Back Yard Brawl Piketon vs. Waverly

R-STREAK
Riding the Bench

Back Yard Brawl Piketon vs. Waverly

Post by R-STREAK »

Another year gone bye....the taste of defeat still lingers in Piketon..But what a classic of a game..both sides leaving it on the field..THATS WHAT I CALL FOOTBALL...whatever we do I hope we don't punt to Roback...LOL :oops:

BPG
Waterboy

Re: Back Yard Brawl Piketon vs. Waverly

Post by BPG »

I wouldn't call that game a classic. The loss should burning in Piketons memory.
Giving up 50 some points or whatever it was, lack of defense on both sides of
the ball. Entertaining is a better term for the game, 50 plus points for both teams.
Waverly capitalized on lack of focus down the stretch by Piketon. I would say neither
defensive coaches are hoping for a repeat of last years game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

There will be some points scored in this one again. It may not be 50+ for each team but a ton of points will go up on the board. I don't know what Piketon has back on offense but Waverly has too much offensive power to not score a bunch in this one.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Last year's game was an offensive explosion and Piketon seemed to be still be stunned in Week 2 (losing to a good NY team).
This year will be very interesting. I expect Piketon to run the ball more than they did last year.
IDK what the Streaks have on the defensive side of the ball at all. Waverly's offense is high-powered at the skill positions and if the line can give Roback time or running lanes it could be a long night for Piketon.
If the Streaks get in the Tigers' backfield Waverly could have problems. But with this being the opening game I think the key will be turnovers. And I hate to bring this up a month before the season starts, but this game could bring some second level points.
Most know where I stand in this game on the Tigers' side but I hope both teams have good, healthy seasons.

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

whatever we do I hope we don't punt to Roback...LOL ;
well that was the coaches mistake their and that was not the reason for the defeat and u think so u are crazy ! Piketon should have went for it it was 4th and 5 just past mid-field and they had been averging almost 8 to ten yards a run all night!
but im looking foward for this game, i think this game will be a good one!
GO STREAKS ! :12224

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Is Waverly going to be able to get borrow some portable bleachers for this game?
The place is going to be packed with it being on Saturday and such a rivalry.
A bunch of seats were lost when the bleachers by the gym came down.

Return to “Football”