Top qb in seohio

NY BUCKS
All State

Top qb in seohio

Post by NY BUCKS »

List who you think the best QB is.. i will try to put deans numbers up..

Dont think im dead on..
49-70-3int-841-9td..
Last edited by NY BUCKS on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bengalfan76
SE

Re: Top qb in seohio

Post by bengalfan76 »

Trent Williamson Westfall kid is real deal.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Blake Yates Valley

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

The only two that I've seen so far are Yates from Valley and the kid from Chesapeake. I know that the Shears kid from Wheelersburg has a solid skill set, and I'm looking forward to seeing several others as the year goes on.

Aside from just statistics (which aren't the most useful in terms of describing the best QB through the halfway point), can anyone give some specific details as to what makes the kids notable at the QB position? (Example being the post from UPNYA4, where he described the kid from Peake's ability to run and throw equally.) What kids are pure passers? What kids are dual threats? Which of these kids possesses the "it factor" where they just seem to make everyone around them better?

1darkhorse
Waterboy

Post by 1darkhorse »

I would have to go with Blake Yates. This kid IMO is one of the top athletes in southeast Ohio. He has the ability to change the outcome of a game at any given time. If you try to stop him from running he will pick the defense apart. The best dual threat QB in southeast Ohio hands down

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren's QB is good and if he had a little more behind him be sure some big programs would be after him

Also Jackson's QB--if he was still at Wellston Jackson wouldn't be were they are. It shows you what you have around you can do for a player and a team. Didn't hear too much about him in the TVC and now that he is with Jackson he just might be the SEOAL MVP this season.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

hands down best dual threat qb? then you havent watched the williamson kid play from Westfall hes a 1 man show up there, williamson and yates are the 2 best qbs around, after seeing them both play I couldnt say which is better. 2 other qbs which I was impressed with is Brabson for piketon and Bolin for waverly brabson dual purpose and Bolin pocket passer he probably throws the best ball of any of them but has the least help imo......

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

here are williamsons numbers going into last week after 4 games. 62-114-1048 54% 10 tds passing and 64- 376 6 tds rushing, like I said hes a 1 man show 64 carries through 4 games. 16 carries a game is as much as a lot of the area tbs avg. Brabson over 700 passing and around 230 rushing in 4 games, dont have the numbers on Yates and Bolins numbers probably arent good with tons of drops and getting hit on every play.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Yates is a good all around athlete but the only trouble with him is he is injury prone and will put the ball on the ground if hit hard from the games I've seen of him.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Wink ! where u from cause you dont have a clue Yates to date has started in 34 out of 35 games only time he has been on the sidelines has been wk. 10 against Minford he received a concussion against the Burg in wk. 9 in the 2010 season late in the game he was blind sided but nothing cheap just didnt see it coming,coughed it up and was ruled an interception. Dont know where you got you're info but maybe just wishful thinking on your part !

IronBurg_89
Waterboy

Post by IronBurg_89 »

Wheelersburg QB - Alex Shears is not only a duel threat, but is a threat anywhere on the field at any given time - nuff said!!

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Yates has dealt with some injuries but like SOCMAN said, he's started all but 1 game the last couple of seasons. I do remember the lost fumble/interception last season, and I know he's been picked off 2 or 3 times this season but I'm almost positive those are the only turnovers the kid has ever had. With Keller busting big plays in the running game, Yates numbers aren't as big as they have been in the past. But some of the throws the kid made on Friday couldn't have been any better/prettier... He connected on 2 long TD passes with the ball being on the money after being in the air for 40 yards or more. I'd take my chances with Yates, but I've heard that Shears is a complete package at Burg. I also know the Ratliff kid at West is a very good athlete but he doesn't get the freedom to show that off as much in West's offense.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Shears is really good here in Scioto county but up in Lawrence county that qb for symmes valley is a really tough athlete!

Buckeye Backer
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Backer »

On these boards, opinions are like "you know what". So with that in mind, I will offer my armchair quarterback, bleacher bum expert opinion. As a Buckeye I would like to say Nathan Dean, but I can't. I'm not trying to cut him down, I'm just offering a posssibly flawed point of view. He's putting up good numbers and is a heck of a young man, but he has some things to work on. One thing he can't do anything about is that he may be a couple inches too short. He may not have the best view of the field when he drops back. I haven't seen much of a scrambling/running ability. I could have missed it, but he doesn't seem to be a threat in that way. He's putting up a lot of yards, but many of his passes are jump balls that, thankfully, his receivers have been able to go up and get for the most part. In his defense, I will say that he had a couple of good passes against Logan that would have been TD's, but were dropped by his receivers. He also has a very strong kicking leg but his accuracy has been off, including on extra points. He looks to be capable of nailing one from 40 yards or more.

The _Big_One
Freshman Team

Post by The _Big_One »

Jackson's QB Austin Osbourne

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Levi Ratliff is 19-4 as a starting QB, in regular season. He will never put up big numbers at West. He's usually throwing on third and long. But he's been starting QB since he was 15, and I watched him go toe to toe with Yates last year. Not saying he's the best, but he is a winner. Yates, Shears, and Ratliff are representing the SOCII, very well at QB. The BOTY should be very interesting. With very many good running backs in our league. As well as the QB's.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Black@Orange wrote:Levi Ratliff is 19-4 as a starting QB, in regular season. He will never put up big numbers at West. He's usually throwing on third and long. But he's been starting QB since he was 15, and I watched him go toe to toe with Yates last year. Not saying he's the best, but he is a winner. Yates, Shears, and Ratliff are representing the SOCII, very well at QB. The BOTY should be very interesting. With very many good running backs in our league. As well as the QB's.
I think this is a very good post and hit the nail on head!! I love the mention of Ratliff's team's record while he has been the starting QB at West. That is one of the exact variables that I spoke of in my earlier post. If my math is correct, Shears has posted a 13-4 record to this point as a starter at QB for Wheelersburg. Meanwhile, Yates has guided Valley to a 13-1 record in his 14 starts at QB for the Indians. In my book, that shows all three of these young men have displayed leadership while obviously playing alongside some quality talent on their respective teams. It'll be fun to watch how the head-to-head match-ups with these three young men and their teams pan out this year. Last year Shears (2-0 in head-to-head match-ups) "got the better of them" with his Pirates beating both Valley and West. Yates finished 1-1 with a loss at home to Wheelersburg and a win at West. Meanwhile, Ratliff lost both match-ups against Valley and Wheelersburg, however I think he displayed some excellent leadership from the QB position in the face of the adversity his team faced during and before two of their three toughest regular season match-ups. I've definitely enjoyed the opportunities I've had to watch all three of these kids play last year and this year. I've also never heard one negative word about any of the three from a character stand-point, and I have very strong ties to all three communities they represent.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

I have very strong ties to all three communities
Look at you... You're already a politician! :122245

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

crab_apple4 wrote:
I have very strong ties to all three communities
Look at you... You're already a politician! :122245
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Babe
Waterboy

Post by The Babe »

I have to go with Alex Shears from Wheelersburg...hes a dual threat qb with a great arm, and he hasnt lost many games as a starter and if you look at the games he has lost such as ironton, oak hill and fredricktown...those are some pretty tough teams but neway, he has matured better than any qb in the area IMO

Return to “Football”