MEIGS VS. GALLIA

meigs_62_189
Freshman Team

MEIGS VS. GALLIA

Post by meigs_62_189 »

even though this is just a jamboree game what are your guy's thoughts just for the heck of it

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: MEIGS VS. GALLIA

Post by jottings »

Once the Blue Devils learn all their new assignments, learn to wrapup on tackles, and tighten up their pass defense, they should be OK.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

this jamboree stuff is overrated. the only difference from a scrimmage is coaches arent on the field and they play 4 12 minute qtrs. some dont kick off some dead punts. just about everyone gets in the game. i dont think you are getting a varsity type game out of this. a money maker is all it is :mrgreen:

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I heard the state gets some of the money.

Meigscountyfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Meigscountyfootballfan »

When is this supposed to occur and where? Will it be at the old field in town or at the new high school?

earp
S

Post by earp »

Where is the Meigs vs Trimble scrimmage?Is it at Meigs or at Trimble?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Game will be on Gallia Academy's Memorial field Friday, Aug. 21, starting at 7 p.m. It will be a benefit game. Admission is $5.00.

Everything will be live like in real games with the exception of punt returns.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Same field Gallia has played on in the past. Down over the hill on 4th ave. There's no field at the new school.

Can anyone from Meigs help me with Ron Logan's mailing address. Theres 2 listed in the phone book. I need to send him a invitation to GAHS class of 74 reunion. Were inviting all of our former teachers. Plz send me a personal message if anyone knows his address. THXS!!!!

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H
Riding the Bench

Post by THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H »

means a lot to meigs. not just a scrimmage in our minds.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

It should mean a lot to both sides with the regular season opener just over a week away. It's probably the last chance for some kids to make a big impression on the coaching staffs before the coaches settle on starting roster spots for Week 1.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H wrote:means a lot to meigs. not just a scrimmage in our minds.

Just like" Woody" used to say "when you get into the endzone act like you been there before" Don't let everyone know you think your an underdog!
Most generally if this happens your beat before the ball is kicked off!

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

The field has everything painted on it. Getting closer to FB season!!! Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

looked at the field last night thought it looked in good shape but there are a bunch of games to be played there this year first game played in the rain and it will be a mess

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H
Riding the Bench

Post by THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H »

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H wrote:
means a lot to meigs. not just a scrimmage in our minds.

"Just like" Woody" used to say "when you get into the endzone act like you been there before" Don't let everyone know you think your an underdog!
Most generally if this happens your beat before the ball is kicked off!"

i don't know how you think that means we think we are the underdog but believe me WE DON'T!

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

who won?????

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I left after 2 quarters it was:. Varsity Meigs 21 Gallia 7... The reserves took over to start the 3qtr. Gallia defense NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. The d backs were beat all night long. Gallia was their own worse enemy on offense throwing a pick and then losing the ball on a fumble. The running game looked good tonight. One good thing I saw on defense was their pursuit. There was a few times the cut back got them.

As far as both teams go they both need to improve on the defensive side of the ball or its going to be a very long season for both of them.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallia JVs won second half, 16-0.

Varstiy still needs tons of work on offense and pass defense.

Tackling was better this week than the Portsmouth West scrimmage last week. Blockers still lots of work.

Veteran Meigs stat man Jimmer Soulsby will have team stats later this evening.

No individual stats were available because of number changes by both teams.

Gallipolis will host Athens Aug. 28 in a non-league and opening season game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

GAHS7462 wrote:I left after 2 quarters it was:. Varsity Meigs 21 Gallia 7... The reserves took over to start the 3qtr. Gallia defense NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. The d backs were beat all night long. Gallia was their own worse enemy on offense throwing a pick and then losing the ball on a fumble. The running game looked good tonight. One good thing I saw on defense was their pursuit. There was a few times the cut back got them.

As far as both teams go they both need to improve on the defensive side of the ball or its going to be a very long season for both of them.

I agree on the defenses. Haven't seen either team scrimmage or practice this year since I live in C-bus and come back around about twice a year to see them play but I thought coming into this year that Gallipolis would have some growing pains with a new coach and system but Meigs will have to come up with a defense and special teams play to match their offense if they are to make the playoffs for the second year in a row . The playoff game at New Lex last year should have been a wakeup call for the defense and coaching staff. An offense can win games against average teams but can only carry so much of the load against quality teams (i.e. - New Lex, N-Y last year). I hope for the best but I think they'll give up a lot of points this year.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

Meigs won the varsity portion of the scrimmage easily. They couldn't run the ball consistently and not inside at all, but the outside running game paid some dividends and it looked like they could have thrown the ball at will. Most of the completions, including a couple long TDs were to wide open receivers. The Meigs QB looked very impressive throwing the ball. Their primary running back, 26 I think, made some nice moves in the open field and had a nice night yardage wise to offset the lack of success between the tackles.

GAHS controlled the game between the tackles on both sides of the ball. They ran the ball consistently well getting excellent push all night. A fumble and an interception deep in their territory cost them or the varsity portion would have been a lot closer. The QB made a couple of very nice scrambles and made big gains on excellent individual efforts.

The JV portion of the scrimmage was no contest. GAHS dominated in all aspects of the contest. Says great things about the depth and future for GAHS.

Return to “Football”