Varsity

Re: WK 4 Logan @ Gallia Academy SEOAL Game

Post by TIGERS90 »

U G L Y...nothing else

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Yep..gotta agree..we see the same thing next Friday as we seen this Friday.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Gallia says, "Thank you sir, may I have another"!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Logan seems to be firing on all cylinders right now. This will be their last tune-up before the big battle with Ironton. I would look for them to come out firing against the Blue Devils early and often with Angle and the passing game. I'm sure that GAHS is improving each week, but it may not matter against an incredibly talented Logan team.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Logan BIG............

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Logan by 42.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

All I can say is that I hope Gallia plays hard and doesn't quit, because Logan is going to take them out to the wood shed!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Logan by 5TD

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Since this game hit the schedule i have felt this was a bad game. Next week everyone will know why. I guess the AD wanted the Chieftain fans to see him join the Gallia Hall of Fame. Well at least i can say congrats to Mr. Janey.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Sorry to say Logan wins by as much as they want to in this one.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan no more than 49 points----2nds should be in early

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

welp... i see you all are thinking the samething i am. a repeat of the hammy game. keep them heathy for week 5. :122249

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Matt -

Although both teams are in the SEOAL, this is officially a non-league game as far as the league standings are concerned.

This game was scheduled because Athens backed out of a two-year contract with Logan after they left the SEOAL.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

even though gallia is down. i'm glad athens backed out and we filled it with gallia. isn't this going to the last year for these non league game with league teams?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1987chieftains wrote:even though gallia is down. i'm glad athens backed out and we filled it with gallia. isn't this going to the last year for these non league game with league teams?

Yes. After Ironton leaves the league, all 7 teams will play a round-robin schedule, meaning everyone will play everyone.

From just a computer points perspective, it looks like Athens would have been a better game this year, but I much prefer Gallipolis.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: WK 4 Logan @ Gallia Academy

Post by dazed&confused »

I don't like this game where it is. That's just me speaking. Let's be honest, Gallia is just not a competitive game this year for Logan. In other years, yes, but not now. I know the sentiment is to rest and heal up for Logan. But I'd rather see more of a challenge right now. You can't improve unless you are constantly pushing yourself to get better and it is hard to see Logan being really motivated to "get up" for this one. Ironton and Zanesville loom and they will allow Logan to test itself within but I just don't like two snoozers in a row. Sorry. Gallia is a great program with great tradition but I'd rather see a little more incentive for Logan to perform this week. One week "off" is enough.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

Don't overlook us!
We got throttled by Ironton ,I know.
But we are not down talent wise,we are attempting to learn and execute 1920's football.
Our boys will hit and play as hard as any team,but with this system it is hard to compete with the Logan's and Ironton's right now.
Please don't sell us short on heart or talent if we play mistake free football we could give Logan a scare.

Logan closer than the experts think 35-GA 20

GO BLUE!

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

dazed&confused wrote:I don't like this game where it is. That's just me speaking. Let's be honest, Gallia is just not a competitive game this year for Logan. In other years, yes, but not now. I know the sentiment is to rest and heal up for Logan. But I'd rather see more of a challenge right now. You can't improve unless you are constantly pushing yourself to get better and it is hard to see Logan being really motivated to "get up" for this one. Ironton and Zanesville loom and they will allow Logan to test itself within but I just don't like two snoozers in a row. Sorry. Gallia is a great program with great tradition but I'd rather see a little more incentive for Logan to perform this week. One week "off" is enough.

I agree..we need more competitive ball period..but let's face it..as long as Logan plays the ball they are capable of every week..the only real test we have throughout the rest of the whole season is probably Z'ville..so..like last year..we are going to have a lot of 'off' weeks..and that could be very bad come week 11 if/when we get there.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:Don't overlook us!
We got throttled by Ironton ,I know.
But we are not down talent wise,we are attempting to learn and execute 1920's football.
Our boys will hit and play as hard as any team,but with this system it is hard to compete with the Logan's and Ironton's right now.
Please don't sell us short on heart or talent if we play mistake free football we could give Logan a scare.

Logan closer than the experts think 35-GA 20

GO BLUE!

blue nd gray -

Gallia Academy is not playing 1920s football. In fact, Tim Tebow at Florida is playing more 1920s football than GAHS is. Also, the offense Donnie Johnson ran while at GAHS in 2003 was much more similar to 1920s football.

Ironton's offense is an older offense historically than the wing-t Ironton is running.

Gallipolis has talent, and they are learning a new system. But it is a system that can be VERY dangerous when executed properly.

Return to “Football”