Random SEOAL Thoughts

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Re: Random SEOAL Thoughts

Post by CarmenOhio »

2old wrote:Let me see I will take the easy one first. i see my shadow is following me. GAHS i know your problem. You suffer from Chieftain Envy.

Now for Carmen who appartently was smart enough to get out of ironton. Carmen play with words all you want. Ironton has not won a Championship of any type this century. Ironton people have told me just making th playoffs is not good enough. Just so you know how far the Ironton program has fallen this century, even Gallipolis has a championship this century.

It will be a long time before Ironton wins any championship again. Times have changed. Logan made the change. Ironton not so much.

Trying not to "play with words"....you know what else Gallipolis has done? Made the playoffs more times this decade than Logan. :122245

Also, it only took Logan about ohhh....50 years to "make the change" (not really sure what that means). I guess if we work by the time standard they have set we have plenty of time to "make the change"....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

gallipolis has made the playoffs more than logan , this decade. you guys can't field a good argument there in logan, i'd stiffle it, and just play football, little fish, big pond. :-D

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Guess this has turned into the "Chieftain Envy " Thread. No suprprise every season turns out this way. It is coming a little early this year.

At least next year the ironton fans can escape Logan. Poor old Gallia has to face the music again. I can hardly wait next year Ironton can TELL all of us how good Iroton is in 2010. In 2009 Logan will show the Tigers they are not ready for prime time football. Better stay in Lawrence and Scioto County. oh and Kentucky oh and Canada.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Last edited by BubbleGumTiger on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

2old wrote:Guess this has turned into the "Chieftain Envy " Thread. No suprprise every season turns out this way. It is coming a little early this year.

At least next year the ironton fans can escape Logan. Poor old Gallia has to face the music again. I can hardly wait next year Ironton can TELL all of us how good Iroton is in 2010. In 2009 Logan will show the Tigers they are not ready for prime time football. Better stay in Lawrence and Scioto County. oh and Kentucky oh and Canada.

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

2old wrote:Guess this has turned into the "Chieftain Envy " Thread. No suprprise every season turns out this way. It is coming a little early this year.

For some reason this made me laugh out loud....PLEASE tell me Mr. my team has been good 4 out of the last 80 years, what do you mean by "prime time football"?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CHIEFTAIN ENVY.

AN PRIME TIME FOOTBALL , IN THE SAME POST. I JUST FELL OUT MY DANG CHAIR.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Game Day

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

GAHS,

Ahh you of the selective memory. I stated Gallia was over scheduled this year. I have said it since the first peak at the 2009 edition of the Gallia schedule. I understand scheduling. You have proven by your posts that you do not. Just go to the game and see the results.

I love the way Chieftain Envy works. Now everyone wants a part of the Chieftain success. Heck a few years ago most posters wanted to throw Logan under the Central Ohio bus. But people are that way. Everyone likes to claim a successful team. Heck i remember back in the 1900's many of us in southern ohio spoke proudly about Ironton(of course they have since made me regret it). All the teams that Logan now dominates will proudly say "heck we played Logan"!

Chieftain Envy lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

2old wrote:GAHS,

Ahh you of the selective memory. I stated Gallia was over scheduled this year. I have said it since the first peak at the 2009 edition of the Gallia schedule. I understand scheduling. You have proven by your posts that you do not. Just go to the game and see the results.

I love the way Chieftain Envy works. Now everyone wants a part of the Chieftain success. Heck a few years ago most posters wanted to throw Logan under the Central Ohio bus. But people are that way. Everyone likes to claim a successful team. Heck i remember back in the 1900's many of us in southern ohio spoke proudly about Ironton(of course they have since made me regret it). All the teams that Logan now dominates will proudly say "heck we played Logan"!

Chieftain Envy lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one should get things a little more stirred up lol

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

2OLD,The year Gallipolis won the SEOAL,Ironton defeated them.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

cant stop this wrote:2OLD,The year Gallipolis won the SEOAL,Ironton defeated them.

And the last time Ironton was D4 state runner-up, little D5 Wheelersburg defeated them.

ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT.

(ain't these peeing matches fun) ??? :lol: :lol:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

CST,

Ironton has been in a league with Logan the last THREE years. Logan has been the UNDFEATED league Champion the last THREE years. The obvious conclusion is that Ironton has been powerless to stop the new KING of the SEOAL. Logan has dominated Ironton so bad that the Tigers have had to pick up the ball and run home to mommy or Kentucky or Canada. Good place for dodgers.

Ironton owns Gallia. It is a proven fact. Gallia enters every Ironton game with their collective tails between their legs. Much as the Tigers have in the games at Logan the last couple of years. No wonder none of the Tiger faithful know the way to Logan.

As for GAHS, the Blue have not Defeated Logan since 2003. The seniors this year were in the sixth grade. Gallia needs a quick turn around if it is to remain competitive with the Chiefs. I know the key but, well you just won't get it. Maybe the power that be will get it. I hope so. It was more fun making the trip down 35 when there was at least a hope of a good game.

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Great post 4ever as usual,at least you dont say the same mindless drivel over and over.

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

Honest questions (not trying to stir, just want Logan fans' opinions) :

Logan has had great teams the past 4 or 5 years. Their record proves it. They seem to have one heckova coach. So here's the questions.....

1. If Logan can win all their regular season games (even when it really doesn't matter because they already have a home playoff game locked up), why can't they win at the most important time of the season?
2. And take the next step and proceed past week 11 or week 12?
3. Is the coaching staff being too careful? Are the players not executing? Are both choking?
4. Do you think it would be better for Logan to lose during the regular season and then react and overcome a lose?

I have gone to a couple Logan games in the past few years (Pick N., and Lancaster a couple times), but haven't gone to a playoff game. All I can tell on here most times is that (not just Logan fans) either the weather held the team back, or the officiating was ridiculously bad.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Let's keep it real. In Logan's playoff losses I NEVER remember officiating being a problem. To suggest a coaching or choking problem is ludicrous. Logan has always lost to BETTER teams. That should not be hard to understand. So Logan was not the best team in the state in their division.

Let me help you understand.
2008 Lost to Louisville. Also noit the Champion, but keeping it real this was and is this year a GREAT team. No one in this forum but Logan could even suit up against this team.

2007 Logan lost to Tri Valley. Valley was very good that year. The game was a seesaw affiar. Tri Valley won the game on a score in the last minute. No complaints. These two teams were even. But week 11 was the last week for them and Logan would not have advance either that year.

Other teams when logan played D-1.

Lost to Hilliard Davidson. Davidson was D-1 STATE Champion that year. Guess what they were better than Logan. Very simple concept.

Lost to Dublin Coffman. Two NFL starters played on that team. That night Coffman was the better team.

Lost to Upper Arlington. Arlington won state that year. 8 D-1 players. Logan had one kid go D-1 from that team. Arlington was clearly the better team.

There is no shame in losing to better teams. Logan has played the BEST the state of Ohio has to offer. Logan has not been the best team in the state yet.

Lancaster and Pick North are worthy opponents. But they are also far from the BEST teams in the state. Not a slam on them, just the facts. Heck Check lancasters playff record.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

2old wrote:9,

Let's keep it real. In Logan's playoff losses I NEVER remember officiating being a problem. To suggest a coaching or choking problem is ludicrous. Logan has always lost to BETTER teams. That should not be hard to understand. So Logan was not the best team in the state in their division.

Let me help you understand.
2008 Lost to Louisville. Also noit the Champion, but keeping it real this was and is this year a GREAT team. No one in this forum but Logan could even suit up against this team.

2007 Logan lost to Tri Valley. Valley was very good that year. The game was a seesaw affiar. Tri Valley won the game on a score in the last minute. No complaints. These two teams were even. But week 11 was the last week for them and Logan would not have advance either that year.

Other teams when logan played D-1.

Lost to Hilliard Davidson. Davidson was D-1 STATE Champion that year. Guess what they were better than Logan. Very simple concept.

Lost to Dublin Coffman. Two NFL starters played on that team. That night Coffman was the better team.

Lost to Upper Arlington. Arlington won state that year. 8 D-1 players. Logan had one kid go D-1 from that team. Arlington was clearly the better team.

There is no shame in losing to better teams. Logan has played the BEST the state of Ohio has to offer. Logan has not been the best team in the state yet.

Lancaster and Pick North are worthy opponents. But they are also far from the BEST teams in the state. Not a slam on them, just the facts. Heck Check lancasters playff record.

Pickerington North...Worthy?

2003-Ironton 48 Pickerington North 0

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
Pickerington North...Worthy?

2003-Ironton 48 Pickerington North 0

Ironton...Worthy?

2007-Logan 53 Ironton 14
2008-Logan 35 Ironton 14

2003 was the first year North had a football team. They didn't have a single senior in the high school, let alone the football team.

Let's not pretend like that has any relevance to where North is now.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Admittedly beating a team that Ironton beats is not of much value for bragging puposes.

However i am speaking of 2009 in the case of Pick North. Since 2003 the program at Pick North and irotnon have gone in different directions. Ironton is sliding down hill. Getting killed by Logan the last two years and losing to "just Ashland" in 2009. Pick North is greatly improved in 2009. The panthers are greatly improved in 2009. Some additional kids and new members to the coaching staff have made a big difference. Beleive me ironton does not want anything to do with the Pick north team f 2009. Only Logan in the SEOAL can play with the good programs in the state of Ohio.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

2old wrote:45,

Admittedly beating a team that Ironton beats is not of much value for bragging puposes.

However i am speaking of 2009 in the case of Pick North. Since 2003 the program at Pick North and irotnon have gone in different directions. Ironton is sliding down hill. Getting killed by Logan the last two years and losing to "just Ashland" in 2009. Pick North is greatly improved in 2009. The panthers are greatly improved in 2009. Some additional kids and new members to the coaching staff have made a big difference. Beleive me ironton does not want anything to do with the Pick north team f 2009. Only Logan in the SEOAL can play with the good programs in the state of Ohio.

You forgot two very important words in that sentence. THIS YEAR.

Return to “Football”