WK6 (5-0) Warren @ (1-4) Meigs

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Total votes: 0

mattash
Site Admin

WK6 (5-0) Warren @ (1-4) Meigs

Post by mattash »

Should be a huge test for Warren. Meigs is way better than their record shows.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: WK6 (5-0) Warren @ (1-4) Meigs

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Warren Local 38 - Meigs 14

LHFD57
Waterboy

Post by LHFD57 »

No one gives credit to Warren. Everyone says the next week will be a test, and the next week, and the next week... Give the warriors credit. They are 5-0. Yeah, some tough teams are ahead, but they have a great thing going. GO BLUE!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Yeah they are a great team. Just saying Meigs is a good 1-4 team.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Warren will take this game

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

meigs kinda found out who they are this week. i look for a turn around.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

who has meigs played and scores? I think Athens hammered Meigs. I'm guessing Warren is as good or better than Athens look for a similar score. Warren in a run away. Warren is a very good/balanced team offensively with one of the better running backs in the area (Wolfe) and Ellenwood is establishing himself as one the best local quartebacks as well, I think Meigs is in trouble. Varisity defense has given up 35 points this year @ 7 points/game and pitched 3 shutouts.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I honestly think Meigs will get win number 2 and hand Warren their first loss of the season. ;-)

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Warren appears to be real. I'll take them in this game. They have to watch against looking ahead next week at Portsmouth in order to set up the battle of the unbeatens 2 weeks from now. That would be great.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think this will be a close game . "IF" Meigs plays up to their potential they can win .
Warren is playing good ball though.Meigs has the home field , should be a good game.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This one is my upset special of the week. Meigs finally discovers that defense is part of the game.

I'll take the home team by six points in this one, however, it could go either way.

whodey99
Waterboy

Post by whodey99 »

Why are Warren posters always demanding respect all of the sudden? The teams you have played this year are a combined 5 wins 19 losses. You can thank the West Virginia teams for 4 of those wins. Yes you play your schedule and have no control over how good or bad your opponents are but don't demand respect when you haven't played anyone. I am glad your program is finally improving and you are going to have a winning record for the first time in several years. You get to catch all but one team on your schedule in a down year and that one team never has a down year. As of now, if you remove Logan your entire schedule has 13 wins and 31 losses. You needed this light schedule to help give your kids confidence and rebuild your program but you really shouldn't be bragging and demanding your respect. Keep playing your schedule and try to stay within 21 points of Logan. If you do this you will get your respect.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

whodey99, your first and only post is a Warren bash, earn some respect on this sight yourself!

Warren is having an outstanding season. Their schedule is what it is but you still have to take care of business. So far they have done this. I look for Meigs to be better than their record indicates but Warren is not a push over and Meigs will have to play good football to win this game. The Warriors are playing to win games now instead of trying to stay in them.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

whodey99 wrote:Why are Warren posters always demanding respect all of the sudden? The teams you have played this year are a combined 5 wins 19 losses. You can thank the West Virginia teams for 4 of those wins. Yes you play your schedule and have no control over how good or bad your opponents are but don't demand respect when you haven't played anyone. I am glad your program is finally improving and you are going to have a winning record for the first time in several years. You get to catch all but one team on your schedule in a down year and that one team never has a down year. As of now, if you remove Logan your entire schedule has 13 wins and 31 losses. You needed this light schedule to help give your kids confidence and rebuild your program but you really shouldn't be bragging and demanding your respect. Keep playing your schedule and try to stay within 21 points of Logan. If you do this you will get your respect.

You sure told them! :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:

whodey99
Waterboy

Post by whodey99 »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:whodey99, your first and only post is a Warren bash, earn some respect on this sight yourself!

Warren is having an outstanding season. Their schedule is what it is but you still have to take care of business. So far they have done this. I look for Meigs to be better than their record indicates but Warren is not a push over and Meigs will have to play good football to win this game. The Warriors are playing to win games now instead of trying to stay in them.

I am not demanding or even asking for respect therefore why would I need to earn respect from you? I am not bashing Warren, merely stating that some of the posters on this site keep complaining that they are not getting their due respect. I am sure the players are taking it week by week and game by game, as they should. I hope Warren wins every game except for the Logan game. It will make it a better win for Logan.

Meigs is having a good year offensively but the defense is allowing way too many points. Warren is coming into this game confident and should have no problem coming away with the win. It will be interesting to see what that explosive Meigs offense can do against a stingy Warren defense.

WarriorMom
Waterboy

Post by WarriorMom »

You sure told them! [/quote]

Told us what Orange and Brown? We don’t need yours or Woddy99's respect! Our boys know we are behind them 100% and we don’t care what you think or say. Cap’n Scoop said it best he needs to earn some respect himself on this sight. We don’t care, we will keep going out and taking care of business week by week. If anything this just fires up the boys and keep’s them motivated. Meigs just about beat NY last week, we'll see how Warren does against them Friday. Then we can talk about whom need to respect who afterwards!

whodey99
Waterboy

Post by whodey99 »

I have not seen a post by you, warriormom, demanding respect for your team, therefore I was not talking to you. I was not talking about the team, the coaches, the school.. It was directed at the posters that drift from one seoal post to another demanding respect for the Warren football team. Good luck Warren football team.

WarriorMom
Waterboy

Post by WarriorMom »

whodey99 wrote:I have not seen a post by you, warriormom, demanding respect for your team, therefore I was not talking to you. I was not talking about the team, the coaches, the school.. It was directed at the posters that drift from one seoal post to another demanding respect for the Warren football team. Good luck Warren football team.

I don't believe you were trying to bash our team or say anything negative about our program. I was upset though when the next post from Orange and Brown said you told us. I know we have a long road back, and it will be a long process. I think it started to turn around when Warren put the youth program in place. It has been an uphill battle, but Warren is going in the right direction. We are having a great season and many positive thing to look forward to. There is no reason to sit on this sight and demand respect; the players do that on the field. I'm just here to support them no matter what. Everyone can see we have turned our program in the right directions.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Warren big in this one. Warriormom, if your team keeps doing what their doing it won't matter what people say about respect. Your kids can only play the games the AD scheduled for them. It's not your fault some of those teams are down this year. You have a fine football team and are playing as well as anyone this year. Kudos to the player and coaches for dedicating themselves to building a program. It takes a great group of people to turn something bad into something good. Good to see the program heading in a great direction. Good luck this week and hope you have safe travels next week to our new Coliseum.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Warren has earned my respect in football. They should finish 8-2 this year. What is their best football record?

Return to “Football”