WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PARKING

smurray
SEOPS HO

WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PARKING

Post by smurray »

WAVERLY FOOTBALL PARKING
Waverly will be charging $2.00 to park at football games.
Proceeds will help offset transportation costs to and from all sporting events and help with facilities maintenance and continuing improvements.
With the addition of the paved and striped "upper lot" there are over 500 lined parking spaces very close to the stadium, including 25 handicap spaces in the front row along the fence (ticket booth). Not a bad parking space out of these 500+ lined spots.

The Flush
Varsity

Re: WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PARKING

Post by The Flush »

Are they charging to park in the lower grass area too?

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Waverly had to use general fund money to finish paying for the turf, completing the field house and entry ways, adding to the visiting bleachers, pay for paving the parking lot, putting in wooden bleachers in both the old gym and junior high gym, paying for a "safety coordinator" who has no teaching credentials and just so happens to have to very athletic sons, all while quite a few classes have 35 + to 1 teacher to student ratios and teachers are limited on school resources to use in their classrooms!

And now Waverly board decides that to offset its costs it will charge to park! Sounds like someone needs to reign in the athletic spending IMO!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Charging to park at a high school sporting event is garbage. Glad burg doesn't do this crap.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Charging to park at a high school sporting event is garbage. Glad burg doesn't do this crap.

Lol BG6, carpool and buy one less hot dog at the game. It is all good, keep some of these local schools to have to implement pay to play. :D

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Abe Froman wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Charging to park at a high school sporting event is garbage. Glad burg doesn't do this crap.

Lol BG6, carpool and buy one less hot dog at the game. It is all good, keep some of these local schools to have to implement pay to play. :D
Well I have 10kids, lol maybe we can all pitch in and buy a bus! Haha. And man, I love hotdogs!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I have no problem paying an extra 2$ to park at any local Friday night football as long as the money goes to the kids. If you do then stay home

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Well good thing I only have to go to the tightwad schools every other year! Lol I love alumni stadium but hate paying to park.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Heck. Maybe burg needs to charge to park, maybe then they will pave the whole lot and add some more bleachers to both sides.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I would gladly pay my 2$ to the kids of Burg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i agree 100%. it's one thing to have to park at ironton since u park on the college lot. but paying to park at waverly and jackson i think is a crock of BS!! that's just IMO but i don't think high schools should charge to park since they have to pay anywhere from 5 to 6 bucks to get in the game. it's bad enough schools over charge for bottles of pepsi/coke or gatorade/powerade

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Heck. Maybe burg needs to charge to park, maybe then they will pave the whole lot and add some more bleachers to both sides.
good one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

I can't believe it. You guys would go to an OSU football game and pay (just guessing) $50 for a ticket. Or a Bengals or Reds game, where the athletes are millionaires and you would pay $3, $5 or $10 bucks to park. And you would pay $6 for a beer and $3 or $4 for a hotdog. And you are griping about $2.00 for a parking pass at a high school game. If they did that at Wheelersburg, would you not still go to the game? Hey, they are just trying to make things a little better for the folks and students in this area.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

If they charged at burg I would park at my house and walk lol.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

In all seriousness I think paying to park for any event is just stupid. I know it's all part of it but it's stupid Nonetheless.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

old benchwarmer wrote:I can't believe it. You guys would go to an OSU football game and pay (just guessing) $50 for a ticket. Or a Bengals or Reds game, where the athletes are millionaires and you would pay $3, $5 or $10 bucks to park. And you would pay $6 for a beer and $3 or $4 for a hotdog. And you are griping about $2.00 for a parking pass at a high school game. If they did that at Wheelersburg, would you not still go to the game? Hey, they are just trying to make things a little better for the folks and students in this area.
Did you not read my post? Waverly has been overspending to build their palace to sports and now to justify it, they are charging to park for 2 reasons, 1 so they can charge when they host tourneys and 2 because they have overspent for upgrades. They paid to add on to visitors bleachers! This isn't for the kids, it's to cover their overspending! If I were a taxpayer in their district I would be screaming, they have too many kids per teachers in their classrooms, but baby that stadium looks great! Especially for a 30% winning percentage the last 10 years!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I agree with paying for parking is complete BS.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

You don't have to pay for parking at Waverly or at Jackson. There's plenty of places to park and walk yourself on into the game. For Waverly there's places along the streets to park where you'd actually be walking a shorter distance then parking in the lot. For Jackson, you can park down below the hill and walk your butt up it to save yourself the 2 dollars. Complain all you want about charging to park, in the end it is simply your choice as to whether or not you want to pay or not. You're not locked out from this event if you park where you don't have to pay they'll still let you in the gate I promise. You guys can keep complaining about it because well that's what a forum is for but just wanted to let you know you don't have to pay at all so this subject is basically a mute point. Everyone band together and don't park in those areas where you have to pay teach them a lesson.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

greygoose wrote:You don't have to pay for parking at Waverly or at Jackson. There's plenty of places to park and walk yourself on into the game. For Waverly there's places along the streets to park where you'd actually be walking a shorter distance then parking in the lot. For Jackson, you can park down below the hill and walk your butt up it to save yourself the 2 dollars. Complain all you want about charging to park, in the end it is simply your choice as to whether or not you want to pay or not. You're not locked out from this event if you park where you don't have to pay they'll still let you in the gate I promise. You guys can keep complaining about it because well that's what a forum is for but just wanted to let you know you don't have to pay at all so this subject is basically a mute point. Everyone band together and don't park in those areas where you have to pay teach them a lesson.
The only street parking that is closer than the parking lot at Waverly is on the south side by the church off of 2nd st and mullins. The back gate that was near 5th st has been closed for years.

Waverly just hired a guy to be their "safety coordinator", he has no teaching credentials, getting paid well above starting teaching salary, and they gave him the jr hi AD and jr hi football, which were held by a long time teacher in their district. This new guy just so happens to have 2 very good sons who play football! That is where my beef is, why should I pay to support their bad habits.

You have teachers in their district with 35 + kids, who are rationed paper to use in their classrooms!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I can not believe all the CHEAP A??? If the monies are used for athletics improvement such as turf replacement or equipment I would be willing to pay $2.00 to park! This is why we are refer too as radical southeastern Ohio crackers!

Return to “Football”