Ironton @ Coal Grove in Jamboree game

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton @ Coal Grove in Jamboree game

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that was the strangest thing , i have the scores from all those years, and coal grove never scored on us, and they were always pretty close games. i always thought that was odd. i'm just talking when i was the head coach. i don't want that to sound assinine either. i always thought it was strange , because we always had knock down, drag outs. i'm with ya brother, coal grove makes it, i'll look you up at the game. because i love high school football. :-D

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Well. . . I can remember lining up at tight end and having to block a girl. And I remember our QB getting a broken collar bone. . . and then I remember at a scrimmage in CG, one of our coaches and one of our players' dads got into a fight. . . crazy times. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i remember it well, at the old middle school. the girl was tabitha farmer, and she was my fullback, as well as my middle linebacker, and she could flat hit. i have no idea what the fight was about, it started when a coal grove parent sucker punched a coal grove coach. man them was crazy times.i had some thick skin then. had to. :-D

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

From what I could see, the coach got upset at the player and took him out of the game. As the player was walking away, the coach slapped him on the head (his helmet was on) and that set the dad off. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i saw the kid come out of the huddle, and i thought the coach just gave him a friendly supportive tap , as coaches do. i've tapped many on the helmet , i preferred that to slapping a 3/4th grader on the bottom. i did not see anything hapen wrong. but i was just an observer. it got wild.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Oh. . . it's still part of Coal Grove lore to those of us who were a part of that team. :lol:
A buddy of mine who was on that team reminded me of it a few weeks back.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

man , we did not know what to think, fuzz you're all right, you gonna have to make another meeting sometime, we are due for one.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Hey, you guys just name the time and place. . . I remember seeing you, TigerTownTurkey, RiverRatRay, and KantuckyII at the one I went to a few years back. I may be from CG, but we're all representin' SE Ohio! :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i heard that brother. :-D

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

fuzzhead wrote:Hey, you guys just name the time and place. . . I remember seeing you, TigerTownTurkey, RiverRatRay, and KantuckyII at the one I went to a few years back. I may be from CG, but we're all representin' SE Ohio! :lol:

Hey now! I'm old and too busted up for that kinda stuff, you'll have to leave me out of this..if you're wanting to tangle, you'll just have to tangle with Turkey and Ray, they love a good fight! You know Ray was the bare knuckle champion of the Tri-state in his day. When they went to putting gloves on 'em he just lost the desire for it anymore but, he'll still go toe to toe with you young fellar!

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Great job on the video's KY! Very nice quality too!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

kantuckyII wrote:Hey now! I'm old and too busted up for that kinda stuff, you'll have to leave me out of this..if you're wanting to tangle, you'll just have to tangle with Turkey and Ray, they love a good fight! You know Ray was the bare knuckle champion of the Tri-state in his day. When they went to putting gloves on 'em he just lost the desire for it anymore but, he'll still go toe to toe with you young fellar!

I'll box turk with my left and ray with my right. . . but I'm just lookin' to score some food, some somewhat civilized conversation, and maybe turk will buy me a cold one for a belated 21st birthday present! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Ok, you may very well be able to box them both at the same time...using one hand for each.....but civilized conversation? RUFF RUFF RUFF! not goin' happin' ;-)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

kantuckyII wrote: civilized conversation? RUFF RUFF RUFF! not goin' happin' ;-)

Ok. . . so maybe I got ahead of myself on that one and let wishful thinking get the better of me. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

tuck, we was talkin about a scrap years ago. that we both witnessed, we was talking about breakin bread together at the next obdtf meeting. :-D

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The way kantucky's talking, it sounds like other stuff might get broken if TTT and RRR are the type of scrappers he's letting on that they are. Two seasoned veterans with a chip on their shoulder and nothing to lose. :lol: :lol: :lol:

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Just an update on Dion Brown the kid hurt in the scrimmage. He has a torn acl and lcl and his meniscus is also torn. There is also an injury to his bone. He is going to see a pediatric orthopedic doctor in Columbus. Please keep Dion in your prayers.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I will

Return to “Football”