Jackson vs. Wellston...

WaitTillNextYear
Waterboy

Jackson vs. Wellston...

Post by WaitTillNextYear »

Can I get a little help with updates? No way to listen in NE Ohio. Not to mention the Browns QB battle should be decided tonight...Not to mention a little game between Cleveland Glenville and Cleveland St Ignatius tonight, (3 possible Buckeyes playing in that contest). Any help would be great! ;-)

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: Jackson vs. Wellston...

Post by BBallin fool »

7-0 Jackson UP, 7:00 to go 2nd QT!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

7-7 HALF

WaitTillNextYear
Waterboy

Thanx BBallin, got a couple ends at the game but they're way slow, and blinded by those JCVeals...
Keep em' comin' during the 2nd half!!! :12224

Shapin' up to be a great game...Wish I was there...

WaitTillNextYear
Waterboy

By the way...For anyone that has STO, Glenville/St. Ignatius will be on at 11:00pm. Set those DVR's. :122245

mom#1
Waterboy

Post by mom#1 »

Any updates???

WaitTillNextYear
Waterboy

I wish, my ends have gone dark...No idea what's going on.
Last edited by WaitTillNextYear on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

21-7 Jackson now

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

21-7 Jackson Wins

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Details?? Congrats Ironmen, the STREAK continues.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

21-7

An absolutely huge crowd.

Wandling had a couple of long completions and Aurthur ran great to seal the game.

Wellston drove right down the field to end the half and Jackson made some good adjustments at the half.

Other than the 2nd qtr (must've been about 7 penalties against Jackson....including a long pass for TD called back) Jackson was pretty solid and did what they had to do to win.

Good Luck to Wellston......their crowd was pretty fired up.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The Coach Hall era begins with a win!

I thought the transition to a more balanced offense might take some time for Jackson, but they really seem to be progressing nicely. The PENALTIES were the killer for the Ironmen tonight. If they can cut those out, they may be in good shape. Defensively, Jackson was outstanding with the exception of Wellston's TD drive right before halftime. I believe I heard that the Ironmen had 8 sacks tonight, so they really got after Wilkett, especially when Wellston was forced to put the ball in the air down the stretch. Eric Landrum was all over the place defensively, along with Klingaman and Dewey Steppe. The entire defensive unit deserves a ton of credit.

Wellston played well, in my opinion. They should have a good year, but they have a brutal first four games. If they can survive that, they'll really make some noise in the TVC-Ohio. Need to get Prater healthy as well.

Congrats to the Ironmen! Enjoy it tonight and then get ready for Waverly. The Tigers always bring their "A" game against the Ironmen and Week 2 this season will be no different.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

The team gave coach Hall the game ball.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Looks like the offense is beginning to click but still needs time. Could be pretty decent once the timing issues are worked out. The offensive line will need to provide protection all year. The line will need to pick up the blitz a bit better in pass protection to give Wadling time.The line blew out some nice holes for the running backs. I think the ironmen has even more people who can catch if they get the time and utilize them.
The defense looking ok. Landrum is really proving to be the leader the team will need this year.Several guys were in the backfield putting pressure on the QB. Good to see Stepp back on the field and starting to click. Brushart,Barr, Klingamon, and Stepp will make a big difference if they can keep the pressure on. The D backs and corners looking pretty good but will need to be careful not to shoot their efforts in the foot with penalties.
All in all they started looking pretty good in the 2nd half but boy what a tough schedule. They'll need to keep the intensity up all year and stay healthy if they're gonna enjoy a winning season.
GOOD LUCK

mustang77
Waterboy

Post by mustang77 »

After an entertaining night in Athens County Friday night I decided to take the short trip down to Jackson to see the Ironmen take on the Rockets. The game was a defensive struggle during the entire 1st half. Both teams seemed to have an idea of what they were trying to accomplish. Jackson wanted to throw the ball and Wellston wanted to try and not turn the ball over. Jackson made great adjustments at half and Wellston tried to play catchup after Jacksons opening drive in the third quarter. Wellston became very one dimensional late in the third and during the entire fourth quarter. Jacksons line actually took over the game in the second half. They were able to penetrate at will on defense and they caused Wellstons offense to scramble or improvise on to many occasions. Wellston did not do a very good job of time management in the second half. They had numerous chances to stop the clock when they were behind by 14 points and chose to stay in bounds instead of stepping out of bounds and preserving precious seconds. Down 2 touchdowns with 5 minutes to go is not an insurmountable deficit to overcome. After watching the game - I think Jackson will struggle to score with their schedule they have and I think Wellston will be ok in their league. Wellston will probably end up with a better overall record than Jackson. I think Wellston has the better skilled position players but overall the team did not make the proper adjustments in the second half and the Jackson team did. This was one that got away for Wellston. Congrats to Coach Hall for his first career win at Jackson.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

When was the last time Wellston beat Jackson in Football?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Nobody mentioned the importance of Luke Eisnaugle stepping in for your injured kicker.
Those extra points were important for the team and also his confidence.
Also, being a beginner kicker on one of JAckson's drives they had a 4th and long. If your previous kicker was not injured they may have tried to kick it and missed instead they went for it, got a first down and eventually scored a touchdown.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

You're exactly right. Luke did a spectacular job last week stepping in for Mullins.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

ironman02....I'll post in a bit the part of my Waverly preview piece which talks about Eisnaugle's extra points and the job he did.

MightyOaksFan makes a great point, and I talked about this with Coach Hall in our pregame talk this week.

Return to “Football”