Sciotoville Community Tartans @ Northwest Mohawks-Week One

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Sciotoville Community Tartans @ Northwest Mohawks-Week One

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

For most, it is a bit early to be talking about week one high school football 2009. For the program at Northwest, it is not too early. With a little over a month left in the school year, it is essential that the coaching staff and players are at this moment, preparing for the Tartans coming out to visit Roy Rogers Field. The 2008 mission for the Mohawks was to learn to be competitive, and by week ten, that had happened. During a tough loss, late in the game,to a young, but very good Waverly football team, the Mohawks had learned to compete. So 2009 starts off with a Tartan football team that will be looking for it's fourth SOC-I Championship in a row. Returning a great deal of talent for 2009, the Tartans will be the perfect test for these Mohawks. This game must be approach as if it were to be the only game on the schedule, it must be prepared for as if it were a championship game. The year to learn to compete was last year. 2009 is the year to take it to the next level. It is time! Northwest wins in week one by a touchdown! GO MOHAWKS!!

"If You Don't Believe You Don't Belong"

battlecats
JV Team

Re: Sciotoville Community Tartans @ Northwest Mohawks-Week One

Post by battlecats »

Hopefully East can keep all their players intact from last season and not lose them to Jackon...

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Past Scores
2002: East 13-7
2003: East 19-0
2004: East 28-7
2005: Northwest 20-6
2006: East 22-7
2007: East 33-7
2008: East 47-0

This one started out competetive but has gotten out of hand the last few years. I look for it to maybe be a little closer this year but the Tartans should still come out on top.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

portsmouth_98 wrote:Past Scores
2002: East 13-7
2003: East 19-0
2004: East 28-7
2005: Northwest 20-6
2006: East 22-7
2007: East 33-7
2008: East 47-0

This one started out competetive but has gotten out of hand the last few years. I look for it to maybe be a little closer this year but the Tartans should still come out on top.

Losing six out of seven years looks bad for the McDermott boys. The truth is that the Tartan Community is a football community. If you have a great deal of support for your program, it is inevitable that a program will become competitive. This will be a good test for the Mohawks to gauge where they stand. You have to eat, sleep and breathe football to have any hope of being good at it. We shall see where the Mohawk football program is headed in week one against the Tartans.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I look for Northwest to possibly win this year. Those 2 Brown boys are very good. NW came along last year.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

siderman wrote:I look for Northwest to possibly win this year. Those 2 Brown boys are very good. NW came along last year.

Tyson and Luke are very good no doubt. But above and beyond that, they play with heart. They were both tossed out of the Symmes Valley game last year. Now I do not condone fighting on the field, but I believe these two and this team is tired of being pushed around on ther field and used as a doormat for any team on their schedule. Hopefully this team has used this attitude in the off-season in the weight room to get ready for the 2009 season!

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

East should have a 8-2 type team but NW did improve and it will be more competeitive than late, with that being said too many athletes still. East 34-12. Very early prediction.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

NW by two scores. If NW does not win this game it will be a long season for them.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

East by 2 TD's. Will be more competitive, but still a big gap in talent level. Programs take more than a year or two to build, NW is still a few years away.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Sciotoville/ East Portsmouth and Minford are scheduled as a jamboree game, what do you think will happen there?
Last edited by vladimir on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

East has had some good teams and talent lately. But they are still D6 and with that small of a school, and couple losses are magnified. This coaching carousel has to take its toll sooner or later. Stability is a big thing in a program.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

whats the jamboree game??? is it a reg. season game, scrimmage ar what?

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Bleeding Red wrote:East by 2 TD's. Will be more competitive, but still a big gap in talent level. Programs take more than a year or two to build, NW is still a few years away.

Fair statement and justified. I do think that this is a huge game for the Mohawk Program. I do believe they realize this and the coaching staff will have the kids ready to go. One thing is for certain, if you are gonna beat these Tartans, it is better to get them in week one, rather than mid season, because they just get better each week. Take it one week at a time and prepare for each game as if it is for the state title and you will do great things Mohawks! GO MOHAWKS!!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

battlecats wrote:whats the jamboree game??? is it a reg. season game, scrimmage ar what?

the jamboree game is a scrimmage game, most likely like what basketball had with their preview game in which money went to a certain cause.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Didn't Minford lose alot of Seniors? This was a good reg season game every year in the day. And Minford was never down.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHERE DA HECK IS THE STADIUM.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

stadium is right by the school in the middle of no where

If you go out to Lucasville on 23 YTB instead of turning right to go to the fair grounds you turn left at the light and just keep going straight to Mohawk Drive and it leads you right to the stadium.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

I saw where East scheduled Reedsville Eastern for week 3, that should be a pretty good match up. I think East returns some pretty good talent but they did lose alot so it should be an interesting season.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Northwest wins, 21-8.

osubulldog
Waterboy

Post by osubulldog »

I have heard the new coaching staff at east do not have all of their certifications as in cpr and other requirements as of yet. Is this going to make for a problem, I hope not for the kids sake. You know with wieghtlifting an all you need to have these requirements according to OHSAA.

Return to “Football”