Jackson Ironmen

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Jackson Ironmen

Post by jacksonoaks »

I keep hearing talk about the new uniforms and helmets, does anybody have photos of either of them?

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Jackson Ironmen

Post by ironman02 »

I don't have any pictures, but I saw the helmet at the auction that was held after the last 7-on-7. The helmet seems to be a darker shade of red this year with a white facemask. It has one solid white stripe up the middle, rather than the double stripes of previous years. There is a white JI logo on each side of the helmet. The JI has a black outline. I really like the helmet design a lot...very nice in my opinion.

I haven't seen the new uniforms, but I've been told that they're pretty similar to Utah's. That would mean that there's a black outline around the numbers, which is a change from last year. I'm not sure if there is a "JACKSON" or "IRONMEN" across the front like last year, which is something that I really liked.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

New uni's, new helmet design, new offense, new defense, different results? We'll see. I guess you could say that the coach Hall era has begun in Jackson.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

What time is the Jackson-Meigs scrimmage this Saturday?

I have heard both 10am and 11am, so I wanted to make sure. Anyone know?

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

ironman02.....The Meigs scrimmage is at 10 a.m. Saturday.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Thanks!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Checked out the scrimmage this morning at Alumni Stadium. Jackson and Meigs looked to be pretty even today. Both teams got a chance to have two 10 play series before going down and distance for two quarters. The Ironmen scored twice offensively. The first score came on a nice overall drive that was capped off by an Eric Landrum TD run. The second TD was on a long pass from Landrum to Ty McNelly. Meigs put together a nice, sustained drive for their only offensive score, but they also picked off a pass that certainly would have been a pick six had it not been blown dead. Overall, I'd call it a 2-2 tie.

From a Jackson standpoint, there is a lot to work on between now and next Friday at Wheelersburg. The Ironmen were able to move the ball, but there were a couple fumbles and a couple dropped passes that could have been TDs. Those mistakes have to stop. The offensive line looked okay at times today, but they're definitely not where they need to be. Still a couple weeks to get that going though. Defensively, Jackson looked a bit shaky. They didn't stop the run that well and Meigs killed them with the short and intermediate passing game. I would expect to see less of a cushion by the DBs in the future, but we'll see what happens.

Meigs looks like they should have a pretty good football team. I would certainly call them a contender in the TVC. I was VERY impressed by their RB #3. He has great speed and he can put his head down and get the tough yards as well. Good luck to the Marauders this season. I think they'll have a great year!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

By the way, can anyone tell me what happened during the reserve/freshman portion of the scrimmage? I left after the varsity finished up.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not sure but it sure was hot.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Sure was. That's why I got out of there early.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

It was HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT out there on the turf today! Field temp was easily over 110 degrees.

Though it was nice to stand — at times — in front of that fan which blows the mist on a day like today!

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

The reserve/freshmen portion of the scrimmage went ok. The offense looked pretty good at times, moving the ball on the ground fairly well. The defense did not look very good yet, but I don't believe they have worked together as a unit very much. I think once they work together a little more, they will be ok.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Thanks wolfman. Hope that the freshmen have a great year.

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

who do you scrimmage this week?
also good luck in the season this year

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

The Ironmen scrimmage at Wheelersburg Fri 8/22 @ 6:00 pm

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

I thought the offensive line did a good job staying with blocks and giving the quarterbacks plenty of time. The defensive line looked good in the middle. Our D backs need to tighten up but on the other hand it may just be them getting used to and comfortable playing what looked to be zone.The 2 quarterbacks are different in style and both struggled a little with timing in the beginning but by the midpoint the passes were on. The receiving was not what we would hope. I will say that both quarterbacks can take off when they need to and they both looked pretty good. This week at Wheelersburg will tell us alot I believe.
As far as the freshman goes I don't think that Meigs had their freshman there and it was basically their JV team. We did put some JV in for awhile to but for the most part it was freshman. Really hard to say where we stand with both freshman and jv.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Just in case anyone hasn't heard, tomorrow's scrimmage has been moved to Jackson. The Ironmen will host Wheelersburg at 6PM.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. The Burg always gives us a good look and certainly shows us our strengths and weaknesses.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Does anyone have the 7th grade, 8th grade, and freshman schedules for the Ironmen?

Barry_tygrz
Waterboy

Post by Barry_tygrz »

any pictures of the uni's or helmet yet?

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

why change the colors , how long will it take for Coach Hall to pick up a flag for being half way out on the field telling the QB what play to run. I hope Hall does well in Jackson because the facilities there are first class and Jack town deserves a winner. Was there last undefeated team really back in the fifties. ?

Return to “Football”