Site Admin

West 34 South Point 14

Post by mattash »

Taking West by 20+

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Week 3 South Point @ West

Post by fuzzhead »

Ouch! West is gonna be itching to take out their frustration on somebody.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

Rebound game 4 Mr. Pendleton and the Senators.

Pendleton explodes once again!

West- 28
South Point-14

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

west by 21
sp has nothing this year..
gonna be a long year for you pointer fans........

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

We need to get back on track. Some kids are banged up. Have to watch for that letdown, but these are some tough minded kids as they displayed the last 2 weeks.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

21-20 South point :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am pulling for the SOC II in this one but who knows about West. Very good running back but nothing else is proven and I again heard from West fans that the line is iffy. Could be a nail biter but I see West pulling it out or winning by 10

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Man, I feel sorry for the Point. Having to face a hungry Burg team week 2 and turning around to face a hungry West team. Ouch...

West-35
South Point- 7

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

West needs to play all 4 quarters...have a good week in practice boys...you need to start getting better and it will happen...I still like West winning the SOC 2.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think West will either be angry that they let one slip through their fingers or they will come out hungover...either way I say West wins by a considerable amount...I just hope the boys can put the Portsmouh game behind them, theres still the Soc to play for, and if they play well and the rest of the year, they could very well have another shot at the trojans in the playoffs

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Watched SP friday. They aren't very good or Wheelersburg is very good. One or the other. They really had no noticable speed and burg killed them with theirs. Wheelersburg was able to get them off balance from the start and then basically ran quick hitters off tackle anytime they wanted.

SP does have some size and I'm sure they'll thow them down in the middle of that D-line and try to bottle our run up. Would like to see West continue to work on the passing game. We will see 5-3's and 6 man lines the rest of the year until we scare them with the pass.

All in all I think West should move the ball rather easily. West needs to stabilize that other end opposite Murphy because you know those counters they run will be right at him.

TheMan
Waterboy

Post by TheMan »

west wins easy....portsmouth got lucky last week west just wasnt meant to win i guess.......west 42-14

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

If we get production in the first half of our games we will be hard to beat. I don't think our line is bad, they just need work. I would line them up with the box stacked in practice and blitz them to death with #8 and #44 coming right at them. I didn't see lack of effort I saw missed asignments. They are young and it happens. They will be fine and when they find their groove look out opponents. Outstanding composure in the last 2 games, good fire from the coaches, plenty of gas in the tanks when the final buzzer went off. I see a good year ahead. Good luck boys and bring your A game against SP.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Portsmouth West in a blow out

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Westsider1993 wrote:If we get production in the first half of our games we will be hard to beat. I don't think our line is bad, they just need work. I would line them up with the box stacked in practice and blitz them to death with #8 and #44 coming right at them. I didn't see lack of effort I saw missed asignments. They are young and it happens. They will be fine and when they find their groove look out opponents. Outstanding composure in the last 2 games, good fire from the coaches, plenty of gas in the tanks when the final buzzer went off. I see a good year ahead. Good luck boys and bring your A game against SP.

Coach made alot of changes on the line in the second half. I didn't notice it during the game, but someone mentioned it and I looked at the game on the nextvsports. In the second half, Wilfong, Houseworth, and Moore played with McGraw and Bricker. They did better, but for this team to reach its potential those others, especially Neuman (sp?), needs to step up. Would like to see Cooper work his way in there also. Those two have the tools to be first team SOC II linemen, but they are only sophomores.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

just watched it on Nextv, 2nd half was a totally different story for West. Cant wait till week 10!!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Ill take West 35-7...West will come out fired up and with a point to prove. This group did exactly what I was afraid they would do, they were very inexperienced and never really had a "tune-up game" they played two good teams out of the gate, and were almost too little too late in the first one, and were in the second...however they did show a lot of fight, coming back in those two games (along with some great halftime adjustments from Coach Triplett), now its just getting production for 4 quarters. I think the Portsmouth loss might of done them some good...everyone was still riding the high of 2008 team and thought that they were invincable...well they aren't, but those boys want to get back to that...thats why I think they will play the rest of season with a chip on their shoulder...I think we will see a much improved team from here on out...one that plays those 4 quarters and not 2. Once they all get varsity experience (espicially in the secondary) they will be hard to beat...and I look at South Point, they are a wing-t team...they could give the young safeties and d-line some fits early on (Pendleton and Compton have exp. against the wing-t), but as the game progresses and the team starts to read their keys better they will more than likely pull away. Although, South Points and Minford variations of the Wing-t are like day and night...it will give some preparation for the wing-t

trojanbacker97
Riding the Bench

Post by trojanbacker97 »

I'm a transplant to the West Side. I bought a home over here and I married a Sider My kids go to school there so I always root for West when they aren't playing my Trojans. I guess that will change when my kids are old enough to get involved with sports but it will be hard to get used to wearing orange and black. Seriously though I enjoy watching West they play with more heart than you could carry in a dump truck and they never give up.

Go Siders beat the Pointers

WestSide Pride
Waterboy

Post by WestSide Pride »

hear there is alot of personal changes taking place this week on both sides of the ball. Will be some good moves from what i'm hearing.
West should win this on 35 to 14.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

One good thing about seniors is that it is their last go round. They prepare and play the game like it is their last. The sophs and most of these juniors hadn't lost a game that they played much in for over a year. What time I saw the players last week I sensed that they weren't putting enough stock into that game. Someone mentioned the week before the Ready game last year was alot the same. It's one thing if you do this when your playing a sub par team, but you can't do it to good teams. Most of the players watched Portsmouth scrimmage. They didn't look good at all. I think Portsmouth did a great job of sandbagging and it worked. Maybe a loss can be a good thing to get them back to reality and make them take the scouting reports and preparation more serious.

Return to “Football”