Week 2 0-1 Gallia Academy @ 1-0 Hillsboro

GAHS7462
All Conference

Week 2 0-1 Gallia Academy @ 1-0 Hillsboro

Post by GAHS7462 »

Gallia has a LOT of work to do for this game. Due to a class reunion I won't be able to make this game.
What do we know about Hillsboro except that Coach Spicer(Marietta,Alliance Marlington)is the coach.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Re: Week 2 Gallia Academy at Hillsboro

Post by GAHS7462 »

I feel Gallia is alot better than they have played. Need to cut down on the penalties.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Hillsboro beat Western Brown who was 10-0 last year. Not sure what WB lost to graduation though.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Hillsboro should win this one pretty easily.
Good luck to Gallia, though!

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I am not 100% but didn't Hillsboro go 2-8 last year? If Gallia doesn't learn to shake the nervous bug and get rid of the penalties then Hillsboro will win easily...I have talked to a few people who think that if we can play ball the way Coach Eddy knows we can, We don't beat ourselves with penalties, and if Moore can hit his targets we have a chance. But we can't quit on our boys yet... They are still trying to learn a new system and have a few bugs to work out. It will all come together...Look at it this way....We went from the spread to the Wing-T which is like going from one extreme to the other so give them some time....

radioman
Freshman Team

Post by radioman »

the blue devils will regroup, and steadily improve. i like the academy in this one.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Hillsboro pulled the upset against a Western Brown team that went 10-0 last year.

bubbafan
Waterboy

Post by bubbafan »

LDF, it would probably help if he had time to see his targets. I believe he was hit on all but about 2 pass attempts and his time to look and set was very limited.

GAHS83
JV Team

Re: Week 2 0-1 Gallia Academy @ 1-0 Hillsboro

Post by GAHS83 »

Bubba, excellent point. The QB had absolutely zero time to throw the ball. That confuses me because the run blocking was actually pretty good. GAHS was able to consistently run the ball. Why were we trying to throw as much as we did? Between the pass plays called that went absolutely nowhere, the penalties time after time after time and the turnovers deep in both ends, GAHS practically gave the game away. I saw someone list the stats as GAHS only having 8 penalties. Man, it seemed like at least twice that many.

The game was actually much closer than the final score IMO. Athens deserves alot of credit for playing hard and capitalizing on those mistakes, but if GAHS could eliminate the penalties and turnovers and be a bit more conservative with the play-calling, running the ball a bit more, the score might have been much closer.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Totally agree!

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Not a whole lot of talking going on with this forum. Maybe everyone getting ready to watch the LL World Series!!!!!
I know I am. Its an August tradition with me.....
Go USA!!!!aka California aka Chula Vista CA....

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

the system equalizer is to go out and make plays. :mrgreen:

i just cants seem to muster one back running for a hole without a lead blocker! maybe time has passed me by :idea:

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

GAHS83 wrote:Bubba, excellent point. The QB had absolutely zero time to throw the ball. That confuses me because the run blocking was actually pretty good. GAHS was able to consistently run the ball. Why were we trying to throw as much as we did? Between the pass plays called that went absolutely nowhere, the penalties time after time after time and the turnovers deep in both ends, GAHS practically gave the game away. I saw someone list the stats as GAHS only having 8 penalties. Man, it seemed like at least twice that many.

The game was actually much closer than the final score IMO. Athens deserves alot of credit for playing hard and capitalizing on those mistakes, but if GAHS could eliminate the penalties and turnovers and be a bit more conservative with the play-calling, running the ball a bit more, the score might have been much closer.

There were quite a few plays were he was in the open and missed wide open recievers by over throwing them.... That being said yes he was under alot of pressure. But he still had opportunities. It till baffles me how the could open holes for the running game and not pass protect....This team is a work in progress... We will see improvements next game....

bubbafan
Waterboy

Post by bubbafan »

ldf, not to start a debate but only two balls we overthrown and the first one the receiver stopped running and the same play later he did overthrow the ball. I think it is unfair to place blame on the qb's for lack of passing game when it takes a line, receivers knowing and running the correct routes and the QB then picking and hitting the correct receiver.

As for the running game a number of the successful runs were due to deep penetration and the backs making good reads and cuts. I think you will see a different team on Friday.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Blue Devils!

meyetigers
Waterboy

Post by meyetigers »

CONGRATS TO COACH SPICER ON WK #1 WIN AND WELCOME BACK TO SE OHIO.

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

91blue14 wrote:the system equalizer is to go out and make plays. :mrgreen:

i just cants seem to muster one back running for a hole without a lead blocker! maybe time has passed me by :idea:

GAHS has been doing that the last 4 or 5 years 91 , who was you watching during that time ?

The wing T has many different blocking schemes , and does use a lead back as a blocker .

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

I thought we looked pretty good the passing game was a little sub par but the running game looked good. take away a few penalties and a fumble and we are in the game . we all knew it would take time to get things rolling I still think there are a few kids out of place but once these boys get rolling there are going to be hard to stop

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Our old Buddy Spicer, Has he ever beaten a GAHS team?? Just remember..... "Pound the Rock"

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Thanks 4ever, I did not think he coached at Marietta last year... but I stand corrected......... Hope you are feeling better and hopefully I will see you at the next home game...

Return to “Football”