7-team 7-on-7 at Jackson on Friday July 31

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

7-team 7-on-7 at Jackson on Friday July 31

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

I thought I would post this because of not only the auction being rescheduled, but 7 teams in a 7-on-7 at Jackson this coming Friday (July 31). See you then.

Jackson Football Sideliners Club auction reset

An auction, which was set to follow the Jackson Football Sideliners Club golf scramble on Saturday, was postponed and is rescheduled for Friday of this week (July 31) at Alumni Stadium.

The auction is set to begin at 8:30 p.m., and will follow the Jackson Ironmen’s seven-team 7-on-7 football passing scrimmage on Friday.

The passing scrimmage will start at 6 p.m. at Alumni Stadium, with Chillicothe, Circleville, Minford, River Valley, Rock Hill, South Point and host Jackson participating.

The auction was originally scheduled to be held following the golf scramble on Saturday, but the golf outing was rained out halfway through.

Most of the items to be auctioned off are Ohio State football memorabilia.

They include an A.J. Hawk autographed jersey; framed photos of Ohio State greats Chris Speilman, Troy Smith and Eddie George; a photograph autographed by all of the Heisman Trophy winners from Ohio State; and a framed photo autographed by the entire 2002 BCS National Championship team.

Also being auctioned off is a Jackson Ironmen football helmet with the new paint and decal scheme, and a Cleveland-brand golf bag.

ironman02
SEOP

Re: 7-team 7-on-7 at Jackson on Friday July 31

Post by ironman02 »

Thanks for the information, keyser_soze78. Sounds like it should be an interesting passing scrimmage, especially with Chillicothe, a regular season opponent, participating.

Any idea what the new paint and decal scheme on the helmet will look like?

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

ironman02.....You are welcome on the info. I'm not sure on the new paint and decal. Guess we'll find out Friday what it looks like.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

I hope they don't do away with the great Ji logo on the helmet. I really like that logo. Also, they're not going change to a different shade of red like Wellston changed to a different shade of gold in 2001-2006 are they?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

That's exactly why I was so quick to ask. I really like the current Jackson helmet. Hopefully the changes are minor, but I guess I should wait until Friday before I pass judgment on the potential new design. I'll be interested to see what the new uniforms look like also.

Barry_tygrz
Waterboy

Post by Barry_tygrz »

I hope it is a subtle change, they have always had some of the nicest looking uni's in the league.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I was told at work today ,that all that would change on the helmet is a white facemask.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The helmets have had a white facemask the last two years, I think. They were definitely white last year. I've heard recently that there will be some other subtle changes, but the helmets and uniforms should look close to what we're used to. Nothing for the traditionalists, like myself, to worry about.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

I just have a question here are they charging for parking or anything else?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I've been to two passing scrimmages at Jackson this year and they have not charged to park or for admission. The concession stands are usually open, so you would have to pay for that, but that's it.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

To my knowledge, they are not charging for parking as this is just a 7-on-7. They only charge parking for varsity home regular-season games.

Now concessions are a different story.

See you at Alumni Stadium in 18 hours.

I am going over to Alexander for Wellston and Oak Hill's 7-on-7 with Athens, Alexander and not sure who else at 10 a.m. That's in 10 hours so I better get some rest.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Alexander 7 on 7 cancelled.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

the changes to the helmet to my knowledge is the stripe is changing down the middle of the helmet. In the past it used to be two stripes now it is just a single stripe and for the color it is sparkles mixed in with the paint it seems to look a little darker

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

Thanks for the info.See you here in 2 and half hours from now.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Has Chilli solved its QB puzzle yet, or is it still too early to tell?

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Witness Protection.....You have a p.m.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The new helmet looks awesome in my opinion. As JacksonI stated, there's just one solid stripe up the middle of the helmet now. The JI on each side is now outlined in black as well. Definitely a nice looking helmet!

I thought the 7 on 7 went well for the Ironmen. Too many dropped passes and some defensive breakdowns every now and then, but other than that, things seem to be coming along pretty well. Still plenty to work on, but also a lot of postives to build on.

You could certainly pick up on the rise in intensity when Jackson and Chillicothe got together for their game at the end of the scrimmage. Both teams looked good defensively during that series and there was definitely a war of words going on. Can't say that I've ever seen a team start chanting collectively during a passing scrimmage, but I'm sure that will make things even more interesting during the regular season matchup.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

ironman02 is right Jackson didnt look to bad tonight at all, a lot of kids done some incredible things tonight that a lot of people never expected. As ironman02 stated Jackson did dropp the ball a lot but it was not only the receivers fault most of the incomplete passes werent the best thrown balls. Im not to sure which QB looked better tonight Kruize or Landrum. And as far as the Jackson VS Chillicothe game this year its going to be a very physical football game stuff could also get out of hand, i would almost compare Jackson Vs Chillicothe this year to Jackson VS Wellston;It should get very interesting!

Return to “Football”