Ironton's Opponents, Past And Future 2009

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Ironton's Opponents, Past And Future 2009

Post by kantuckyII »

It's a crying shame that Ironton fans can't have a discussion on here without the Logan fans flocking in...but anyway..let's try here and see if we have any luck. I would have put it on the other thread but it's been spammed to death already.

I was looking..the combined record of Ironton's opponents for the first five games now stands at 19 - 8 or a .703% wins
The combined record of the last or next five teams on the Fighting Tiger's schedule is 19 - 6 for a .76% wins
The combined record of all 10 teams is now at 38 - 14 with a .721% win percentage

While we have one more D2 school on our schedule (Warren), Logan is by far the largest school we face during the season.

Ironton's played opponent's opponents records are:
Wheelersburg's are 17 - 8 and have a .68% win record
Russell's are 17 - 16 52%
Gallia Academy 21 - 4 .84%
Ashland Blazer 16 - 11 .59%
Logan 8 - 17 - .68%

Gallia Academy's sure jumps out at you for toughness when you look at the combined record of their first five games.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Ironton's Opponents, Past And Future 2009

Post by kantuckyII »

TTT for my fellow Tigers fans who haven't had a chance to read it yet

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

kantuckyII

Sorry there old buddy but you guys are going to have to get in going 7-3 :122245

Our players know they got out coached our coaches know they got out coached and all of our fans know we got out coached!!!

I hope we can come down there and have a good old fashioned 28-27 double overtime smash mouth in your face hard hitting game. Man that would be sweet!!!!!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

...but...we've got the same coach! ;-)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

kantuckyII wrote:...but...we've got the same coach! ;-)

Yea that is true but our coaching staff has a new attitude so to speak!! Boston has been really good at letting Coach Dean call the plays. Besides that wait until #44 starts light up some of you players! That boy only weighs about 165 pounds but he plays like he is 6'3 250 at linebacker. With hunter and Dennis, Our D bends but it rarely breaks and has a knack for coming up big when they need to!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Orange and Brown wrote:

Yea that is true but our coaching staff has a new attitude so to speak!! Boston has been really good at letting Coach Dean call the plays. Besides that wait until #44 starts light up some of you players! That boy only weighs about 165 pounds but he plays like he is 6'3 250 at linebacker. With hunter and Dennis, Our D bends but it rarely breaks and has a knack for coming up big when they need to!!!

Irontons Defense is alot better than last years. Ironton is alot faster on both sides of the ball this year. I can't wait to see Arnold again, he's one of my favorite players to watch in SEO.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:

Irontons Defense is alot better than last years. Ironton is alot faster on both sides of the ball this year. I can't wait to see Arnold again, he's one of my favorite players to watch in SEO.

Trust me, I have been waiting for this game all year! I can't wait until week 9.
Like I said earlier I hope this is a good old fashioned smash mouth slobber knocker!! The kind where every play keeps you from sitting down!! On top of that it has been getting pretty cold at night already so I look for it to be really cold come week 9!!!!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

No offense but..I think you're going be really disappointed

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

I think Ironton has already played two state champions (Logan,Ashland) and a state-semi team(Wheelersburg)..................NUFF said ;-)

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

kantuckyII wrote:No offense but..I think you're going be really disappointed

i am quite sure he will be :122246

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

kantuckyII wrote:[i]
Ironton's played opponent's opponents records are:
Wheelersburg's are 17 - 8 and have a .68% win record
Russell's are 17 - 16 52%
Gallia Academy 21 - 4 .84%
Ashland Blazer 16 - 11 .59%
Logan 8 - 17 - .68%

Gallia Academy's sure jumps out at you for toughness when you look at the combined record of their first five games.

I think the numbers are impressive, but as a math teacher I think you better check the Logan opponents winning percentage.

By comparison, Marietta's opponents are 20-5, very comparable to Gallia's. And as of today, the Tigers have 5 undefeated teams on their schedule.

Marietta's overall schedule has a record of 35-15 and that includes 0-5 Morgan and 0-5 Gallia.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Excuse me, not .68% but 68%

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

kantuckyII wrote:No offense but..I think you're going be really disappointed

No offense taken! Go ahead and over look us!. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey I need the names of some good places to eat at to!!!!!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I don't know, whata ya like, crow or humbled pie? ;-)

Seriously though, you'll have to ask someone else, I don't know much about eating in Ironton.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

kantuckyII wrote:I don't know, whata ya like, crow or humbled pie? ;-)

Seriously though, you'll have to ask someone else, I don't know much about eating in Ironton.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats funny!!

The next few weeks will be a good time!!

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

D-5 wrote:I think Ironton has already played two state champions (Logan,Ashland) and a state-semi team(Wheelersburg)..................NUFF said ;-)

I don't see Logan winning the state championship. They will lose in the regionals. As for Ashland I could def. see them winning the state championship in the not so great state for football. Then for Wheelersburg I could see them going to the semi's but I just don't think they will. They will run into somebody that makes pass the ball and they yet to show that they can pass it consistently.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:
D-5 wrote:I think Ironton has already played two state champions (Logan,Ashland) and a state-semi team(Wheelersburg)..................NUFF said ;-)

I don't see Logan winning the state championship. They will lose in the regionals. As for Ashland I could def. see them winning the state championship in the not so great state for football. Then for Wheelersburg I could see them going to the semi's but I just don't think they will. They will run into somebody that makes pass the ball and they yet to show that they can pass it consistently.

Time will tell my friend ;-)

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

kantuckyII wrote:Excuse me, not .68% but 68%

Isn't 8-17, 32%.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

D-5 wrote:
Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:

Time will tell my friend ;-)

Just saying what I feel. Nothing bad meant in it

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

schenk11 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:Excuse me, not .68% but 68%

Isn't 8-17, 32%.

Ooops..I turned my numbers around. I just was thrown by how bad Logan's schedule is. Wow! it's to be understood how one could make such a mistake.

Return to “Football”