editorial from ashland paper about ironton game

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: editorial from ashland paper about ironton game

Post by dazed&confused »

Rather touching but read between the lines. You win one game against them and it is a holiday in the town. People hold Ironton up like they are the Pittsburgh Steelers. Quit being in awe. Get better and compete regulalry. I'm not over the top like 2old or Paladin but you've got to quit being in awe of them and play them for what they are; a team with a great history that is putting good teams on the field these days. You know how Logan will celebrate if they beat Ironton this Friday? They will start looking at game films of Zanesville. THE EMPORER HAS NO CLOTHES!!!!!!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

They will wait til their normal 1st round departure from the playoffs to celebrate beating Ironton.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

tigercannon71 wrote:They will wait til their normal 1st round departure from the playoffs to celebrate beating Ironton.

I find it funny that Ironton fans seem to hang their hat on playoff wins.

It's been a while since Ironton made any "playoff run" of their own. Certainly non of these kids have been a part of one.

Since 2000, Ironton has made 2 trips to the Regional Final.

Since 2000, Logan has made 1 trip to the Regional Final.

Hardly a big enough difference to act like Ironton is always making deep drives into the playoffs.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

LoganLocos wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:They will wait til their normal 1st round departure from the playoffs to celebrate beating Ironton.

It's been a while since Ironton made any "playoff run" of their own. Certainly non of these kids have been a part of one.

Hardly a big enough difference to act like Ironton is always making deep drives into the playoffs.

Our drives usually go more than 1 and done though. Besides it not just the drive its how many times have you gotten into the car to start that drive.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

dazed&confused wrote:Rather touching but read between the lines. You win one game against them and it is a holiday in the town. People hold Ironton up like they are the Pittsburgh Steelers. Quit being in awe. Get better and compete regulalry. I'm not over the top like 2old or Paladin but you've got to quit being in awe of them and play them for what they are; a team with a great history that is putting good teams on the field these days. You know how Logan will celebrate if they beat Ironton this Friday? They will start looking at game films of Zanesville. THE EMPORER HAS NO CLOTHES!!!!!!!!

Well said. Anytime a school the size of Ashland or Logan beats a school with 300 less boys in the school, it shouldnt be that big of a deal. But it was/is.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

LoganLocos wrote:

Another Logan posting that wants to use history when it suits them. If Ironton's playoff appearances started in 2000, I would agree with you. Locos, Ironton makes the playoffs every year. If not, there are usually locusts flying around. Go to Stark County and ask where Logan is, they cant even tell you.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

And here's one from the Huntington (WV) Herald-Dispatch

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... on-victory

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

85inside wrote:Another Logan posting that wants to use history when it suits them. If Ironton's playoff appearances started in 2000, I would agree with you. Locos, Ironton makes the playoffs every year. If not, there are usually locusts flying around. Go to Stark County and ask where Logan is, they cant even tell you.

Again you miss the point.

Ironton USED to be a great program that made deep runs in the playoffs. Now they are like many other "good" schools in SE Ohio. Good football teams that garner big time points by playing out of state teams and then losing in the first couple rounds in the playoffs.

Welcome back to the pack.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

85inside wrote:Go to Stark County and ask where Logan is, they cant even tell you.

Wanna bet? :mrgreen:

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

85inside wrote:Well said. Anytime a school the size of Ashland or Logan beats a school with 300 less boys in the school, it shouldnt be that big of a deal. But it was/is.

Ahhh yes..yet another Ironton poster that wants to thump there chest..yet..when they get beat..they try to blame on the 'numbers'..Ha ha Sounds kinda hypocritical doesn't it? Ironton can talk..but Logan can't? Guess we'll be hearing this excuse a LOT come Friday night huh? LOL

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

gochiefs wrote:
85inside wrote:Well said. Anytime a school the size of Ashland or Logan beats a school with 300 less boys in the school, it shouldnt be that big of a deal. But it was/is.

Ahhh yes..yet another Ironton poster that wants to thump there chest..yet..when they get beat..they try to blame on the 'numbers'..Ha ha Sounds kinda hypocritical doesn't it? Ironton can talk..but Logan can't? Guess we'll be hearing this excuse a LOT come Friday night huh? LOL

He didnt say Ironton got beat because they are a smaller school. Can you comprehend? He said that it should not be a big deal to beat a school with less than half of your enrollment. It would be like Ironton celebrating as if they won the Super Bowl if they beat an Ironton St. Joe football team.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

85inside wrote:Go to Stark County and ask where Logan is, they cant even tell you.

But you can come up and ask them about Ironton..you will hear..man..they used to be a great team...followed by..whatever happened to them?

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

fightingtigers45 wrote:He didnt say Ironton got beat because they are a smaller school. Can you comprehend? He said that it should not be a big deal to beat a school with less than half of your enrollment.

Wait and see how much I can comprehend..Friday night..I'm sure you'll hear that being said quite often. LOL I'm completely aware of what the hell he said..and I'm completely aware of what he was insinuating..are you that clueless?

fightingtigers45
S

gochiefs wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:He didnt say Ironton got beat because they are a smaller school. Can you comprehend? He said that it should not be a big deal to beat a school with less than half of your enrollment.

Wait and see how much I can comprehend..Friday night..I'm sure you'll hear that being said quite often. LOL I'm completely aware of what the hell he said..and I'm completely aware of what he was insinuating..are you that clueless?

I dont think he was using size as an excuse. Knowing 85 like I do, I doubt he would do that.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

fightingtigers45 wrote:I dont think he was using size as an excuse. Knowing 85 like I do, I doubt he would do that.

If that is indeed the case..then disregard my comment. I don't know 85...and I'm fairly new to the site..just seems like all his posts that I have seen in one way or another have a jab towards Logan in them. That's why I said that.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

fightingtigers45 wrote:He said that it should not be a big deal to beat a school with less than half of your enrollment.

So it's kind of like when Logan used to lose playoff games to schools TWICE their size? Playing teams like Pickerington (before the split) and Westerville South (before Central opened)?

Logan beat two of those schools.

Heck, we beat Pick North who has 256 more boys than we do. For the record, Logan has 271 more boys than Ironton. Pretty darn close.

fightingtigers45
S

LoganLocos wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:He said that it should not be a big deal to beat a school with less than half of your enrollment.

So it's kind of like when Logan used to lose playoff games to schools TWICE their size? Playing teams like Pickerington (before the split) and Westerville South (before Central opened)?

Logan beat two of those schools.

Heck, we beat Pick North who has 256 more boys than we do. For the record, Logan has 271 more boys than Ironton. Pretty darn close.

Logan should have never been D1...I dont know if thats what you are saying, but if so, I agree.

Also, beating those schools would be a big deal for the SMALLER school, not the larger.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

FT45 -

You're an okay guy.

I'm not saying Logan should or shouldn't have been D1. But I do find it interesting that MOST in Ironton (maybe not you) insist that Logan "needs" playoff success. However, most of the time the playoffs have been in existence Logan has been in regions with Upper Arlington, Westerville, Gahanna or the Cincinnati schools, but then in the next sentence will say that those schools SHOULD beat teams that are half their size (which would be Logan).

fightingtigers45
S

LoganLocos wrote:FT45 -

You're an okay guy.

I'm not saying Logan should or shouldn't have been D1. But I do find it interesting that MOST in Ironton (maybe not you) insist that Logan "needs" playoff success. However, most of the time the playoffs have been in existence Logan has been in regions with Upper Arlington, Westerville, Gahanna or the Cincinnati schools, but then in the next sentence will say that those schools SHOULD beat teams that are half their size (which would be Logan).

I dont think Logan "needed" playoff success, but I think a few wins here and there wouldnt hurt. I think Logan "needs" playoff success now that they are in D2.

If youre going to make a deep run in D1, you better have a good team, like you guys did in 2000. Winning your first round game isnt necessarily easy, but shouldve been attainable.

Return to “Football”