The Eastern/Southern rivalry

joe_tornadoe
Freshman Team

The Eastern/Southern rivalry

Post by joe_tornadoe »

I am writing an article in the high school paper on the Eastern/Southern rivalry. So if anybody has any information on the history of it, when it started, the records, the scores and who won each game, etc, or even just general thoughts on information on the series, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

joe_tornadoe
Freshman Team

Re: The Eastern/Southern rivalry

Post by joe_tornadoe »

TTT

tomcat15

Post by tomcat15 »

Is it really a rivalry when one team wins most of the time?

joe_tornadoe
Freshman Team

Post by joe_tornadoe »

You mean kind of like like Trimble/NY?

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

OH MY GOD!!!!! BURN!!!!!!

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

joe_tornadoe wrote:I am writing an article in the high school paper on the Eastern/Southern rivalry. So if anybody has any information on the history of it, when it started, the records, the scores and who won each game, etc, or even just general thoughts on information on the series, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Contact Scott Wolfe he should have some info.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

It's not what it used to be. I remember when I was an Easterner in the 70's, it was brutal at times. About the mid 70's is when Southern started dominating in basketball AND football. Yes, football.

Things have changed. It was blasphemous to date or even associate w/kids from Southern, and as far as I knew, visa versa. It went deeper than just sports. Nowadays kids intermingle and it doesn't seem to matter as much. In that respect, it's good.

Find an athlete from both schools, should help with that.

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

Might want to spend an evening or Saturday at the library. I doubt it would take too long to go through the archives. I'd bet that there are a lot pre-game articles that have already done alot of the research. Short of that you might consider old yearbooks for scores.

Fan-o-Southern - I too am a mid 70's Easterner. I much prefer the intermingling we see today. As a side note, I wish the powers that be would move the game back to Friday.

Boomer Sooner
Waterboy

Post by Boomer Sooner »

Should be a great rivalry as usual....NOT!!!! Drive on down to mercerville if you want to watch a couple of real football teams!!!!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

And who are you referring to when you say a couple of REAL teams?

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Boomer Sooner wrote:Should be a great rivalry as usual....NOT!!!! Drive on down to mercerville if you want to watch a couple of real football teams!!!!

Why would Eastern and Southern people drive that far to watch a 40 point pounding?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

IMO, Hasn't been a real one in probably 25 years between these two schools (kids today don't think of most rivalries like we "Old Schooler's" used to but they were fun to have back in the day).

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Back in the DAY,it wasn't that much fun. I think the four years I was in school the point spread was 172 to 8.Their were some really ugly games back then.Fed Hock was a bigger rival.

Return to “Football”