JV Team

WK 6 (0-5) Rock Hill @ (3-2) Fairland OVC

Post by jl724 »

Thoughts...

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Week 6 Rock Hill @ Fairland

Post by fuzzhead »

This should be the game of the week in the OVC (that's not saying much). I think Fairland wins a close, high-scoring game.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

that field is going to need alot of work this week

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

whompascat wrote:that field is going to need alot of work this week

Amen! Mud-Bowl! :lol:

This ought to be a very good, hard fought battle. The Redmen have struggled up to this point, but if the team that played Portsmouth West shows up, I'm taking the Redmen by 3TD's. It's OVC play, it's time to put up or shut up. Good Luck to both teams in an injury-free game.

GO REDMEN!

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

It's a new season for the Redmen. You can't do anything about the first 5 games, but you can certainly take the positives into conference play and perform like you are capable. Again, everyone has to step up. Don't play according to your age or grade in school... it doesn't matter if you are a sophomore or a senior... if you are in the game, the coaches believe you are capable of performing so stop looking around for somebody older to step up and do your job... there are no viable excuses... just do what you are capable of... I want to encourage the coaches to get a little more creative as well on 1st down... check your own tendencies because the opponents are... I would also hope that they will allow our very talented QB to look to the open man more than a progression... the success of a progression has everything to do with who is running the primary pattern and what miss-matches are present... there have been countless mismatches that we simply have not taken advantage of... I can't fault the kids on that one... in a 3rd and long two things should be happening... find your clutch recievers and get the patterns pushed out to the sticks... you have to advance the chains... we continue to come up short on underneith throws... On defense... ATTACK!!! Put some pressure in the backfield! The system isn't bad... The West game demonstrated that... with some added intensity from the boys and some creativity from the coaches I am confident that amazing things will happen. STill waiting on that halfback screen on 3rd and long... The wildcat formation looked promising, but we gave up on it after one miscue... hope that returns... Good luck to the coaches and the boys this week... It's fun for all of us to speculate and make suggestions, but you guys are the ones who have the most invested in the game and the season... we are behind you and proud to be cheering you on! Go HIll!

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Dragon's by 2 td's

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Watching Fairland on TV vs Trimble I wasn't impressed at all.... I'll take Rock Hill looking heal there wounds with a W after last weeeks loss to Da Burg

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Last year, special teams killed the Redmen. If they can buckle down and play a full 4 quarters of solid, turnover-free ball, they'll give Fairland more than they want.
The talent is there; they just need to put together a complete game.

Good luck to my 3rd-favorite team in LC.

jarhead1967
Waterboy

Post by jarhead1967 »

hey redmen i know you can do what you have worked so hard for. say to yourself i know i can this is game 5 time to turn it up show this area you can do what no one thinks you can. older big big fan no comments please

Manwithplan
All State

Re: WK 6 (0-5) Rock Hill @ (3-2) Fairland OVC

Post by Manwithplan »

Hill just needs to get their heads out of arses and start playing fundamental football.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Fairland 42 Rock Hill 30

purplecrusader41
Waterboy

Post by purplecrusader41 »

pbuck wrote:Watching Fairland on TV vs Trimble I wasn't impressed at all.... I'll take Rock Hill looking heal there wounds with a W after last weeeks loss to Da Burg

how can u impress when the played in the pig pen last week i mean it was slicker then hell out there. and i see rock hill going 0-10 again. the dragons win big this week.

GO GREEN!

earp
S

Post by earp »

I agree the conditons had alot to do with the score of this game!Defense played great though!I give credit to Trimble though they hung tough!Not a bad team at all,I think they definetly win their league!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

A few keys to the game:

1. Can Rock Hill run the football effectively, or will they once again put the game in McCollister's hands? Lewis and the line need to step up.

2. How well can both teams prevent the "big play"?

3. Can Rock Hill play a solid 4 quarters of football and not run out of gas at the end?

4. Can Rock Hill force some turnovers keep from turning it over?

There are more questionmarks on the Rock Hill side.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Hopefully the weathers nice.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I'll tell you who I'm not impressed with and that is NY only beating the tomcats by 6. The dragons would have waxed Trimble on a dry field. I think the dragons better start playing 4qts of football Fri. or they will be in for a dog fight. If the dragons play up to there potential I see them winning by 2 to 3 tds.

bucks fan
Riding the Bench

Post by bucks fan »

Rock Hill 35
Fairland 21

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

bucking red wrote:I'll tell you who I'm not impressed with and that is NY only beating the tomcats by 6. The dragons would have waxed Trimble on a dry field. I think the dragons better start playing 4qts of football Fri. or they will be in for a dog fight. If the dragons play up to there potential I see them winning by 2 to 3 tds.

ny only beat trimble by 1 point,and i think trimble would beat fairland on a dry field

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Nelsonville & Meigs played on a wet field and both teams played well I watched Athens play Vinton County on TV in a pig pen Athens looked good just calling like I see it but it's my opinion you don't have to get all mad about dude relax I pick Fairland to beat Trimble last week and I think Rock Hill will beat Fairland this week IMO & also you Fairland guys are crazy if you compare games and teams do to how many points they score or give up or how bad one team beat a common opponet over another it's ludacris Put it this way u really think Washington is better than OSU I mean Washington beat USC by 3 & USC beat OSU by three so Washington would beat OSU by 6 is basically what your saying... guys from Fairland don't realize what the Trimble vs Nelsonville-York games means to both schools it's always a close battle you can through the records out when the Cats & Bucks hook up.....

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

GO REDMEN !!!!!

Return to “Football”