Trimble @ Coal Grove "makeup game" will take place in 2014

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Trimble @ Coal Grove "makeup game" will take place in 2014

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I heard on the radio tonight that Trimble will play at Coal Grove in 2014.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Re: Trimble @ Coal Grove "makeup game" will take place in 20

Post by bucks_09 »

Will Trimble pound Coal Grover, or will Coal Grove get lucky in 2014?

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

"are you kidding me"

"tomcat pride baby, tomcat pride"

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

i wish this series would end, dont like playing trimble.... sure its an easy win but they never wanna play!, their scared to make the long trip the lose :122245

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

I predict:

1. Coal grove will have a plague of something serious like jock itch. halitosis, or athletes foot.
2. Trimble officials, in fear for their communities health, will again cancel the game.

Of course, its more likely that by 2014 that current Trimble athletes will be wearing Orange and Brown.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

This game may still be on for Monday. Here is a part of the preview of the River Valley game in the Ironton Tribune.
The Hornets need to win to not only keep pace for the OVC title but their playoff hopes as well. The Hornets are hoping the state rules their game with Trimble will be played on Monday.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Read in the Tribune that this game will be decided by the state if the makeup will happen this Monday the 17th. CG gets more points if it is played and they win than to take an average. Trimble will get more points if it is not played and they take the average. Sticky situation........ woner which team has the pull to get it played. Walker also said it is up to the home team which is CG.......hmmmmmmm

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think this game should be played.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

If they wanna talk about Tomcat pride the game should be played.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If Trimble wants to play a team that will give them experience for a playoff run, the game should be played.

The Hocking schools Trimble has beat are only winning games because they play each other and someone has to win. South Gallia was a decent win, but Trimble barely won that game. Otherwise, Trimble is marching to the playoffs because when Southern and Miller play, someone has to win and someone has to provide Trimble with second level points.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I think the OHSAA is in a tough spot here. If the game can be rescheduled then by all means it needs to be, what I don't like is if Trimble gets out of playing a game (that by all means could have been played ) and then goes on to make the playoffs what kind of message does that send to other schools in Ohio, and for that matter why have schedules then. This game should be rescheduled and played and if Trimble does not show up then in all honesty that is a forfeit.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

TREMBLE PLAYS DODGEBALL INSTEAD OF FOOTBALL.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Trimble don't want this game they have a shot at playoffs and that is all they care about a loss kills them a win don't mean as much either in the overall scheme of things either to them.
They will not be forced to play but it isn't fair to Coal Grove if they don't and Coal grove runs the table and upsets the peak either.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Even if trimble plays this game and loses it will barely effect their points for a playoff run. if they finish 7-2 or 7-3 they are probably in. if it was played 8-2 might give them a home game.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

kvnchambers wrote:Even if trimble plays this game and loses it will barely effect their points for a playoff run. if they finish 7-2 or 7-3 they are probably in. if it was played 8-2 might give them a home game.

exactly!!!! there are some that just wont let it go,,,,,,mostly because it just gives them a chance to run Trimble down some more.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

tomcatdad wrote:
kvnchambers wrote:Even if trimble plays this game and loses it will barely effect their points for a playoff run. if they finish 7-2 or 7-3 they are probably in. if it was played 8-2 might give them a home game.

exactly!!!! there are some that just wont let it go,,,,,,mostly because it just gives them a chance to run Trimble down some more.
I won't let it go because this game could be the difference between the Grove making the playoffs and being home week 11, if playoff chances are involved no matter the school then this game has to be played.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't think a loss or not playing a team makes a difference at all ... You recieve 0 points for the week if you lose - you recieve 0 points if you don't play. It does though kind of hurt teams who played Coal Grove, if Coal Grove happened to win the game - or - vice versa for teams who played Trimble.

Athens could have benefited from a Coal Grove win - Nelsonville-York would have if Trimble won.

As for Coal Grove - I don't know their circumstances - we'll have to see how it plays out.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

2trap_4ever wrote:
tomcatdad wrote:

I won't let it go because this game could be the difference between the Grove making the playoffs and being home week 11, if playoff chances are involved no matter the school then this game has to be played.
DIVISION V REGION 19 IS SO FREAKIN TOUGH - THERE IS NO WAY A 3-LOSS TEAM GETS IN ... YOU HAVE SIX TEAMS AT (7-0), RIDGEWOOD (6-1) IN 5TH PLACE, PORTSMOUTH WEST (6-1) IN 6TH PLACE AND COLUMBUS ACADEMY (5-2) IN 8TH PLACE ... HECK THE BURG HAS ONE LOSS AND IS CLEAR DOWN IN 11TH ... ALEXANDER HAS ONE LOSS AND IS AT 13TH ... LIBERY UNION HAS ONE LOSS AND IS IN 15TH PLACE.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

93Bulldog wrote:I don't think a loss or not playing a team makes a difference at all ... You recieve 0 points for the week if you lose - you recieve 0 points if you don't play. It does though kind of hurt teams who played Coal Grove, if Coal Grove happened to win the game - or - vice versa for teams who played Trimble.

Athens could have benefited from a Coal Grove win - Nelsonville-York would have if Trimble won.

As for Coal Grove - I don't know their circumstances - we'll have to see how it plays out.
It makes a little difference. The L2 divisor for Trimble is a 89. Playing this game would make it jump to a 99. They have 44 level 2 right now. You divide the 44 by 89 and multiple it by ten you get 4.94 second level points. If you take that same 44 and divide it by 99 you get 4.44. This is a .5 difference that could mean a seed in the playoffs

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

tomcatdad wrote:

What is there to run down?
They won't play the game because it can hurt them if they lose period!

Return to “Football”