athens county football fest

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

athens county football fest

Post by Teufelhunden »

107.7 WSEO, Donato's Pizza, Wendy's, and C & J Tax Service is sponsoring Athens County Football Fest 2009

Where: Boston Field

When: Saturday August 15th at 6:00

We are organizing this event to be a family oriented atmosphere. We are hoping to get all the communities to come out and show their support for their teams in the upcoming season. We will be having events for the players to participate in so the fans can cheer them on.

We will be doing a live broadcast during the event with interviews of the coaches and players from all 5 county teams. C& J Tax Service has purchased 50 T-shirts that we will be giving away. No admission charge so come on out and show your support for Athens County Football.

broncofan09
Varsity

Re: athens county football fest

Post by broncofan09 »

Explain this even a little bit better. What time does it start. What there going to have. and what time do you think it will be over.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

I have a meeting with the coaches this weekend and we will finalize plans as to what the evening will look like at that time. We are planning to have events for the players to participate in.

We will start at 6:00 and I will have each team on the air in intervals. We will have trivia for the fans to see if they can win a T-shirt. We are not setting a time for it to end, it will be over when we are done but my guess would be around 9:30 or 10:00. I'm just hoping we can get all the fans to come out.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

ATHENS COUNTY needed to do this long ago.GO BUCKEYES

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

teufelhunden wrote:I have a meeting with the coaches this weekend and we will finalize plans as to what the evening will look like at that time. We are planning to have events for the players to participate in.

We will start at 6:00 and I will have each team on the air in intervals. We will have trivia for the fans to see if they can win a T-shirt. We are not setting a time for it to end, it will be over when we are done but my guess would be around 9:30 or 10:00. I'm just hoping we can get all the fans to come out.

What do you mean by this? are you talking like punt, pass, and kick.? Skills challenges?

Is this in conjunction with the Jamboree?

I would like to present this to Washington County Football. Great idea to bring the county together.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

At this time I am not sure as to what the events will look like. Once again, we have a meeting this weekend and these things will be decided then. We have a good committee of people and I don't want to make any decisions without the blessing of the whole group. However, I am thinking that we will have some type of skills challenge for the players to participate in.

It is not in conjunction with the jamboree. This is our first attempt at this and we want to try and keep it simple the first time out.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

what about the coaches? I would love to see coach phil run the 40

the Kool-Aid Man
Freshman Team

Post by the Kool-Aid Man »

I dont think a skills event is a good idea. That all a coach needs is for a player to roll an ankle 2 weeks before the season starts. If a player rolls it it practice thats a different story. This event is not a bad idea, but u are cutting into our fish fry. We will listen on the radio and give u support that way. GO CATS

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

This event will also take place on the last day of the fair, so i hope that dont hurt the numbers of players and fans that could be their... not sure whats going on that night up their. but i dont think all the players will show because of the fair.. this is a great event though go bucks

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

buckeyeguy wrote:This event will also take place on the last day of the fair, so i hope that dont hurt the numbers of players and fans that could be their... not sure whats going on that night up their. but i dont think all the players will show because of the fair.. this is a great event though go bucks

They will if there coaches tell them to!!!!!!!

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Amen orange and brown, part of the team mindset is doing it together, whatever it may be.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

visit us on the web at www.sultanofsmack.com

we have links to all pertinent football websites, all school websites and schedules

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

that is 1 bunch of ugly dudes in that firts picture.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

The final planning meeting for the event is tomorrow. I will post some more info after the meeting.

Whompascat, I can't argue with your assessment

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Ugly??? Perhaps.....

Frightening??? Most definitely!!!!!!!

Nice website SOS, looks good.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Steely, I sent you a PM, let me know what you think.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Affirmative. Will be my pleasure to help.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

I would like to thank all the coaches for their help in organizing this. Also Jim and Stephanie Harris and Mike Bishop.

Here is what we have planned. We decided that we are hopefully going to make this a yearly event and rotate hosting among the 5 county schools. Hopefully when it is your turn to host your athletic boosters can make a little money on it. The schedule looks like this.

6:00 Spaghetti eating contest, each high school team will enter one participant. I will test my radio broadcasting abilities by doing the play by play live on the air.

6:30 Coach Faires and the Trimble Tomcats will be live on the air with me. C and J Tax Service is providing 10 Sultan of Smack shirts to be given out to fans of each school during their school's time on the air. The trivia will be school specific for each school and the shirts are in school colors (50 total shirts to give out). There will be a stage and other teams, coaches and fans can gather around to hear what is going on with the team on the stage.

During this same time the Nelsonville-York Athletic Boosters will be putting on a punt, pass and kick competition for grades 5-8. Each school will have 2 representatives per grade and Donato's will be providing all participants with a free pizza certificate.

Fans will have the choice of standing around the stage and listening to the radio broadcast or watching the youngsters compete in pass, punt and kick.

Each team will probably be on for 30 to 40 minutes and Athens will follow Trimble between 7:05 and 7:15

Alexander is next
Federal Hocking
Nelsonville-York.

We will also be taking breaks now and then. Bret Swart and the Sultan of Smack Band will be performing their new hit Football Friday Night.

Hopefully everyone can come out and have a good time, listen on 107.7 if you can't be there.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Sounds like a good time!!!!!

Can't wait until the 15th!!!!

GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”