Ironton frosh edge Gallipolis, 36-28

jottings
SEOPS H

Ironton frosh edge Gallipolis, 36-28

Post by jottings »

Ironton’s freshman football team held host Gallipolis on the one-foot line with about one minute remaining Thursday evening to edge Gallipolis, 36-28.

It was Gallia Academy’s first loss in four starts this fall. Ironton improved to 2-1 on the year.

Gallipolis took a 6-0 lead early in the first period after Ironton fumbled a punt. The Little Tigers went ahead 8-6 later in the first, and was on top 14-6 after one period.

After Irontonjumped ahead 22-6 in the second period, but GAHS reduced the count to 22-12 just before halftime.

Both teams scored 8 pointers in the hard-hitting third stanza to give IHS a 30-20 edge going into the final period. Ironton made it 36-20 with seven minutes left, but GAHS came back to make it 36-28 with four minutes to go.

Gallipolis then marched about 55 yards to reach Ironton’s one-foot line. After a quarterback sneak failed, GAHS had a bad snap from center on fourth down, then Ironton took over and ran out the clock for the victory.

Gallipolis will host Logan in its next outing on Thursday, Oct. 1 on Memorial Field.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton frosh edge Gallipolis, 36-28

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats to the Tigers on the win.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Sounds like it was a great game...congrats Tigers.

GAHSfan06
Waterboy

Post by GAHSfan06 »

I caught my first freshman game of the year. Heck of a game...and the blue only dressed 14 kds!

Talk about a non-1920s offense...coach penrod unleashed the arsenal in his playbook. Fun game to watch. Those kids have a lot of heart

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

GAHSfan06 wrote:I caught my first freshman game of the year. Heck of a game...and the blue only dressed 14 kds!

Talk about a non-1920s offense...coach penrod unleashed the arsenal in his playbook. Fun game to watch. Those kids have a lot of heart

How many did Ironton dress for the game??? I know Dion Brown is out for the season with a knee injury and 2 others were moved up to the Varsity Team this week to play Friday night against Logan due to some injuries.

queenofhearts
Freshman Team

Post by queenofhearts »

Who was moved up to play friday? I hope no one else gets injured. I beleive Trevor white is out with a broken nose. And think Hunter Carmen is playing with a sprained knee..

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

queenofhearts wrote:Who was moved up to play friday? I hope no one else gets injured. I beleive Trevor white is out with a broken nose. And think Hunter Carmen is playing with a sprained knee..

Culbertson and Fletcher, I'm sure they would only play if absolutely needed though.

devilsfan#44
Waterboy

Post by devilsfan#44 »

Great game for the freshman devils. Even though u lost u made a statement for years to come...u guys never gave up and played with alot of heart! now its time to get ready for logan!!!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Coach Penrod has a great play book. Of course as long as Madden has new plays it will continue to expand. Congrats Coach.

Return to “Football”