Is Wheelersburg facing a must win this week?

85inside
S

Is Wheelersburg facing a must win this week?

Post by 85inside »

They have beatten winless South Point, they still have winless Rock Hill on their schedule. Without winning the Ironton game and if they dont win this week, will they be able to generate enough playoff points?

vladimir
S

Re: Is Wheelersburg facing a must win this week?

Post by vladimir »

Yes, they are and they better be cheering for the rest of the SOCII these next two weeks to pickup points. You're correct, as South Point and Rock Hill will probably win 2 games and they have to play each other and then there's Northwest. Portsmouth is in the SEOAL and will maybe win 4 to 5 games, who also has a win against South Point.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Portsmouth should win a few games so that will help. A win over Minford in week 6 will be a huge points game since the Falcons probably won't lose many this year. Burg has got to hope that SP and RH win more than 2 games this year. If they can pull out 3 or 4 wins each that would be a big help. If the Pirates can run the table in the SOC then I think they'll be fine regardless of Saturdays outcome with VASJ. If they win out and go 9-1 they are probably the #1 seed in the region. 7-3 or 8-2 will more than likely get them in the playoffs, just maybe not a home game in round #1.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Burg will not only make the playoffs, they will earn a home playoff berth and go pretty deep into the playoffs in my opinion.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

pretty good chance for a home game at 8-2. All the SOC schools except for NW should enter soc play anywhere from 5-0 to 3-2, plenty of points available in league play. Look at the top 8 teams in the region they all have 2-3 teams on their schedule that are currently 0-3.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I hope you guys are right. It would be neat to see an area school go far in the playoffs this year. I am very hopeful that Ironton, Burg and maybe even Minford or Coal Grove will go far. Dont know if they are considered from our area, but would also be good to see a 9-1 Logan team run the table in D2.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I'd like to see Symmes Valley go in D6, Coal Grove in D5, and Ironton in D4 - and I think Ironton and Coal Grove could be playing a first-round home game. Ironton will for sure be playing a first-round home game. The more a hear about them, the more I think this may be a special year for the Tigers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yes, i also think that wheelersburg, if they get in will go far into the playoffs. i'm really concerned about points from rock hill , i thought their easier part of their schedule was at the first 3 games, they may be very hard pressed to get a win, unless it's south point. i don't know if they are very young, not getting the players out, or what. but i wish them luck , the remainder of the season, i think surely coal grove will win the ovc. i look for ironton, to have a deep run this year. it's possible to see another coal grove, burg battle, of the past. logan has to be favored in the seoal, till somebody knocks them off. that will be for all the marbles in the seoal, in my opinion. alot of our local leagues are being represented great this year.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:yes, i also think that wheelersburg, if they get in will go far into the playoffs. i'm really concerned about points from rock hill , i thought their easier part of their schedule was at the first 3 games, they may be very hard pressed to get a win, unless it's south point.

No, no. . . the OVC is way down this year besides Coal Grove and maybe Fairland. Rock Hill's best chances to get wins will be in conference play against teams like River Valley, Chesapeake, and maybe South Point.
South Point should win at least two and probably three conference games.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

fuzzhead wrote:I'd like to see Symmes Valley go in D6, Coal Grove in D5, and Ironton in D4 - and I think Ironton and Coal Grove could be playing a first-round home game. Ironton will for sure be playing a first-round home game. The more a hear about them, the more I think this may be a special year for the Tigers.

Coal Grove absolutely has the worst parking situation in the area. Will the state allow them to host a game with such poor conditions? I was told at the game last Friday that the church behind the field is going to stop parking on game nights as well do to drinking by game patrons. This will only make the problem worse. I couldn't even drive down the alley behind the school do to poor parking. The Grove's finest needs to pass out a few tickets to fatten the village coffers.

It would be a shame for a deserving bunch of kids to be denied a home game due to this problem. What is the criteria for holding a playoff game? I am sure adequate seating a restroom facilities have to be considered. Does parking factor in?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Uh. . . if CG is a top 4 seed they will host a playoff game, regardless of how crowded the parking lot is.
If they do in fact get a top 4 seed and you want to attend, I suggest you get there early and park near the back of the lot with your car facing the exit.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think Valley is a 7-3 or 8-2 football team depending on a few things. I think that will help the Pirates, as i already have them beating Valley.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fuzzhead wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:yes, i also think that wheelersburg, if they get in will go far into the playoffs. i'm really concerned about points from rock hill , i thought their easier part of their schedule was at the first 3 games, they may be very hard pressed to get a win, unless it's south point.

No, no. . . the OVC is way down this year besides Coal Grove and maybe Fairland. Rock Hill's best chances to get wins will be in conference play against teams like River Valley, Chesapeake, and maybe South Point.
South Point should win at least two and probably three conference games.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- fuzzy, is the ovc that down this year.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Rock Hill and South Point's only wins will come against River Valley, and whoever wins between the two of them doesn't matter as it's a wash. So, as I said earler the Pirates better hope the SOC II wins as many non-conf as they can.

South Point 2-8
Rock Hill 1-9

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If Chesapeake keeps on going down the road they're on right now, they'll finish around the 2-8 mark as well.

So you'll have River Valley, Rock Hill, South Point, and Chesapeake with 3 wins or less, most likely.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so fuzzy, being an ovc fan as you are, what is your opinion, why the downfall, coaching, athletes not coming out, young teams really i have no idea, i love seeing the ovc, and seoal having plaoff representation, as well as the sowdy county schools.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

South Point lost a bunch of good players and Chesapeake lost some, too. Rock Hill is still fairly young and I don't really think they know how to win yet (haven't won a game since '07), but I think once they get that first win, they'll build on it. River Valley is bad for a number of reasons.
Coal Grove is getting absolutely loaded with more and more young talent each year from the middle school and Fairland is starting to re-load well year in and year out.
Most of the OVC teams have proven winners as coaches - Lucas at CG, Knipp at Rock Hill, Shilot at South Point, Davis at Chesapeake.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

not only will the burg get in but dont be surprised if they win d v :122246

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I can see them making a deep playoff run, but winning the region will be difficult enough, let alone the division as a whole. Fredericktown and Liberty-Union look very tough again in R19.
The Minford game is the must-win, IMO. I see them winning the rest of their conference games by at least three scores.

Return to “Football”