SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK4 Notre Dame @ Bishop Rosecrans

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Rosecrans wins this one b y 14.

sterling
Waterboy

Post by sterling »

Rosecrans by 21 due to ND weaknesses in the redzone.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

sterling wrote:Rosecrans by 21 due to ND weaknesses in the redzone.

Those 3 red zone plays you refer to was inside the 5. Had nothing to do with play calling. 3 false starts prevented ND from scoring, 2 were questionable.
The ND Offensive Line may very well be the best in the SOC, especially when you consider the weight disadvantage every game. True 110% Linemen.
Containment is a problem on defense. The coaching staff know this and you can look for a correction this week.
The Air Raid offense is a perfect match for this team. However, only one time in 3 games has it been used for an entire half resulting in 20 points and 200 yards pass receiving in that half.
ND will return from Zanesville with a WIN.

sterling
Waterboy

Post by sterling »

You seem to have the inside scoop on what the coaches are thinking an doing, gwell so I'll ask you, since the air raid can be effective why has it NOT been used more than one half in 3 games? Why is the defense making adjustments now as to containment, isn't that what halftime is for? As far as play calling, running the same play with the same player up the middle repeatedly down after down with no yardage and then passing on 4th down? I think I've seen that before, hmmm, last year against Oak Hill and Rosecrans. Too many times ND gets inside the "5" and can't get it in and I'm not just refering to GC. tsk tsk tsk :oops:

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I hate to say it, but I think Notre Dame will lose a close one, I don't know if the ever have beat Rosecrans, and they are down this year...If they decide to pass every play and use the tunnel and bubble screeen as a substitute for the run, they might come back with a win...this game will get them ready for Soc play...If they stick with the pass they could very well challange for second in the Soc

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

No, I do not have inside scoop on what the coaches are thinking, just offering an opinion as a true NDHS fan and supporter, so
I can not answer your questions. I do know every player on the team and I believe a turn around for the better will start this week in practice, as it should. Football is an emotional game and for what ever reason, ND did not come out to play last Friday night, this can happen to every team. Many think the jury is still out on this team. Not me, I believe in each and every player on the team and every coach that gives their time 7 days a week.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

br 27-13

machbuff
Waterboy

Post by machbuff »

Hey headhunter1, I know you posted this on another topic last week, but what are you talking about Sammons taking over next year? Where are you getting your info from? Is McKnight looking elsewhere? I hope you are mistaken. The only thing I wish McKnight would do is use his staff of nine to its fullest and not be too proud to take some of their advice.
Anyway, what makes you think ND would start winning with Sammons at the helm? He had size and numbers at GC and couldn't make much happen.

Rosecrans is very well coached regardless of their numbers each year. ND burns themselves on turnovers each time they play them. I say Rosecrans by 7.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Rosecrans in a blowout.

sterling
Waterboy

Post by sterling »

Why didn't GCHS hold on to him?

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Sounds to me like to many Chief's and not enough Indians. I think ND needs more plays not 10 or 15 coaches. Rosecrans by 21.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

sterling wrote:Why didn't GCHS hold on to him?

This will be my only response to this foolishness. As you seem to know little about Greenup County politics I will answer that question.
The coach you question lives in western Greenup Co. (old McKell High District) NOT eastern Greenup Co, (old Wurtland High District and old Greenup Ind. High District). They have been merged for over 30 years but the county split is still there. Even if Greenup were undefeated, the power in eastern Greenup Co. would still have wanted him out. This has been excessively discussed on Bluegrasspreps. To my knowledge, he resigned.
The coach at ND saw the opportunity and wisely took it. Now that's it, back to the game.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Update: Phone call just now received. ND had a GREAT first day of week practice. Said the team was up tempo and more vocal than ever. Now that's what I'm talking about!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Rosecrans by two TD's atleast

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

machbuff wrote:Hey headhunter1, I know you posted this on another topic last week, but what are you talking about Sammons taking over next year? Where are you getting your info from? Is McKnight looking elsewhere? I hope you are mistaken. The only thing I wish McKnight would do is use his staff of nine to its fullest and not be too proud to take some of their advice.
Anyway, what makes you think ND would start winning with Sammons at the helm? He had size and numbers at GC and couldn't make much happen.

Rosecrans is very well coached regardless of their numbers each year. ND burns themselves on turnovers each time they play them. I say Rosecrans by 7.

sorry mc buff :oops: did i offend you :lol:

ND TITANS
Waterboy

Post by ND TITANS »

I know the soc ad's discourage coaches from responding to idiots but we have talked to our kids about people that are armchair quarterbacks making statements they know nothing about. I have tried to build a staff here that gives our kids every possibility to be coached in every position not just for Notre Dame but for their future on and off the field. Our coaching staff if very tight everyone knows their roles and are mature enough to handle their job. You can say whatever you want about me, if you really knew me you would know its water off my back but its the kids you are hurting when you talk about me leaving or coaching changes that are totally false. I hired Mike because we think very simialar and our offensive schemes crossed one another, Andy Schmidt was brought in for our defense and is doing a great job and Bubba Webb is making a huge difference along with Brian Sparks and KB Johnson with our line. There is still alot of improvement to be made and yes that is my job to see that it is done.
Your opinion about the play calling or game I could care less about, we had 5 turnovers and many mistakes against a very talented team, but I think our kids will respond this week. There are many great coaches in our area but they can't play the game on the field, but it is their job to prepare and motivate.
We have 44 boys in our school and we think we play a very tough non-conference schedule let alone how strong the SOC I is this year, but you have to do that in order to compete at a higher level, that is my philosophy agree or not. This is a very good and informative website please use it the way it is intended to point out your opinions but not make false comments about a program that coaches have to keep telling their kids its not true.
I f you have a problem other than football with me here is my number 821-1799 my door is always open. Our kids will respond because we have worked hard the last four years in building character thru our "pride and desire" motto.

Coach McKnight

machbuff
Waterboy

Post by machbuff »

You didn't offend me at all headhunter. I was truly wondering where you heard such info. I was concerned that McKnight was looking elsewhere. If you read more into it than that, my fault.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Well said Coach. Keep the team up and bring us home a Win.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Another great practice. The momentum mounts.

Return to “Football”