SEOPS Hippo

Re: Someone HAS to win...Chillicothe at Portsmouth

Post by noreply66 »

Portsmouth in OT

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I'll take Chillicothe, if they would cut out the mental errors they could be pretty good. Chilli has some nice atheletes that are lacking in confidence at this point, when they get their first win look for them to compete hard with the rest of their schedule.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

ill take chilli but not by much

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I hope Portsmouth wins....it would be nice to get some points from them

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Portsmouth turns the ball over, turns the ball over , turns the ball over...or they have a shot at a win!

Archie
Waterboy

Post by Archie »

Where are all the Portsmouth faithful? tick.....tick....tick....

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Chillicothe's Cavaliers sounds a lot like Portsmouth's Trojans........a team with talent whose mistakes either of the physical or mental variety has kept them winless thus far.

I will say the same thing yet another week...........if the Trojans can cut out the turnovers, they have enough talent to win this game!!

GO TROJANS!!

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

:122246 From the Chillicothe Gazette
CHILLICOTHE -- The Chillicothe Cavaliers entered this football season knowing they would have to rely on plenty of younger players on the varsity roster.

That need, coupled with injuries that have resulted in more junior varsity players than expected being needed to play minutes at the varsity level, has resulted in the cancellation of the remainder of the junior varsity schedule this year.

"The games will be canceled due to the current high number of injuries, a small number of junior players and the need to play an unexpected number of sophomores at the varsity level," said athletic director Garin Veris in a statement released this morning. "We feel it is in the best interest for the safety of our student-athletes to cancel the remaining junior varsity games."

Veris said it's very uncommon for so many sophomores to have to play significant minutes at the varsity level and that the current number of healthy players who play the demanding offensive and defensive line positions is becoming very low.

The move does not affect the freshman football squad, and since the freshmen on the junior varsity will be able to play in freshmen games, additional games at that level are being pursued.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hopsing

we had to cancel some jr varsity games last year or the year before for the same reason.....

GO Blue 54
Waterboy

Post by GO Blue 54 »

Ptown has to have Talent....Is it Time for a Coachin Change??? They have to much talent and to nice of a stadium to be losing.. something has to give!!!!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

What's up to my P-Town peeps...long time no talk and see...my prediction on the game,ill give it during basketball season...LOL Go Cavs!

Black&Orange23
Waterboy

Post by Black&Orange23 »

noles_fan wrote:I hope Portsmouth wins....it would be nice to get some points from them
My point exactly. we dropped from 4th to 7th because the teams we have played through week 4 have lost.

Black&Orange23
Waterboy

Post by Black&Orange23 »

I feel portsmouth is a VERY talented team that just have to fine their stroke. once they find there stroak i feel they will keep winning. but they better find it soon. if they can win this week i feel that will give them the confidence and the leaders will step it up and they culd be a TUFF team if they would get a TEAM effort.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Hopsing wrote::122246 From the Chillicothe Gazette
CHILLICOTHE -- The Chillicothe Cavaliers entered this football season knowing they would have to rely on plenty of younger players on the varsity roster.

That need, coupled with injuries that have resulted in more junior varsity players than expected being needed to play minutes at the varsity level, has resulted in the cancellation of the remainder of the junior varsity schedule this year.

"The games will be canceled due to the current high number of injuries, a small number of junior players and the need to play an unexpected number of sophomores at the varsity level," said athletic director Garin Veris in a statement released this morning. "We feel it is in the best interest for the safety of our student-athletes to cancel the remaining junior varsity games."

Veris said it's very uncommon for so many sophomores to have to play significant minutes at the varsity level and that the current number of healthy players who play the demanding offensive and defensive line positions is becoming very low.

The move does not affect the freshman football squad, and since the freshmen on the junior varsity will be able to play in freshmen games, additional games at that level are being pursued.

The Athletic Director, Garin Veris is a former Cavalier and a former NFL player with the Patriots. I know Mr. Varis and his mom and dad from 15 years back when I use to have a heating & cooling company in Chillicothe. Great people! His mom could make one mean sweet-potato pie!

Anyway, Chillicothe has the right ingredients for success. I watched them scrimmage Wheelersburg and Burg beat them 3-0. They have a quick physical nose-gaurd and a young quarterback who has a strong arm and some wheels too!

Now... before I go any further! I am not a Trojan fan at all! Absolutely, can't stand Portsmouth! Nothing against any kids! Clifford's an idiot! Why he is even coaching anywhere is beyond me! He may be a good person and all but, what I've seen for the last decade or so; the man thinks he is a coaching god! And, believe me he is not! And, the people around him think the same as well; they just are afraid to voice it. Watch! Before the seasons over he will blame anything and everything for the reasons of having a bad season. But, not himself!

This will be a close game! Maybe, one of the better games to watch! Chillicothe 21 Portsmouth 13. Cliffords playcalling loses this one again. And, he doesn't take the time in practice to develop a place kicker. Hence, the missed extra-point!

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan1995 »

THE CAVS ARE STARVIN FOR A WIN

CAVS 35
TROJANS 14

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

GO Blue 54 wrote:Ptown has to have Talent....Is it Time for a Coachin Change??? They have to much talent and to nice of a stadium to be losing.. something has to give!!!!
never saw a stadium win one darn game ask the bengals about that one

Archie
Waterboy

Post by Archie »

Axe N Shield wrote:
Hopsing wrote::122246 From the Chillicothe Gazette

The Athletic Director, Garin Veris is a former Cavalier and a former NFL player with the Patriots. I know Mr. Varis and his mom and dad from 15 years back when I use to have a heating & cooling company in Chillicothe. Great people! His mom could make one mean sweet-potato pie!

Anyway, Chillicothe has the right ingredients for success. I watched them scrimmage Wheelersburg and Burg beat them 3-0. They have a quick physical nose-gaurd and a young quarterback who has a strong arm and some wheels too!

Now... before I go any further! I am not a Trojan fan at all! Absolutely, can't stand Portsmouth! Nothing against any kids! Clifford's an idiot! Why he is even coaching anywhere is beyond me! He may be a good person and all but, what I've seen for the last decade or so; the man thinks he is a coaching god! And, believe me he is not! And, the people around him think the same as well; they just are afraid to voice it. Watch! Before the seasons over he will blame anything and everything for the reasons of having a bad season. But, not himself!

This will be a close game! Maybe, one of the better games to watch! Chillicothe 21 Portsmouth 13. Cliffords playcalling loses this one again. And, he doesn't take the time in practice to develop a place kicker. Hence, the missed extra-point!
Tell it like it is!!!!!

Return to “Football”