Wasonga in college? D-I athlete?

PeterVincent
Waterboy

Wasonga in college? D-I athlete?

Post by PeterVincent »

I seen Jermon Jackson form Arn-ton in high school and he went to Ohio State and never really saw the field. Isn't the Wasonga kid about the same size and speed as Jackson? Why do people think that 20 years later that Wasonga could fare any better in the BCS division?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: Wasonga in college? D-I athlete?

Post by BBallin fool »

Hey!! I wish Wasonga the best.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Saw Jackson score 4 TDs one afternoon in The Shoe-94.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Saw Jackson score 4 TDs one afternoon in The Shoe-94.

I believe I was there as well. Against Houston I believe.

Anyways, I will speak my piece on this. He is no doubt an extraordinary athlete. I am not sure on his exact forty time, but he is fast!!! The thing everyone has to consider is the fact that we don't know how this kid is going to mature. Will he go to college as a freshman and gain 25 pounds of muscle? We don't know how his body will grow.

I would say he will get some offers.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Two very important questions; what are his grades like? What type of courses does he take? We DO NOT need to answer these on this forum, but it will affect where he can go.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

From the Ultimate 100 Combine when he was a freshman...
(http://www.ultimate100camp.com/freshman08lastname.htm)

Wasorga Allan 9th
Height - 68.5
Weight - 180
Standing Reach - 87
Jumping Reach - 120
Vertical - 33
Broad Jump - 9'7
Shuttle - 4.91
40 - 4.56
Bench Reps - 28 at 135 lbs.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Another kid on that list I see is Nigel King from Wakefield in Raleigh NC!One of my best friends is the head coach there!

earp
S

Post by earp »

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

I heard that 2 months ago. I figured he would have crossed the Ohio River when finding a school to play for rather than staying in West Virginia even though Parkersburg is a big name school. Can't blame him though, he's just bettering himself..

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

I'm looking forward to the Parkersburg Marietta matchup this year. Hopefully i'll be able to attend and watch him.

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

I can honestly say, he was not the best RB Wayne faced last year...but he was a sophomore and the other kid (RB at Grafton named Damon Waters) was a senior. I saw Seagraves from South Point, who I thought was a better all-around back as well.

He has potential, but he's not the second coming of Barry Sanders. He could make a solid D-I player...but he's not going to play ANYWHERE in America as a feature back when he's a freshman and probably not as a redshirt-freshman either.

And the whole going to a better school to better himself is garbage. Point Pleasant didn't get out of the first round with him last year...they lost in a game in which he got his bell rung and became a non-factor.

He's not going to be a big-time back at Parkersburg this year...he'll merely blend into a good football team. That's merely my opinion, which carries zero weight toward anything.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

One thing for certain, He will not get 25-30 carries up here in Parkersburg per game like he did at Point.

He will make us better, but not great.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Pioneer_PA wrote:Point Pleasant didn't get out of the first round with him last year...they lost in a game in which he got his bell rung and became a non-factor.

They were leading the whole game until the last 10 minutes or so. Without him, Point sure as heck wouldn't have made the playoffs. As for him being a non factor that game, I would say that the field being a wet muddy mess had a lot to do with it. He could play on my team anyday....

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

So what you're saying is...he didn't play well (actually he did play quite well until getting lit up on an blindside block during a Magnolia INT return I believe) because the field was wet. Amazingly, everyone else played on the very same field. Field conditions are a weak excuse.

I saw him get caught from behind at Wayne.

Look at it this way too. Point Pleasant's kids starting leaning heaviliy upon him as the season went along. By the playoffs, when he became a non-factor, they weren't ready to turn it over to anyone else.

Their line play was pretty darn good last year. Wasonga's a special talent, I'm not disputing that. But he's not good enough to warrant this amount of attention at this time. I feel bad for what he did to Point Pleasant, but in retrospect it shouldn't come as a surprise...he and his brothers did the same thing to Wahama before moving to Point Pleasant.

My biggest problem is his family, who seems to be arrogant and naive at the same time about his future and other kids across the state of West Virginia.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I think her should come to Fairland and play! :mrgreen:

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

earp wrote:I think her should come to Fairland and play! :mrgreen:

He just might if he doesn't like the situation at Parkersburg!!!
Seriously, Wasonga is a talented running back, but how many talented running backs have we seen over the years that didn't pan out for one reason or another?
I think too many times parents, kids, whoever, try to write the script instead of just letting the story unfold on its own.
Work hard, improve yourself, be a good teammate, do what your coaches tell you to do ... those are some of the keys to success.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

As I thought about this for a few days, I have come to the conclusion that he would probably have a better chance a college scholarship and be able to make more of an impact at the next level if he switched positions. I think he would be dangerous as a quarterback on an option team.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Where would he transfer next to become an option QB?

wildcat76
Waterboy

Post by wildcat76 »

Hannan High School - with there new coaching staff he will go D1 for sure

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Hannan High School - with there new coaching staff he will go D1 for sure

With their new coaching staff, he might not even want to play football anymore.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”