South Gallia Steps Up....What now TVC?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: South Gallia Steps Up....What now TVC?

Post by Orange and Brown »

Congradulations :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You want a cookie.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Eh? :?:

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Welcome to the TVC, Hope you enjoy your second place trophy!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

What just happened? :lol:

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Orange and Brown wrote:Congradulations :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You want a cookie.

If he won't take it, I will!
What kind? Chocolate chip?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Give yourselves at least a year before you start talking about being at the top of the TVC-Hocking. As of right now and in the near future the G-Town Rutters are the class of the TVC-Hocking. :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

I hope everybody at SGHS is as excited as you are, MM!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Belpre is the best addition to the Hocking since the division was formed in the fall of '93. Belpre will see more than its share of championships in every sport.

Belpre will impact the Hocking Division like Athens did this past year in the TVC Ohio - immediate impact in most sports. Only difference is, Belpre will have a decent shot at winning football and basketball championships in their first season in the Hocking.

I think whoever wins the Hocking Division now, having played 7 league games, will have deserved the championship and have a decent shot in the small school playoffs. Look for both Belpre and Federal Hocking to fall down to Division 6 status in the not to distant future.

I'm not sure what kind of impact South Gallia will have initially in the Hocking, but as their records against Hocking schools indicate in the past several years, it could be hit or miss.

The expansion just made it that much harder for teams like Miller, Eastern, and Southern to compete for a league championship in football. I would have Belpre and Trimble as the top two programs, with Waterford and Federal Hocking following behind in most years and in the hunt for a title during their good years. Maybe South Gallia after that. And then Miller, Eastern, and Southern fighting it out for the final three positions in most years.

If one of the bottom schools can beat Belpre, Trimble, Waterford, and Federal Hocking in a single season, then that school will more than deserve to be division champions. That's why I think this expansion only benefits the Hocking Division. It provides more credibility for whatever team wins that championship.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Someone better tell Belpre they arent invited to the dance. :roll: I think Belpre will win their share of Hocking titles.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I think Belpre will be very tough in the Hocking, but I wouldn't say that Trimbles dominence(sp) is going to end because of Belpre.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Orange and Brown wrote:I think Belpre will be very tough in the Hocking, but I wouldn't say that Trimbles dominence(sp) is going to end because of Belpre.

Trimble will certainly still win its share of titles. I do not think Trimble will dominate the Hocking with Belpre in the division, however. Belpre will have its share of titles as well. I would guess that over a 10 year span, Belpre and Trimble will both probably win about as many championships as each other in football, with Waterford in third place. Everyone else will fight it out to win whatever championship those three schools do not win in a given year. And those years will be few and far between. At least for the forseeable future.

I'm guessing that the Trimble administration probably thinks the way I do since they were one of only two schools to vote no for Belpre joining the Hocking Division. I have not heard the reason they voted no, but if I had to guess, it would be because Belpre would mean fewer championships for Trimble in most sports. Again, I still think Trimble will win its share of championships, just not as many as they have grown accustomed to since the Hocking Division was formed.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I am glade to see some good post on this topic. The TVC Hocking Championships will go through Trimble and Belpre the majority of the time. The Hocking could produce two playoff teams in a year now with the changes. JMO!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

The one interesting fact about the Hocking or any small school conference is that having a couple of good athletes in key spots, can turn an also ran team into a title winner in one season.

This is harder to do in a larger conference where depth becomes a greater factor in developing a winner.

It will be interesting to see how things play out after this season when the additions of SG and Belpre take effect for all sports except football.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

oooo i forgot south gallia had football. i thought the only sport they played on a football field was a roundball sport my bad. :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

SOUTH GALLIA WILL NOT TAKE OVER ,TRIMBLE WILL BE A FORCE FOR THEM TO DEAL WITH

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

What did I say, the TVC Hocking football championships most years will go through Trimble and Belpre. I would not put a lot of stock in what mercervillemonster said. Remember there are two with similar names, one just likes to stir the pot while the other makes good post.

I will say this that with the changes in the TVC Hocking it will be a tough league in all sports and who every comes out the champion will earn it now. Heck the league could produce two playoff teams most years now.

South Gallia will have to step up their programs in all sports. Competition can only make you better.

Mister B-very good post. I think the two of us have talked before-GAHS4ever is a friend of mine.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ok. . . if you actually took offense to someone who says that South Gallia will own the conference in football, you need your head examined more than that person.
When the statement was made, it should have been harmlessly chuckled at. . . like this: :lol:

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Good grief people!!! How smart do you have to be to realize that someone who makes ridiculous posts like this mercervillemonster is not a fan of the school but someone who wants to get people fired up???????????????????????????????????????????????????? Think before you people reply to idiotic posts!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

No one got offended.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Orange and Brown wrote:No one got offended.

I know I wasn't. Only trying to stimulate some conversation in a positive direction.

As of late, positive or constructive conversation seems to be a lost art with some on SEOPS.

Return to “Football”