All State

Re: Week 5 Coal Grove @ Greenup County

Post by pbuck »

I like Coal Grove to bounce back this week with a big win

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

coal grove big!!! i think, havnt seen greenup but with the tuff games so far i think it has made us a better team. after loosing friday i think they will comeout ready to play.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I think CG wins by multiple scores IF THEY GET THEIR HEADS ON STRAIGHT AND FORGET ABOUT FRIDAY.

Get ready to watch the most talented RB Coal Grove will face for the rest of the regular season in Rashard Carter.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

This could get ugly!
Coal Grove rolls by 3 or 4 scores

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

This will be a close game.Its at Greenup Co. and they have a very talented back. :idea:

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

fuzzhead wrote:I think CG wins by multiple scores IF THEY GET THEIR HEADS ON STRAIGHT AND FORGET ABOUT FRIDAY.

Get ready to watch the most talented RB Coal Grove will face for the rest of the regular season in Rashard Carter.

Fuzz, you went and watched them play Ashland, is Carter all they have, or is there more to their offense.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

They're kinda like Paint Valley: Big, slow line with mostly small, quick RBs. They didn't have Carter when they played Ashland and they used #33 Cory Lyle (Junior, 5'10'' 195lbs) on most of their runs. Lyle had two monster runs in the 1st quarter - the opening TD of the game and another long one that went deep into Ashland territory. He might have had 2/3 of their yards in the 1st half, if I'm not mistaken.
They run the belly offense with sometimes three RBs in the backfield. Ashland was able to get excellent pressure on their QB whenever he tried to pass and he wasn't able to get a single pass off until the final play of the half (and it was intercepted). They started off strong, but their o-line was worn out by mid-way through the 2nd quarter.
The coming of Carter should not be overlooked, though. He was the reason they beat Raceland.

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

hopefully Coal Grove bounces back from the tough loss Friday and gets another win.

Coal Grove wins by 2 or 3 scores

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

The Grove bounces back in this one, if Greenup likes to run the ball then our defense will be ready to stop them. Lets get this win and head into OVC play.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Not close. GC almost lost to Notre Dame AT home!!

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Coal Grove gets a little break before starting in to conference play. They should win this one pretty easily.

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

Coal Grove by a comfortable margin

CleanupMan
Waterboy

Post by CleanupMan »

If GC offensive line improves from last performance and our QB can take a few snaps without fumbling, Greenup will make it a close game. AlsoGC best D lineman #79 Grayson will be back should also help. :mrgreen:
Last edited by CleanupMan on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Coal Groves running game is too strong and they control the clock and score at will in this matchup.

I will take CG by 21

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

CleanupMan wrote:I will tell if and it is a big IF Greenup O line gets straighten out you will be lucky to win. Greenup will have their best defense player back. Brian Grayson if you guys go up the middle he will be there to greet you. They will probably take a double team. Straight as I can tell you. A starter since he was a freshmen. This will be his first game this year. Number 79 :mrgreen:

Oh learn to use grammer for Pete sake. Do you take what you wrote seriously?

Greenup County is a heavy underdog in this game and one new player (two if you want to count Carter) isn't going to make much difference. The Greenup County line is already huge without him and they've been blown out - not just beaten, but blown out - by both good teams they've played. Paint Valley's line averaged around 6'3'' 270 and Coal Grove tagged 58 on them.
Here, allow me to name off some other monsters on GC's line that Coal Grove "will be lucky" to win against:

#55 Jon Harr (Junior, 6'6'' 285)

#64 Cole Potter (Junior, 6'4'' 280)

#50 JJ Caudill (Junior, 6'3'' 240)

#62 Jake Abrams (Junior, 5'10'' 260)

Ok, now everyone sees that Greenup County has some pretty good-sized linemen, right? Everyone knows GC is big up front, correct? I want to make sure everyone who reads this has that fact engraved on their memories. Don't be surprised when you see how big they are on friday. They're big boys. :lol:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

In the trenches, it will be this O-line. . .

#55 John Harr 6'6" 285 Jr
#50 JJ Caudill 6'3" 240 Jr
#62 Jake Abrams 5'10" 260 Jr
#64 Cole Potter 6'4" 280 Jr
#58 Nick Tackett 6'1" 240 Soph

. . . countering this one. . .

#74 Brandon Pratt (Tackle) 6'0'' 230 Jr
#75 Corey Willis (Tackle) 6'5'' 270 Sr.
#70 Steven Boyd (Guard) 6'2'' 210 Jr
#61 Eli Pennington (Guard) 5'5'' 155 Jr
#77 Travis Jackson (Center) 6'1'' 240 Sr

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Good Luck Hornets.

:12222

CleanupMan
Waterboy

Post by CleanupMan »

fuzzhead wrote:
CleanupMan wrote:I will tell if and it is a big IF Greenup O line gets straighten out you will be lucky to win. Greenup will have their best defense player back. Brian Grayson if you guys go up the middle he will be there to greet you. They will probably take a double team. Straight as I can tell you. A starter since he was a freshmen. This will be his first game this year. Number 79 :mrgreen:

Oh learn to use grammer for Pete sake. Do you take what you wrote seriously?

Greenup County is a heavy underdog in this game and one new player (two if you want to count Carter) isn't going to make much difference. The Greenup County line is already huge without him and they've been blown out - not just beaten, but blown out - by both good teams they've played. Paint Valley's line averaged around 6'3'' 270 and Coal Grove tagged 58 on them.
Here, allow me to name off some other monsters on GC's line that Coal Grove "will be lucky" to win against:

#55 Jon Harr (Junior, 6'6'' 285)

#64 Cole Potter (Junior, 6'4'' 280)

#50 JJ Caudill (Junior, 6'3'' 240)

#62 Jake Abrams (Junior, 5'10'' 260)

Ok, now everyone sees that Greenup County has some pretty good-sized linemen, right? Everyone knows GC is big up front, correct? I want to make sure everyone who reads this has that fact engraved on their memories. Don't be surprised when you see how big they are on friday. They're big boys. :lol:

Grayson and Carter will make the difference. :-D Without Carter Greenup losing the last game period. Carter had 70 some yard TD and Blocked the point after attempt against Raceland. Carter was very limited with the plays he could run, but not this week. Also Corey Lyle very capable of running over you guys. Put it down barring injury Grayson will lead both team in tackles. :mrgreen:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Too funny.
I've tried to be nice.
:roll:

Return to “Football”