueNation »

Wasn't a thread on this game just thought I would start one. Don't think this will be much of a game but you never know.
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: West@Northwest

Post by Bleeding Red »

West should get the starters lots of rest for week #10 vs Burg.

I think West will get a fast start, get a 21-0 or so lead in the first couple quarters and then sit the starters.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

That would be rather interesting indeed...NW needs a REAL shot in the arm to get the kids to BUY IN over there, like they have at West, Valley, Burg, and Minford.

We'll see if this comes true or not....as for the game.

West 40

NW 14

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I would like to see NW have a good game this week last week they had a lot of mistakes against Valley I really dont think they will win. I hope they will play hard. next week they have a chance to pick up another win if they want it bad enough

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

I think west will take this pretty easy Northwest hit the SOC 2 slump again this year. Im thinking both teams will be looking ahead to week 10 IMO.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Saw where another thread was started, not realizing this one already exists.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I hope we run the offense out of the shotgun more this week I liked what I saw. I don't know about all of the boys but I talked to some of them and they like to run it out of the shotgun. I think it's more suitable with the skill position players we have gets them all in the mix.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

luvbigcats wrote:Wasn't a thread on this game just thought I would start one. Don't think this will be much of a game but you never know.
I see the rest of my post has been deleted must of had something on there against the rules, or someone did not like. SORRY :122246

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

One more game to get ready for burg. Work on that passing game and hopefully come out healthy.

Cats I read your first post. Why would they even be looking. The guy they have seems to have done a good job and the season isn't even over. Furthermore, I just can't see him going there. With what he demands from his players in the offseason, he will be greatly dissapointed because those people are not devoted and never will be. The parents will be on him for trying and he will be gone in 2 years just like Hall and Tipton. If he was considering this, someone really needs to talk him out of it.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

siderman wrote:One more game to get ready for burg. Work on that passing game and hopefully come out healthy.

Cats I read your first post. Why would they even be looking. The guy they have seems to have done a good job and the season isn't even over. Furthermore, I just can't see him going there. With what he demands from his players in the offseason, he will be greatly dissapointed because those people are not devoted and never will be. The parents will be on him for trying and he will be gone in 2 years just like Hall and Tipton. If he was considering this, someone really needs to talk him out of it.
Don't know Siderman. I do agree on the offseason demands the devotion and the parents and talking himout of it. I was told the same thing lastnight by a different parent so don't know what to think about it.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Not going to happen.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West Side Pride wrote:Not going to happen.
I really hope not. I like coach and I appreciate what he did for our program. I and others I've talked to were thinking he may take back the West job after Shaffer retires. That would give him some time away with family and to recharge his batteries. Even if he didn't want to be head coach, I would love to see him involved in some capacity.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Its a pipe dream Northwest believes if you want something bad enough it will just happen. Why would any coach want to walk into that mess out there. Someone else has said it before they have had 2 of the most winningest coaches to have coached in the SOC and run them both off. They need a major overhaul.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

You can not bring in any high school coach and expect him to win over and over at Northwest regardless what the parents involvments are. It takes time to build a program and a matter of weeks to destroy one. You need a solid coach that is involved at all levels especially the pee wee level and leave them in place a few years...(and a Admin. that backs him) You can not lose at football your whole life and become a jr and sr and be a winner all of a sudden. Winners are made not born. I am not hating on Northwest it is what it is. This applies to all programs of all sports. Kids have to buy into the system. Heck everyone has to buy into it. You build a solid high school program from the ground up and it doesn't start at the 9th grade level..Look at Kentucky football.prime example......Everyone's attitude is oh well get ready for basketball. And that's what they do every year. Almost all pee wee programs over there are already done and they are playing bball. It takes long term commitment, attitude, desire, and the will to win.....

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Take it from me. I have played at both schools and know both programs very well. The program can be turned around. I played on pee wee teams at northwest that only lost 2 games in 4 years. Of the 40+ kids that played on my team, only 4 kids played against me in high school. Don't think for one second that the talent level is better at other schools. They have good athletes and huge kids that just walk the halls. What its going to take to fix it out there is a young coach with a passion for the game that sleeps, eats , and breathes it. It's not going to happen over night but they must grt the kids to believe in their abilities. The culture has got to be changed from top to bottom. And the coach must have his hand in on every level. Kids that play in high school for northwest don't play with an attitude. The coach must instill a nasty attitude in the kids. High school athletics are a direct correlation to community involvement. Getting the community involved in the program will make the program instantly better.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Westsider1993 wrote:You can not bring in any high school coach and expect him to win over and over at Northwest regardless what the parents involvments are. It takes time to build a program and a matter of weeks to destroy one. You need a solid coach that is involved at all levels especially the pee wee level and leave them in place a few years...(and a Admin. that backs him) You can not lose at football your whole life and become a jr and sr and be a winner all of a sudden. Winners are made not born. I am not hating on Northwest it is what it is. This applies to all programs of all sports. Kids have to buy into the system. Heck everyone has to buy into it. You build a solid high school program from the ground up and it doesn't start at the 9th grade level..Look at Kentucky football.prime example......Everyone's attitude is oh well get ready for basketball. And that's what they do every year. Almost all pee wee programs over there are already done and they are playing bball. It takes long term commitment, attitude, desire, and the will to win.....
I made almost the same post on the Northwest vs. Minford thread. Nice to see I'm not the only person to see it this way

Mohawknation33
Riding the Bench

Post by Mohawknation33 »

Goat and westsider93 you both make great sense but as a parent and huge Mohawk fan nothing will ever change, period. We have great kids and wonderful parents that do care not 10 or 11 parents but hundreds and the system is so screwed up. When you have 22 boys coming out to play football in the 5th and 6th grade total and 125 boys in the classes there are more than just number problems. There are confidence problems at every level of northwest football. I love my Mohawks and are very proud of the kids that go to west and flourish. Some very good friends of ours have sent there kids again this year and I can't blame them. Sorry for my terrible grammar I got home a little bit ago after another absolute embarrassing loss, and still feeling somewhat agitated.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

The Admin gets what they ask for.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Northwest came out and played their first drive like they could win the game. Then West scored. When you play on a losing team for so long, you give up when you lose the lead. It's just natural instinct. It's all about confidence and intensity. If they could have kept the intensity they had their first drive, this game could have been a lot closer. What I saw that first drive was a team that has potential. The coach needs to take that potential and turn it into success.

Anyway, if West is gonna come away with anything from this game, it's to be ready for the start of the game. They seemed like they were in a daze out on the field on Northwest's first drive, especially the secondary. The rest of the game was different though. The secondary wasn't just there, it was dominant. I don't know how many picks they had, but I counted at least 3.

Return to “Football”