S

Week 5 Logan @ Ironton

Post by fightingtigers45 »

This should get 12 pages :lol:

fightingtigers45
S

Re: Week 5 Logan @ Ironton

Im saving my prediction for Friday because a lot of it depends on weather.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Most of the heavy rain should be out of the area

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Hey guys do not orry about the weather. Logan wins regardless. It may have an effect on the margin.

fightingtigers45
S

Not so fast 2old...If it is raining during the ballgame, Ironton will have the advantage

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Two very proud storied programs with a little something to prove to the rest of the state, this should be a fun game to watch. If it were in Logan I'd have to attend but I-Town is a haul from A-Town. Good luck to both schools and try to keep the posts cival guys.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Do not kid your self. Rain will not keep the Chiefs from victory. i agree it will be a lower scoring contest but rain will not stop the Chiefs. Ironton will not stop the Chiefs either.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

logan wins this even if its raining it will make the margin closer though and logan might go to I-formation a little more but logan still wins Im gonna say 23-7

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Im gonna only post once on this game as an Ironton fan. I am gonna just copy and paste my post from My lat post on the Ashland/Ironton Thread, because I think It is a great example overall about Ironton and this game as well. I do think weather could alter this game, but not who wins...

First Off A huge congratulations to Ashland. Second, if this wasn't enough to all the arseholes that use the "I'ts just ashland" comment each year to stop saying it, I don't know what is. Please stop acting that way. I realize there may be kids on here that have seen it and just copy cat the phrase. But I do know it was started by adults. STOP! That was probably one of the better teams we have played in years so let's congratulate them, support them, and hope they have what it takes to win the kentucky state championship. I think they can, but without a kicker, and always going for two will definitely come into play for them. So, Grow the heck up and stop disrespecting other teams with silly phrases, be respectful, and you will be respected in return. Fight something you hate you only make it stronger. So start respecting and you will get respect, lead by example.

Now, this IHS/LHS bickering is just as childish. Grow up. Realize that Logan has a heckuva team and quarterhack. They are big and fast like us. I feel much more comfortable with big and fast, then smaller and quick like ashland was. The four fumbles didnt help(3 that ashland recovered), and that was pure ashland pressure, where atleaast one was a strip, that led to six points, which is a great example of smaller and quick... I also hope that kreible is ok from whatever injury he sufffered. The webcast went down atleast 6ix times, with about 4 minute delays before it came back up, and twice touchdowns were scored, 1 by each team when webcast resumed, so i was on pins and needles with this happening , and the kreibel injury happened when webcast was down, so i do not know how serious or what it was, would like to know, cause hes a great player.

I agree with the passing. Logan is gonna pass all day, a draw here and there, and they have great backs as well, so we have to be ready for the draws and getting in the backfield and playing hard on the line to control them. Our secondary and our defense has to tighten up and we have to get some receivers open. I'm really scratching my head about our starting quarterback. I know Lutz makes his decision and sticks with it, but i do question it and wonder why waginger is not utilized more.

We really have to stay focused each week and the coaches game plan has got to be stellar. The kids need to use this loss to fuel them. A strong start w/ 3 convincing wins, slowing and showing some uncertainity in quality of play against gallia and continuing into the ashland game to me is no surprise I knew with a strong start we would have a bump in quality of play and it has happened. BUT, Ashland is a very good team, so I'm not that concerned with that.

We have in no particular order logan, nelsonville york, warren, jackson, all undefeated left to play. Then portsmouth and chillicothe, whom always give us good games. This confidence we started with must continue and we must believe that we can still compete, match up with, and win against all these teams. It must come one week at a time, the kids have to regain their confidence, and the coaches must really step up to the plate and deliver tremendous game plans for the remainder of the season.. If this doesnt happen, just look at our opponents and realize the tremendous outcome we can/can't have, let doubt sink in, we are in trouble, so QUIT bickering, back the Tigers and spread confidence and support.... This will carry us farther than most realize... Many are questioning our game plan, and I have seen some posts about The start of our current quarterback... Just a lil sample of some quotes after last nights game.

"You get behind two touchdowns and you try to do things that you are not normally accustomed to do," Lutz said. "They made good calls at the right times. There's not much more you can say." Preston finished 5-of-10 for 79 yards through the air, but was also sacked on each of the Fighting Tigers' last three plays to seal the win for Ashland.Perhaps a game plan being more comfortable by mixing the pass in more?

Quote from Ashland coach:
While Preston was constantly under fire, the sophomore Hunter stayed cool under center for the Tomcats. He finished 10-of-16 for 145 yards and two scores while rushing for 51 total yards - all of which came in the decisive second half.

Hunter's presence opened up room for bullish running back Josh Alber, who finished with 131 yards on 22 carries as the workhorse for Ashland (5-0).

"Sam did a good job of reading his keys and throwing the ball where it needed to be, and running the football, he did an outstanding job," Hart said. "We needed another back (to complement Alber) and he gave us that other back carrying the football. That's the great thing about having a quarterback that can run and throw both."

I will probably catch fire for this post, since I am a diehard Ironton fan, But it was evident the tomcats were ready to play and aggressively outplayed us...

Hold your head up tigers and go into next weeks game with an attitude and aggression that ashland took into the game against us... Great things will happen.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

tj,

I know all that seems good and i know how difficult it is when the team does not meet the expectations of the fans. The problem for ironton this week is Logan is not the team you want to play when you are trying to get your head back on straight. Chiefs will win very comfortably.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The "sportsmen" on the river have to realize that the crowd no longer looks at them as unbeatable. Heck, the Chiefs have beat them every time they have played THIS CENTURY. This game will be another loser for the tiggers.

You need to accept that Logan is the superior program of the SEOAL and again has the superior athletes of the League. Weather won't change the outcome. I want everyone to enjoy the game, hope for no injuries and look for tiggertown to finally show some class, difficult as it is for those folks, and act civil this week. Lose with grace.

Go Chiefs !! :lol:

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

logan 30-7

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think Logan will win ,,,But I want the Tigers to win.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Paladin wrote:The "sportsmen" on the river have to realize that the crowd no longer looks at them as unbeatable. Heck, the Chiefs have beat them every time they have played THIS CENTURY. This game will be another loser for the tiggers.

You need to accept that Logan is the superior program of the SEOAL and again has the superior athletes of the League. Weather won't change the outcome. I want everyone to enjoy the game, hope for no injuries and look for tiggertown to finally show some class, difficult as it is for those folks, and act civil this week. Lose with grace.

could you clarify on the "sportsmen" and "arsehole" term, I am not familiar with those terms and Webster has neither one in his book, I thought the rules of this site restricted the use of such terms when talking about the members on this site......

and once again I must remind you, the 11 men on the field are known as the Fighting Tigers, not the "Tiggers", try to remember that in the future and show a little respect, something people with class have...........
Last edited by BubbleGumTiger on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan by no more than 12

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Ironton shocks the much bigger school who should win this game with a hard fought upset.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Coming off of the loss should help motivate Ironton for this game. I don't see them winning but, I don't see Logan running away with it either.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

if LOGAN can stop the run. i-town is dead in the water. lutz's play book does have alot of passing plays in it. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: besided if lutz did pass, LOGAN'S DB's are way too fast. they'll cover the wideouts like a blanket. the weather will not stop/slow LOGAN this time in the tank like it did in 06.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
Paladin wrote:The "sportsmen" on the river have to realize that the crowd no longer looks at them as unbeatable. Heck, the Chiefs have beat them every time they have played THIS CENTURY. This game will be another loser for the tiggers.

could you clarify on the "sportsmen" and "arsehole" term, I am not familiar with those terms and Webster has neither one in his book, I thought the rules of this site restricted the use of such terms when talking about the members on this site......

and once again I must remind you, the 11 men on the field are known as the Fighting Tigers, not the "Tiggers", try to remember that in the future and show a little respect, something people with class have...........

Well said Turk! We are Ironton Fighting Tigers and proud to be so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Wow huge game this could and I think is for the SEOAL Title..... I feel Ironton will play the Chieftains close but I feel Angle and his targets on the perimeter McDaniel, Mays & the gang will be too much to deal with for 4 quarters I'll go Logan 35 Ironton 24
Last edited by pbuck on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”