WEEK 6. West vs Minford.

Black&Orange23
Waterboy

WEEK 6. West vs Minford.

Post by Black&Orange23 »

i see west comming away with this 1. minford will try to run gaines all night and will get stuffed. I feeel west will pull away and be to physical for the Falcons.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: WEEK 6. West vs Minford.

Post by BigBlueNation »

This will be a very very physical game these teams match up well with each other especially in the trenches physically they are very similar almost identical with size and strength this will be a good ballgame similar to the peake game or the one we had with them last year I think it will be close with the siders coming out on top.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

WEST Big Falcons are one dimensional !

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Last few times we've played Minford they go to a 5-3 with the corners in by the D-Ends almost like a 5-5. They will do this again. We need to make them pay for doing this. Get the ball to the corners more. If we come out with a gameplan similar to the Rock Hill game, that would throw them for a loop.

They have good size and a really good linebacker in Gaines. Coming into the season, I thought this would be a very hard game. They will play us tough.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think Minford will be ready.

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

THEY BETTER BE!!!! cause come Hell or high water, the BULLS and SHARKS will be!!!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

This is big early SOC matchup, but to be honest I don't think the Falcons have the tools to stay with West. I look for the Siders to win by at least 3 scores.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Minford better be prepared to get smacked every time they touch the ball West defense is as physical as ive seen in a while. They will smack you in the mouth and come back and do it again. That said West wins this one to go 6-0

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

West wins....sets up showdown @ Valley

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

noles_fan wrote:Minford better be prepared to get smacked every time they touch the ball West defense is as physical as ive seen in a while. They will smack you in the mouth and come back and do it again. That said West wins this one to go 6-0

Are you talking about before or after the whistle? LOL. It is the West Side you know ;-)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I like our defense. They make you earn it and it's really really hard to run up the middle on them. Our linebackers are starting to read better also. The d-line is so good, the linebackers are free to rome.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Bleeding Red wrote:
noles_fan wrote:Minford better be prepared to get smacked every time they touch the ball West defense is as physical as ive seen in a while. They will smack you in the mouth and come back and do it again. That said West wins this one to go 6-0

Are you talking about before or after the whistle? LOL. It is the West Side you know ;-)
Touche my friend lol.

I wish I could get on here and have a fit for Minford not getting any respect going into this game, but I can't. Given the inconsistency the Falcons have shown so far this year I can't blame other people for being down on them. If I were on the outside looking in I would be too. The team has no one to blame but themselves for the lack of respect, they can't dwell on the past, now they have to concentrate on proving people wrong. I always did like an empty bandwagon more than one weighed down by fair-weather fans and our bandwagon is certainly sparse right now.

The playoffs started last week for Minford and they responded very well. I know it was a winless team so we shouldn't get all warm and fuzzy too fast, but there was marked improvement. If the Falcons come out with intensity, which I am confident they will, they will be in this game. The Offense is not nearly as predictable as some people think it is. The defense is looking better. With another week of practice for the guys in new positions I expect big things will happen.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I'll be in attendance at this one and hope to see a good ballgame. I am looking forward to getting my first glimpse at both in regular season play this year.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

West, wins this one. West is showing to be a very balanced team. All across the field. Bricker, Auger, Meeker, and Crace. Then you have to worry about the pass. And Levi has shown that he can run the ball very well also. That all points to the Hoggs up front. I think we have the best line around. Who do you key on?

Defensively, this unit is starting to jell. Play makers everywhere. We faced a very good offense in Chesapeake friday night. And held them to 7pts. And they well smack you in the mouth, every play. Big hitters everywhere. I know Minford, is a physical team. But they are not going to out muscle this team, with their running game.

Special teams have been very good for West this year. That has been thorn in our side the last few years. Auger kickoffs have been outstanding. And Morgan has been consistent.

Maybe close at half, then West pulls away.
West 28-7
Last edited by Black@Orange on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Just like Valley, West must not be caught looking ahead to the Big One take care of busisness and get out and have everybody healthy for WK # 7 !

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford will be ready and mentally prepared, the boys will have re-gained confidence after getting back on the right track. 0-0 now, it's SOC II time. I see the falcons showing a revived energy and enthusiasm for the game.

Uncle C
Riding the Bench

Post by Uncle C »

Sorry I'll take minford

GO Blue 54
Waterboy

Post by GO Blue 54 »

West will Score as many as they want in this one, unless minford comes to play and can handle there O line and D line...West is lookin like they will go 10- 0...

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

GO Blue 54 wrote:West will Score as many as they want in this one, unless minford comes to play and can handle there O line and D line...West is lookin like they will go 10- 0...
easy there. Long way to go before that. This game isn't gonna be an easy one and Valley is really good. These are the games. Win these and we go undefeated barring a rash of injuries.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

UPNYA4 wrote:
NewEra wrote:Minford will be ready and mentally prepared, the boys will have re-gained confidence after getting back on the right track. 0-0 now, it's SOC II time. I see the falcons showing a revived energy and enthusiasm for the game.
:lol: :lol: Beating up a Watered down Oak Hill team is not what I would call getting back on track. Minford will be playing a REAL football team come Friday night. West will be way to much for the Falcons!

I love some of the Worst Siders enthusiasm.

Return to “Football”