Rock Hill over Symmes Valley 12-0

mattash
Site Admin

Rock Hill over Symmes Valley 12-0

Post by mattash »

Was a good game. Symmes Valley had some great drives but fumbled the ball away. As far as numbers Rock Hill looked to have 45-50 and Symmes Valley around 25. I liked the Vikings offense with a great mix of pass, old school run up the middle and option. Should be a good year for them. #1 for the Vikings looked to a be a quick back something they have not had for a couple years. Rock Hill had a really good qb with a couple good receivers.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Rock Hill over Symmes Valley 12-0

Post by mattash »

Pictures by Kent Sanborn to come.

OVCfan
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan »

Couple of players that stood out to me...

For Symmes Valley... #29 (Eastham ??) and the #3. Both showed some good speed and power. I look for both to have a really good season.

For Rock Hill.... #14 Lewis ran really hard inside. He has really developed as a running back from last year to this year. Defensively, I was impressed with the play of Davenport (#12). He played really well in space.

Bleachrbum
Freshman Team

Post by Bleachrbum »

Symmes # 3 ?? I'm sure he's a great kid I just didn"t remember him running...... in the Varsity part of the game I remember #1, # 2, #8(qb),#22,and #29 . #44 had some good blocks and tackles, #13 nice tackles and blocks and the line opened some nice holes.

Rock Hill... I agree Lewis was impressive as was Davenport and of course the QB... Harper ran well in the 2d half

dartonrh
Waterboy

Post by dartonrh »

how was the o-line of rockhill??

OVCfan
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan »

I thought the OLine was also improved. The funny thing about RH was, I noticed that everytime a player stuck out to me and I asked what grade he was in it seemed that the common response was "Sophomore" or "Junior". They are still a young bunch.

Sorry about the Quote on #3.... I meant to refer to #2.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Glad to hear both teams did well; I'm a fan of both programs. Hopefully both teams will do well this year. I'm anticipating a playoff run for the Vikings this year and I'm hoping Lawrence County will be able to squeeze three teams into the playoffs this year in three separate regions (Ironton, Coal Grove, Symmes Valley).

Return to “Football”