Random SEOAL Thoughts

2old
All Conference

Random SEOAL Thoughts

Post by 2old »

Well three weeks into the season and some things change and some remain the same.

Logan is obviously the class of the league. Of course this is expected by Logan fans and is grudgingly accepted by the other league members. At least those who stay in the league. If logan continues this dominance they will truly be in league of its own.

By golly it looks like the Tiger posters may have it right. Ironton appears to be the best of the rest. As usual not an impressive preconference schedule but at least they avoided Canada this year.

Third through whatever in theis league is up for grabs.

Warren Pretender or legit third place finisher? I know they have done well but the jury is still out and has asked for the evidence to be reviewed.

Jackson. Who knows?? With the preconference schedule they play it is impossible to guess. i am guessing it will not end up pretty in Jackson.

Chilly. I may have mentioned before this group of posters is happy in June, July, and August. Once football season starts it is on the the hard woods for the Cavs.

Marietta. Sorry

Ptown. I have had my doubts about this team. After the Burg game all doubt was removed. OUCH!!!! At least this group does not have to play Logan.

Gallia. I like some of the guys on this team and some of the coaches and some of the posters. i am afraid this team is headed for a perfect season. of course the faithful likes to point to Saunder's first season. Besides i think they still have a chance against some of the teams listed above and they at least get ironton and Logan out of the way early.

Stay tuned i am sure i will have more thoughts.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Random SEOAL Thoughts

Post by noreply66 »

ttt

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

sounds good to me 2old.
i-town's running game..... we'll have to shut the door on that one in a hurry! :122249 if we can do that they're done! b/c theres not that many pages in mr. lutz's passing play book. :lol: :lol: :lol:

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Hey 2old, glad to have ya back... Hope I am still on your good side..LOL... Your breakdown of the league looks pretty accurate.... Our boys played a wail of a game aganist Itown..... It was closer than the finale score reflected.... Hope to see ya next week, but I know your feelings about our French City.... I will give you my opinion on Both teams strengths and weaknesses after next weeks game..... Talk at ya later.....

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Blue,

i spent more time in Paris this year than you would believe. Of course you are still among the good guys. Any poster that keeps it real is ok with me. Depending on circumstances i may be in the French City Friday.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

2old

You must be getting senile or suffering from Alzheimers. All this talk about "Paris" and the French City have you confused. You were in New Orleans in the "French" Quarter and you were impressed with the strippers & hookers and said later you loved everything French. They must have liked you too because they gave you alot of beads to wear around your neck. I know how the women get those but how does a guy get them ??

Maybe I don't want to know,lol

blacksheep
Riding the Bench

Post by blacksheep »

2old,random thoughts...so true... thats all your capable of....never facts, just thoughts... what team do you actully like,or did you ever play ball..excluding your own that is...im sure im not the only person on here thats sick of your "random thoughts"

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

Some random thoughts of my own....and a few numbers. For some reason I haven't been able to comprehend the excitement that Logan fans get from the prospect of beating Ironton. But, the more I thought about it the more I understood. That's all they have. For them beating one of the storied programs in Ohio high school football history is the only success they have ever had. For them that validates them as a program. To beat a program that has played in more state championship games(8) than they have playoff appearances(7) somehow lets them rise above the fact they've always had a mediocre big school program. Despite the fact these Ironton teams have not been as strong as they have been in the past, and the fact they have a rapidly shrinking enrollment, you take those victories and be proud, heck get you a trophy made if it makes you feel better about the fact you will never have the success Ironton has had.

Ironton has always been a little different. We don't consider league championships or a good regular season a success. We don't hang banners for league titles(which is good because we wouldn't really have room with all the SEOAL and OKAC titles we have won in the past) and our kids don't get t-shirts and brag about being SEOAL champs. For Ironton and Coach Lutz playing the regular season has always been about getting ready for the playoffs. So if playing a bigger, "better" team like Logan and possibly losing makes us better, so be it. I'm sure someone is going to get on here and say where has your success been lately. My only response will be, "When was yours ever?"

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

CarmenOhio wrote:Some random thoughts of my own....and a few numbers. For some reason I haven't been able to comprehend the excitement that Logan fans get from the prospect of beating Ironton. But, the more I thought about it the more I understood. That's all they have. For them beating one of the storied programs in Ohio high school football history is the only success they have ever had. For them that validates them as a program. To beat a program that has played in more state championship games(8) than they have playoff appearances(7) somehow lets them rise above the fact they've always had a mediocre big school program. Despite the fact these Ironton teams have not been as strong as they have been in the past, and the fact they have a rapidly shrinking enrollment, you take those victories and be proud, heck get you a trophy made if it makes you feel better about the fact you will never have the success Ironton has had.

Ironton has always been a little different. We don't consider league championships or a good regular season a success. We don't hang banners for league titles(which is good because we wouldn't really have room with all the SEOAL and OKAC titles we have won in the past) and our kids don't get t-shirts and brag about being SEOAL champs. For Ironton and Coach Lutz playing the regular season has always been about getting ready for the playoffs. So if playing a bigger, "better" team like Logan and possibly losing makes us better, so be it. I'm sure someone is going to get on here and say where has your success been lately. My only response will be, "When was yours ever?"

I CAN SEE BY YOUR POSTS YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE LONG. US LOGAN AND I-TOWN POSTERS HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR A LONG TIME. WE RESPECT EACH OTHER AND THE RESPECTIVE PROGRAMS. ITS ALL IN FUN. JUST RELAX AND HAVE A FEW LAUGHS.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

CarmenOhio wrote:Some random thoughts of my own....and a few numbers. For some reason I haven't been able to comprehend the excitement that Logan fans get from the prospect of beating Ironton. But, the more I thought about it the more I understood. That's all they have. For them beating one of the storied programs in Ohio high school football history is the only success they have ever had. For them that validates them as a program. To beat a program that has played in more state championship games(8) than they have playoff appearances(7) somehow lets them rise above the fact they've always had a mediocre big school program. Despite the fact these Ironton teams have not been as strong as they have been in the past, and the fact they have a rapidly shrinking enrollment, you take those victories and be proud, heck get you a trophy made if it makes you feel better about the fact you will never have the success Ironton has had.

Is this comedy?

Ironton does not define Logan's season. It's just another game on the schedule for our kids and coaches.

On a message board it's a big deal b/c Ironton has so many posters. But I can tell you that our kids don't understand why anyone cares more about the Ironton game than any other game.

Trust me, our kids and coaches get a lot more joy out of beating Lancaster than they do Ironton.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

2old wrote:Well three weeks into the season and some things change and some remain the same.

Logan is obviously the class of the league. Of course this is expected by Logan fans and is grudgingly accepted by the other league members. At least those who stay in the league. If logan continues this dominance they will truly be in league of its own.

By golly it looks like the Tiger posters may have it right. Ironton appears to be the best of the rest. As usual not an impressive preconference schedule but at least they avoided Canada this year.

Warren Pretender or legit third place finisher? I know they have done well but the jury is still out and has asked for the evidence to be reviewed.

Jackson. Who knows?? With the preconference schedule they play it is impossible to guess. i am guessing it will not end up pretty in Jackson.

Chilly. I may have mentioned before this group of posters is happy in June, July, and August. Once football season starts it is on the the hard woods for the Cavs.

Marietta. Sorry

Ptown. I have had my doubts about this team. After the Burg game all doubt was removed. OUCH!!!! At least this group does not have to play Logan.

Gallia. I like some of the guys on this team and some of the coaches and some of the posters. i am afraid this team is headed for a perfect season. of course the faithful likes to point to Saunder's first season. Besides i think they still have a chance against some of the teams listed above and they at least get ironton and Logan out of the way early.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2old , it amazes me how classless you can be , if you simply were somewhat humble about your team, you would not come over as so abrasive. the fighting tigers are definately for real. they are not pretenders. and i'll say this one last time, if you feel like having 3 times or so more boys to pick from than ironton, then i'd have to call you or anybody who believes that a fool. you know better. but we've always played anybody, anytime, any place. even you need to respect that. you'll not play another team your size the rest of the season, and you will prosper till playoff time. provided you get by ironton, but how successful are you really, when you cannot even get to the regionals. you are a big fish in a small pond. i just hope the fighting tigers smash logan this year. just for squirmy lil ole you. hugs ytb. :-D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

2old wrote:Well three weeks into the season and some things change and some remain the same.

Marietta. Sorry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2old , it amazes me how classless you can be , if you simply were somewhat humble about your team, you would not come over as so abrasive. the fighting tigers are definately for real. they are not pretenders. and i'll say this one last time, if you feel like having 3 times or so more boys to pick from than ironton, then i'd have to call you or anybody who believes that a fool. you know better. but we've always played anybody, anytime, any place. even you need to respect that. you'll not play another team your size the rest of the season, and you will prosper till playoff time. provided you get by ironton, but how successful are you really, when you cannot even get to the regionals. you are a big fish in a small pond. i just hope the fighting tigers smash logan this year. just for squirmy lil ole you. hugs ytb. :-D

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

the TRI STATE team has spoken :122246

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:2old , it amazes me how classless you can be , if you simply were somewhat humble about your team, you would not come over as so abrasive. the fighting tigers are definately for real. they are not pretenders. and i'll say this one last time, if you feel like having 3 times or so more boys to pick from than ironton, then i'd have to call you or anybody who believes that a fool. you know better. but we've always played anybody, anytime, any place. even you need to respect that. you'll not play another team your size the rest of the season, and you will prosper till playoff time. provided you get by ironton, but how successful are you really, when you cannot even get to the regionals. you are a big fish in a small pond. i just hope the fighting tigers smash logan this year. just for squirmy lil ole you. hugs ytb. :-D

YTB -

Again, you can not tell the truth.

You tell me that you don't use size as an excuse, but I'll quote you:

if you feel like having 3 times or so more boys to pick from than ironton

Then we have ANOTHER inccorect statement by you:

you'll not play another team your size the rest of the season

What do you call Zanesville, Marietta, and Warren? 2 teams in the Top 10 of our region.

You can pick on 2old, but do by being truthful, not by bending the truth to fit what you want to say.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Also, don't talk about "being humble" when you have a whole thread insulting an opponent.

"It's just Ashland"

That's a joke in Ironton and an insult in Ashland. That's not humble, it belittling an opponent.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

LoganLocos wrote:Also, don't talk about "being humble" when you have a whole thread insulting an opponent.

"It's just Ashland"

That's a joke in Ironton and an insult in Ashland. That's not humble, it belittling an opponent.

Kind of like what 2old does everytime he makes a post about Ironton.........

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:Kind of like what 2old does everytime he makes a post about Ironton.........

I never said he didn't. He also doesn't claim any moral high ground. If you're going to accuse someone of being "classless" you have to walk the walk as well.

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

LoganLocos wrote:
OHbuckeye1 wrote:Kind of like what 2old does everytime he makes a post about Ironton.........

I never said he didn't. He also doesn't claim any moral high ground. If you're going to accuse someone of being "classless" you have to walk the walk as well.

So you are judging someone for judging someone else? Interesting...... :122245

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

LoganLocos wrote:

I don't think I called him classless at all did I ??????

Just read 1987Chieftans post above, he's right it's all in fun. I believe some people just take it a little to far sometimes. I'm including some of Ironton fans just as well as Logans.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:I don't think I called him classless at all did I ??????

Just read 1987Chieftans post above, he's right it's all in fun. I believe some people just take it a little to far sometimes. I'm including some of Ironton fans just as well as Logans.

buckeye -

I was originally referring to TigerBait. I only have fun on here. Some people take it way to seriously.

Return to “Football”