Post by EastBeast06 »

any updates?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: minford vs. east updates?

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford 42

East 6

East looked good their first posession then the Minford running game took off and the defense tightened up and Minford looked good the rest of the game. The Garrett twins looked good for East and McCormick looked really good for Minford

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East still has some things to work on... but overall I liked what I seen. At the half East was only down 15....which is where I wanted to be with all Minford had returning. The rest of Minfords scores came when the starters for both teams were taken out and the JV players were put in for both teams. So even though the score looks lopsided I don't think it really was as bad as it looked.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

were there any injuries for either team?

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

East started well and was able to exploit Minford's secondary, which needs some work. After that, Minford did what was expected and drove the ball down East's throat as there was a decided size and strength advantage. Minford had some STUPID penalties that cost a couple of TDs or it could have easily been 35-6 at the half. Minford came out healthy but I think East had a few kids banged up. I hope #32 is ok as he was taken away by ambulance. Good luck to East this year.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

East had a nice QB in #12, I think that kid can really play, and that was a nice hurdle move and display of athleticism by #2? I think. Any update on the young man who was tooken off in the ambulance? As far as the game the falcons are still working to improve the pass defense, but I think Daniels and Co. will have that tooken care of by the time we get into the meat of our schedule. Penalties, and defensive errors are all things that will come together IMO. I expect East to battle it out with Oak Hill for the soc I. I don't know if NW will be able to defend that spread.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

I heard hes fine. Looks like another great year for Scioto county football, I think we will dominate neighboring counties again this year..

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

East had some key players out with minor injuries such as Blair and Rawlins who i believe was an All State player last year so I think they will be fine this year. Hopefully they are fully healthy for Thursday. Minford will be tough for anyone they play to beat this year so its gonna be a great year in the SOC.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

If I counted it right East had 9 players out lastnight, with some being key players. I was really impressed with how Justin Craiger played lastnight, especially on defense...with how he played and hit people last night he worked himself into a lot of playing time if he keeps it up the whole year and is able to stay healthy.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Are any of those injuries serious that could keep them out week 1?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I am not real sure, hopefully not and East will be at full strength when thursday comes to face the Mohawks

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

is Minfords starting running back ready to go yet?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

biggdowgg wrote:is Minfords starting running back ready to go yet?

yes. He probably had 100 yards or close to it the first half

Return to “Football”