trojans 7on7

power_house88
Waterboy

trojans 7on7

Post by power_house88 »

did anyone attend the 7on7 at valley this evening. if so what was seen of the trojans. Also which individuals preformed well

BigTime
JV Team

Re: trojans 7on7

Post by BigTime »

Not bad for the first time out this season. Myers did not play due to baseball, but Mason Jordan threw the ball well. Receivers ran crisp routes and caught the ball really well. The first group of defensive players looked pretty good. Much more athletic on the defensive side of the ball. But until the pads go on and the real hitting gets started its still just 7 on 7. Wait until August and then we can tell how this team will be this year.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Trojans look much better tonight than Tuesday. They were able to score on both Valley and Wellston several time. The difference in talent was for sure on the trojans side. I know Valley was missing some key players, so I don't think we got a true feel for the Indians. As for Wellston, their defense look pretty good. There offense couldn't do much more then 5-7 yds every other play. If their offense catches up with their defense they will win some games. The Trojans look very athletic on both sides of the ball, but it's only 7 on 7. If the games were played 7 on 7, the Trojans would have won tons of state titles by now. That's why you can't put to much on these 7 on 7's. The pads go on in a little more than a week. But based on tonight the trojans will be much more athletic than last year. GO TROJANS

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I wasnt there but was told by some that were ,and they seemed to have a different view than yours Bigtime.
At one point in the scrimmage Wellston's Qb was 15-16 passes and three ending up in the endzone from the forty yard line against Portsmouth. Wellston also had four picks against Portsmouth. I heard Wellston looked really sharp tonight.
The Valley part of the scrimmage was hard to say the Indians were a few Braves short from what I was told . This time of year kids my be on vacation or something.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I was there,and I was very pleased with what I sen out of the Trojans.......al 3 teams threw some picks,that wil happen in pasing camps,when all you do is pass.....

out of the 3 ..."7 on 7 ".... teams, Portsmouth was defenatly having their way for the most part.

but like they say.........its pasing camp...what can you really tell?

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

That was Wellston's second time with the ball against the Trojans. They did do very well on this series and did complete several in a row. But this was also Portsmouth JV's in on the second time around. I think Wellston will be fine this year, but they only scored once against the Trojans 1st D. They were picked twice against the Trojans first D, and only completed 8 passes against the 1st D. Portsmouth's 1st team O had it's way with both teams scoring 10 times against the other 2 teams. They also dropped 3 wide open scores that were dropped. It's all for nothing because it's 7 on 7 with no running,blocking, and most of all hitting. Good luck to all of 3 teams this year.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

trojans look very good tonight. other than a couple of drops for scores they had there way with the other 2 teams. i like what i seen from the defense, much more aggresive this year. heard valley was missing some athletes tonight. they will be pretty good this year in my opinion when everyone is there. wellston's passing game struggled some tonight against the trojans varsity defense. but, i think several teams might struggle against this much more athletic defense this year.

Return to “Football”