TVC Hocking adds South Gallia, Belpre moving down

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

TVC Hocking adds South Gallia, Belpre moving down

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

At the TVC meeting last night in Athens, South Gallia was voted into the TVC as the 14th member. South Gallia will join the TVC Hocking in 2010-2011. Belpre will also move down from the TVC Ohio to the TVC Hocking to give each division an even number of schools. The TVC Ohio will have 6 schools and the TVC Hocking will have 8 schools.

TVC in 2010:

TVC OHIO:
Alexander
Athens
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Wellston

TVC HOCKING:
Belpre
Eastern
Federal Hocking
Miller
South Gallia
Southern
Trimble
Waterford

I guess the next logical step will be to either add two teams to the TVC OHIO for two 8 team divisions or add teams and split the league into three divisions.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: TVC Hocking adds South Gallia, Belpre moving down

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Football in 2010 might not have this lineup, depending on schedule commitments already in place by Belpre and South Gallia.
Last edited by NYBuckeye96 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

All 13 schools voted in favor of adding South Gallia.

The Belpre vote to move down to the Hocking was 10-2-1. The no votes were Eastern and Trimble. Wellston abstained.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

interesting :mrgreen:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Here is how enrollments breakdown in the new TVC break down -

TVC OHIO
1. ATHENS 363
2. VINTON COUNTY 296
3. MEIGS 223
4. ALEXANDER 206
5. WELLSTON 181
6. NELSONVILLE-YORK 161

TVC HOCKING
7. BELPRE 140
8. FEDERAL HOCKING 138
9. TRIMBLE 112
10. SOUTH GALLIA 100
11. MILLER 97
12. EASTERN 95
13. SOUTHERN 91
14. WATERFORD 90
Last edited by NYBuckeye96 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I didn't think Belpre would want to move to the Hocking. Interesting.

Maybe they will finally let Warren in the Ohio.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

This is very interesting...I'm not saying Warren WANTS to come to the TVC, but, if Marietta leaves for the ECOL and Portsmouth for the SOC and Logan for bigger and better things, well, then we might need a place to go...hmmm.

Smart move by Belpre.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

WHSwarrior wrote:This is very interesting...I'm not saying Warren WANTS to come to the TVC, but, if Marietta leaves for the ECOL and Portsmouth for the SOC and Logan for bigger and better things, well, then we might need a place to go...hmmm.

Smart move by Belpre.

Warren tried to get back in a couple of years ago and couldn't get the votes. I would like to see Warren in the TVC-OHIO. That is the one other school in the area that I think would be a great fit.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I'm wondering if River Valley might want to apply again to the TVC OHIO since South Gallia has joined the TVC HOCKING?

Warren would be a good fit to rejoin the TVC. I agree.

There is clearly an opening to add two schools to the Ohio now. Unless, the thought was to ultimately create a third division. Then you would need at least 3 more schools I would think.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Belpre is going to dominate the All-Sports Trophy in the TVC HOCKING. You heard it here first. :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I'm wondering if River Valley might want to apply again to the TVC OHIO since South Gallia has joined the TVC HOCKING?

Warren would be a good fit to rejoin the TVC. I agree.

There is clearly an opening to add two schools to the Ohio now. Unless, the thought was to ultimately create a third division. Then you would need at least 3 more schools I would think.

I just don't think River Vally would get the votes to get in. I don't have any thing against RV, but it just seems like the TVC doesn't want them.

All I know is that like it or not I think a lot of change is coming to the TVC!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I am not sure it would be a good fit but does any one think the TVC would extend an invite to Marretta(sp)? I know they are looking at moving out of the SEAOL right now.
Or even GHS.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Orange and Brown wrote:I am not sure it would be a good fit but does any one think the TVC would extend an invite to Marretta(sp)? I know they are looking at moving out of the SEAOL right now.
Or even GHS.

Marietta is bigger than Athens. I think if Marietta were invited it would be under the scenerio of three divisions - large, medium, and small. I don't think Marietta would be invited to join the TVC Ohio as it exists today.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I would think that if the TVC were to add any schools to the Ohio, they would add 2 schools, not 1.

Belpre moving to the Hocking gets rid of the problem of odd number of teams in the Ohio and the nonleague game late in the year during league games. That was a big headache for Ohio schools trying to find nonleague games in week 7,8,9 and 10.

Of course, this opens the door ever so slightly of going to 3 divisions if you add 4 schools total. 18 teams, 3 divisions of 6 each. Mmmmm, who would you get? What schools in SE Ohio around the Washington, Athens, Jackson county areas that have looked around of late? ;-)

South Gallia is in. What is the reason for not bringing in River Valley?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I am not sure it would be a good fit but does any one think the TVC would extend an invite to Marretta(sp)? I know they are looking at moving out of the SEAOL right now.
Or even GHS.

Marietta is bigger than Athens. I think if Marietta were invited it would be under the scenerio of three divisions - large, medium, and small. I don't think Marietta would be invited to join the TVC Ohio as it exists today.

I didn't think so either but I had to ask. :lol:
I would like to see Warren and Gallia in the TVC-OHio, but who knows what will happen. It seems like the powers that be keep things close to there vest. I really don't want to see 3 divisions but that may be where we are going.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Mister B wrote:I would think that if the TVC were to add any schools to the Ohio, they would add 2 schools, not 1.

Belpre moving to the Hocking gets rid of the problem of odd number of teams in the Ohio and the nonleague game late in the year during league games. That was a big headache for Ohio schools trying to find nonleague games in week 7,8,9 and 10.

Of course, this opens the door ever so slightly of going to 3 divisions if you add 4 schools total. 18 teams, 3 divisions of 6 each. Mmmmm, who would you get? What schools in SE Ohio around the Washington, Athens, Jackson county areas that have looked around of late? ;-)

South Gallia is in. What is the reason for not bringing in River Valley?

I am not sure why the TVC doesn't want RV in but it seems like no one is open to adding them. Now as you know things change and can change quickly so we will see what happens. I guess we will just have to sit back and watch what unfolds.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I wonder what South Gallia's record is against the Hocking schools? I would think that South Gallia would be in the top half of the division in terms of competition.

Belpre will definately challenge for a league title in most years in the Hocking.

I think the Hocking Division just took a giant step in terms of increasing the competition level within the division, which is what was needed. Whoever wins the new Hocking Division in the future will have had to have defeated at least a few quality teams within the division in any given year.

Belpre and Trimble might just have sealed their fate of becoming each other's biggest league rival.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Orange and Brown wrote: I guess we will just have to sit back and watch what unfolds.

I agree. I don't think for one minute that things are all finalized. Look at the sheer number of teams in southeast Ohio looking at making moves.

I believe last nights vote was the first step of much bigger changes coming to the TVC. Actually, it was the second step. Voting Athens into the TVC was the first big change of this process. Now that in turn is creating a domino effect.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Could it produce one to two playoff teams a year?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I wonder what South Gallia's record is against the Hocking schools? I would think that South Gallia would be in the top half of the division in terms of competition.

Belpre will definately challenge for a league title in most years in the Hocking.

I think the Hocking Division just took a giant step in terms of increasing the competition level within the division, which is what was needed. Whoever wins the new Hocking Division in the future will have had to have defeated at least a few quality teams within the division in any given year.

Belpre and Trimble might just have sealed their fate of becoming each other's biggest league rival.

I think Belpre Trimble would be a great game year in and year out. I think this makes the Hocking super competitive!!!!!!
I know SG plays Southern and Eastern, not sure about the other schools in the Hocking.

Miller and Southern have been celler dwellers most years so I think this puts them in a tough spot. This does mean that you will have 4 or 5 really good teams in any given year. The TVC-Hocking Tittle might not go through Trimble in a couple of years.

Return to “Football”