WK 1: South Gallia @ Waterford

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

WK 1: South Gallia @ Waterford

Post by friday_nite_fan »

What are everyone's thoughts on this one? Waterford handled SG last year but the Rebels have basically everyone back with another years experience under their belts, plus a couple more horses in the lineup. I don't know what all Waterford has back from last year. The Rebels could benefit tremendously if Justin Northup is available for this game though, he was definitely missed in the River Valley jamboree. Either way I see SG winning this one and starting the season on the good side of the win/loss column.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: Week 1: South Gallia @ Waterford

Post by BBallin fool »

GOOD LUCK SG!!!

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

I think the Rebels will pick up the W in this one and start the year off on the right note. We have really improved over the year and you can tell that the boys have been working hard in the weight room. It showed last Saturday against RV.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Anyone have any info on Waterford? What do they return? I heard they have a new head coach.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

watertown should be better than they were last year.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

I only saw Waterford at the RV game last year they were very young!! But you could see they are very well coached andthey were physical but perhaps a year away.
This should be a good one (Waterford by 8points) they are usually pretty deep.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Should be a good game. I think the Rebels line will control the front and the Rebels will pull this one out by a couple TD's. If we work a few of the kinks out of the D, it will be tough.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

South Gallia should win this one!!!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

I heard the Rebels have a new young man on the team that is a monster... The O and D lines should be very good this season, especially if Northup is back next week as expected.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This will be a league game starting next year!

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

south gallia is a much improved football team from last year....the rebels get rid of the first game jitters and come home with a win

south gallia 26

waterford 12

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

I see the fake "monster" is at it again. I heard about the new player as well. Hopefully he contributes. This should be an interesting game. I say Rebels by a touchdown. Game will be won or lost in turnover column.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

mercerville monster wrote:I think the Rebels will pick up the W in this one and start the year off on the right note. We have really improved over the year and you can tell that the boys have been working hard in the weight room. It showed last Saturday against RV.
mercerville monster wrote:Anyone have any info on Waterford? What do they return? I heard they have a new head coach.

What are you going by on your prediction? If you know nothing about Waterford.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: WK 1: South Gallia @ Waterford

Post by BBallin fool »

Waterford has a "good ball club" and will come to play. GO SG!!!

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

Anyone know how Waterford's varsity did against Alexander in their Jamboree Game and what the final score was?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Alex beat Waterford in the jamboree 21-14.Waterford lost the core of its team.They lost QB Matt McCutcheon FB Eichcorn WR Cody Hall LB/RB Mike Fulton and TB/QB Cody Strahler.They return alot of linemen and are really young this season.They will be down this year.Should be good next season.RB/QB Levi McCutcheon is a talent.FB Levi Porter sophmore is the best player on the team.TB/QB Matt West is a sleeper.They have some big boys on the line.Joey Mills 6-4 320.They might run some wildcat and run 3 QBS West,McCutcheon,and Trevor Lang.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

mercervillemonster wrote:After winnning the Gallia County championship last week, the playoffs seem to be our destiny. It was sure fun putting that whupping on those dolts from RV.

South Gallia 56
Waterford 0

As has been the case since the 50's Brains is not a requirement to live in the southern part of Gallia County!
Also perhaps if you score on everyones JV like you did at RV,(failing to score on the Varsity) you could make the JV playoffs!
Last edited by ole_Bobcat on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

As has been the case since the 50's Brians is not a requirement to live in the southern part of Gallia County!

I know a few Brians that live in the southern part of the county, not any in Mercerville though. If you meant brains, try to show more of it when you post about other people and their intelligence. And please learn the difference between mercerville monster and mercervillemonster. Shouldnt be that hard if someone without a Brian can do it.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

I heard the Rebels have a new young man on the team that is a monster

I heard around 6'6" about 310 pounds but you know how you hear things. I also heard 6'6" 280 which sounds a little more realistic.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

6'6'' 280 is still a very big boy. . . all the 280 means is that he'll be able to move better.

Return to “Football”