HEY TOMCAT NATION! How do you like my avatar?

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Re: HEY TOMCAT NATION! How do you like my avatar?

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Here you go Bux, read the link below and then maybe YOU will get a clue about the MAC. It's widely known that the majority of the teams could come to SE Ohio and easily beat anyone here. And creb is correct, Delphos St. Johns is the only private school in the whole conference. The rest, especially Coldwater and Marion Local, are very strong DV and DVI public school programs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_At ... Conference

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

^Thats pretty impressive, that many state titles out of one league.^

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Wahama did play Meigs and actually dropped them mid summer around 96 97. That was too late for Meigs to pick up a game and had only 9 games that year. Until that memory is completely gone or many people have died i dont see Meigs playing them again.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Population does not help any of those schools at all because they are all out in the middle of nowhere. They just know how to play football and they are taught the system at a young age. Kenton is another school that is public and is in the middle of nowhere. Football in that are is like comparing night and day to ours.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

mercerville monster wrote:Kenton is another school that is public and is in the middle of nowhere. Football in that are is like comparing night and day to ours.
Ben and Maty Mauk

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

G.W.A. wrote:Wahama did play Meigs and actually dropped them mid summer around 96 97. That was too late for Meigs to pick up a game and had only 9 games that year. Until that memory is completely gone or many people have died i dont see Meigs playing them again.

Thanks for the information the records I had went back to 2000 season

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Runnin rebels wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:Wahama did play Meigs and actually dropped them mid summer around 96 97. That was too late for Meigs to pick up a game and had only 9 games that year. Until that memory is completely gone or many people have died i dont see Meigs playing them again.

Thanks for the information the records I had went back to 2000 season
Meigs always had Wahama's number on the football field. When Meigs first consolidated they beat a couple good Wahama teams (67'-68', 69' ?) and then didn't play them for many years after that except for a few JV or Freshmen games. I believe the next time they played was around 80' or 81' and Meigs won that one. I don't think they've played each other more than 4 or 5 times with Meigs winning each one and I think they were all played in Pomeroy but I could be mistaken since I'm trying to recollect from memory only. What you must remember is that Meigs started out as "AAA" in the SEOAL then was a big "AA" for a few years before a steady decline in students and atheletes over the last 25 years or so. Wahama at that time was "AA" in West Virginia but have been "A" since around 1985-1986 and that's when they started their streak of many years of football playoffs when the "computer points" first started up and everyone had a fair and equitable chance. When I was at Wahama we played the Winfields & Ravenswoods of the world who had a few state titles to their name back then. We did play Southern, Federal Hocking and Kyger Creek (when they were winning the SVAC every year). Back then we had 8-2 and 7-3 records that didn't get us a sniff of the WV playoffs because they took 4 teams that basically the "media" picked to play in each division. No computers back in those days but I wish there had been. All in all, both Meigs and Wahama have had a lot of good teams especially in baseball and football over the decades and I wish them both continued success in whatever this TVC turns into. :-D

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Pitstop Billy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:58 am Besides, we at NYHS, have been trying to level the playing field in recruiting. We have been getting kids from other areas of the state for about a year now. Thats why we beat the privates when they play us.
Well good for NY. Sounds great. Good luck next season.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.

Return to “Football”