West Football

WestSide Pride
Waterboy

West Football

Post by WestSide Pride »

What is it looking like for this season? Whats the lineup looking like as of now?

sider
All Conference

Re: West Football

Post by sider »

Should be a good season for the West side. They have good numbers in the weight room, and big strong kids. However, judging by the 7 on 7's they a have a lot of work to do, the secondary had trouble with assignments and staying in a zone, and on offense its still a two horse race for quarterback, not that its a bad thing, but both qb's have a lot of work to do (Journey did look the best however). This team is real young, so they will have to grow up fast, espicially before Soc play, this won't be like last year where they had experienced, brash leadership on the field.

I do think that the 7 on 7's is taking away what will be West's strongest point, the line play, the should big one of the best units in the Soc.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

"I do think that the 7 on 7's is taking away what will be West's strongest point, the line play, the should big one of the best units in the Soc."

No suprise, Triplett loves his linemen.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

With as strong as this line is looking, and their last 7 month dedication to the
weightroom, alot of other folks better pack a lunch. And when they try to bring
down Murphy and Pendleton.............Well better bring desert also, that will
double for a cold pack. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

These other SOC teams are banking on West taking a big step back. We'll have to see how things go, but I think they're in for a rude awakening.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I heard West will be starting their football camp this weekend. I went down one day last year and the camp seemed to draw alot of future football players to the camp. Good Luck with this years camp and season.

West Fans get behind the Camp and the Players!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Just curious who do you guys scrimmage,where and what time?

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I am surprised that West moved back to DIII region 15. It will be a harder road to get back to State. Best of luck WEST!!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Div. 4

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Sorry D4 Region 15.

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

Could someone please post West's Scrimmage Games along with time and place?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

August 15th...Gallia Accademy at Home...10am start is what it says on the schedule..That is the only scrimmage West has this year

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

Surely this is not the case, if so that is a poor job by the athletic director. No jamboree game or anything?

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

^^^^^ It's true, only one scrimmage.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

They tried to get another scrimmage, and they weren't able to. In fact there was a post on here taking ideas for one. I guess they tried everyone they could think of and there weren't any takers. I heard there were a couple schools they called that told them of schools looking for a scrimmage. When they called them, they wouldn't play. West only had 1 last year, and it showed with a very sloppy game at Fairland. They'll get through the game again this year, and then they'll be ready for Portsmouth. I think 3 scrimmages, especially with West's style, may be too much anyway for getting injuries. 2 scrimmages, with a week off, would be better.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I also heard they looked all over for another scrimmage and could not find one. I would say if anyone knows about some school looking for a scrimmage I would call the Coaches or post on this site.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Good luck to West this year!

jeffie4545
Freshman Team

Post by jeffie4545 »

i heard ironton is looking for another scrimmage, why not scrimmage them

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

The bottom line is that the AD has done a terrible job not having scrimmages lined up in advance, you can't expect to get teams lined up a month before the game, the scrimmages/jamboree game should be already set for next season. What a poor job of planning!!! West will already be going into the season two games of experience behind everyone else, with a young team THAT is a big hurdle.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I was looking at a thread on the other site about D4, and can anyone challenge Kettering Alter, who won it last year. These are some of the teams they listed that moved up or down; Youngstown Mooney, Steubenville, Akron SVSM, Coldwater, Cincinnati Wyoming, Waverly and New Lexington. Later they mentioned Kenton and their quarterback, Matt Mauk. Then you have Coshocton moving back to Region 15. Except New Lex moving out, it's like 02 all over again.

Return to “Football”