Rules to cheer by....

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Rules to cheer by....

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm going to start a string in good faith. I invite others to add to it in a purely plutonic nature. Fans are proud of their teams and rivalries are great. I don't expect anyone to withhold comments about the other team not playing up to schedule, etc., but these are rules we shold all abide on Friday nights....

1) Stand and remove your hat when the National Anthem is played. Should be a no-brainer but there are a few who don't use what the Good Lord gave 'em. Make your kids behave while it's played, too.

2) If your team loses by 20 points, don't write on here that the refs blew it or the other team was lucky.

3) Don't talk bad about a kid who makes an honost mistake. His parents might just be sitting next to you (and it might be me).

4) If your team is winning/losing by more than three touchdowns at halftime, don't leave. Things can change and besides, other kids that work just as hard but don't get to play otherwise might get a chance at the Friday Night Lights.

5) The coach is not an idiot. He is not retiring to the Carribean on his salary.

OK, have at it.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Re: Rules to cheer by....

Post by abuck76 »

Nice post.............. :12224

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

6. No foul language in the stands or on the sidelines. There are children present at these games and no one wants to hear that the coach is an effin idiot. Have some common sense.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

:lol: Man i got a good one.

7. When the opposing team busts a run for 20 yards on on 4th and 10, dont have you and your entire family of retarded hillbillys stand up and and whistle and hoop and holler cause your son on the losing team of a score of 48-0 with like 1:00 left in the game, made the tackle :lol: :lol: Actually seen that happen
:lol:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This one goes strictly for the Coal Grove/Rock Hill game:

"If you can't beat 'em, fight 'em in the parking lot!" :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

bigtimehitter wrote::lol: Man i got a good one.

7. When the opposing team busts a run for 20 yards on on 4th and 10, dont have you and your entire family of retarded hillbillys stand up and and whistle and hoop and holler cause your son on the losing team of a score of 48-0 with like 1:00 left in the game, made the tackle :lol: :lol: Actually seen that happen
:lol:

I don't really see the problem there. Maybe that kid is a senior who doesn't start or a underclassman who doesn't play that much.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^
Agree. Cheer for the kids win or lose. May be the only time these kids get praise.

I agree use the same language at games you would use in front of your mother or grandmother. Someone elses is there.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

8. Don't smoke in the stands. I know that one is a no-brainer, but you would be surprised how many people still do.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

9. If you're a fan from the visiting team, do not sit on the home-side bleachers. . . this makes it awkward for everyone around you from the home team.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

10. Don't boo the visiting team when they take the field.
Save that for the NFL.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

11. Somewhat like number six, Act like you have a little common sense and show your children how to act at a sporting event. Don't yell like some clown who is hopped up on some illegal drug.
Last edited by boogerred on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Orange and Brown wrote:10. Don't boo the visiting team when they take the field.
Save that for the NFL.

AMEN! and don't boo the home team when they take the field...save that for Cleveland. :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^^^^
:122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

boogerred wrote:11. Somewhat like number six, Act like you have a little common sense and show your children how to act at a sporting event. Don't yell like some clown who is hopped up on some illegal drug.

Oh come on!!!
I'm a yeller. I never say anything bad but I like to yell.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

dont let your young children run wild in the stands

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

-Don't arrive at kick-off and expect me to move so you can have the seat I've been sitting in for the last hour.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

fuzzhead wrote:9. If you're a fan from the visiting team, do not sit on the home-side bleachers. . . this makes it awkward for everyone around you from the home team.

I had that happen to me this past year against South Point, I made it so akward for them that they just got up and left.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Priceless Fuzz!! :lol:The comment on the Rock Hill vs Coal Grove rivalry!
12.If you are a parent dont go around the game telling everyone youre kid has Ohio State looking at him just because her went to camp there or got some mailer from them! :roll: I have heard that so many times at alot of different schools around Southern Ohio,It seems to be a big problem here!Be realistic about the kids talent level please,It will do him alot more good in the end!

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

boogerred wrote:8. Don't smoke in the stands. I know that one is a no-brainer, but you would be surprised how many people still do.

I thought there was NO SMOKING anywhere on school grounds. And I have seen a deputy smoke during a game but not in the stands. And one school has a spotter that smokes atop the press box.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

earp wrote:Priceless Fuzz!! :lol:The comment on the Rock Hill vs Coal Grove rivalry!

I appreciate the comment, earp, but I have to tell you the same thing I've been telling others on another thread:

Coal Grove v. Rock Hill is not a rivalry. The all-time record in the series is 44-14. The all time record against the Pedro Redmen from 1928 to 1950 was 21-5-2. That means that Coal Grove's all-time record against the "Redmen" currently sits at 65-19-2. That means that on average, Coal Grove wins just about 4 out of every 5 games these two play. Is that really a rivalry? No. The only people who make this game a 'rivalry' are the few redneck/drunk has-been idiots who get into screaming matches/fights after the game. As I said on the other thread, the only reason this one became relevant at all was because Coal Grove's record against them slipped in the 90s and then into the new millineum when Coal Grove was terrible. Before 1993, Coal Grove was 31-5 (.861) against Rock Hill.
Rock Hill has been the worst OVC charter member by far since the conference began in 1954. Where is the glamor in beating them?

Return to “Football”