SEOAL Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

SEOAL Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

Post by kantuckyII »

If the Tigers can pull this off, they're grab a treasure chest of computer points but no doubt, Jackson would love to not only keep their record perfect but defeat Ironton as well. Ironton has sputtered on a few games but Jackson's schedule might be considered a wee bit weak too facing only one team, Portsmouth with a winning record. What do you think? (I expect this post now to take a while longer to fill up too :lol: )

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Re: 4&2 Ironton @ 6&0 Jackson

Post by Roadrunner »

I think Ironton will test Jackson's defense with their running attack. Jackson hasn't faced a team with Ironton's ability this year and I look for them to get exposed friday night. I hate to say it but the ironmen will probably come away with a loss friday night.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Being @ jackson, Its a big one for the tigers. We have what it takes and have definitely been well prepared schedule wise. Jackson has had a much easier schedule as far as p town being their only competition. It's a big game, where Ironton must play their best yet, and continue that into the rest of the remaining schedule. The region is clamaped tight for the top 5 spots it seems, unless someone gets upset, which could happen. I see amanda and west muskingum winning out... coshocton, hartley and heath all have a challenge left. And west has all those soc showdowns, which they might win out/ but someone couldl shock them with three tough teams left.. I Also dont see anyone getting in at 6-4, and based on strength of schedule and how those fare that you have beaten, may let a team in with a 7-3 record.SOO i got off topic, but Ironton shows up and proves how strong they really are....
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think Jackson can keep this one close!!!!!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Jackson's field is real nice, a treat to go there!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ironton by at least 3 TDs. I haven't been impressed with Jackson all year and now it's time for them to be exposed.

You're dead-on, Kantucky! Jackson has wonderful facilities. Their press box is grrrrrrrreat!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

We got married in a fever,hotter than a pepper sprout.
We been talking bout Jackson ever since the fire went out,well Im going to Jackson....

Time to shine Tigers!!!!

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Jackson's field is one of the best in SE ohio and has a great atmosphere.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Looking at faced opponents of both schools to date:

Jackson: 9 - 25 .26% win percentage (Vinton County either isn't listed or they have a Saturday game?)
Ironton: 22 - 15 .59% win percentage

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Ironton will win this game by atleast 2 touchdowns.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I hope you're right but it's going to be a tough game I believe

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Ironton IMO

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson was predicted to win 3-5 games.

Jackson has been called the worst 6-0 team around.

Keep em coming!

If Jackson can tackle well and keep penalites limited as they have recently.....it'll be tight.

Let's Go Ironmen......make it the worst 7-0 team around.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

This is not your old Jackson . The Halls have brought new life and attidude .I wish them the best , but I also like the Tigers of Ironton .Should be a dandy.

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

I don't think that you ever have to worry about Jackson having the "nerve" to show up. Our boys have shown alot of nerve this year already. They will show up and be ready to play.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Jackson always show up. They play hard all the time .That is one reason they are a good program their kids play tough football. :idea:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I wasnt " taking on youre post". I just stating facts ,Jackson always plays hard.
Some of you Logan Posters (2 that come to mind ) Need to get over yourselves. :idea:

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Week 6: Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

Post by ironman02 »

Let's not get off topic guys.

Jackson will certainly be the underdog in this game despite their 6-0 record. Ironton has played tougher competition overall to this point in the season, but the Ironmen have done everything right to get to this point. I'm sure the Ironmen will embrace the role of the underdog and come out ready to play on their Senior Night.

The last two Jackson-Ironton games in Alumni Stadium have been outstanding contests. In 2005, Jackson surprised the Fighting Tigers 17-7 in an upset, and Ironton came away with a 20-14 in OT in 2007. I'm hoping for another great game this time around.

Jackson's defense will certainly be tested by the Ironton ground game. Traditionally, no one is better at being physical up front than Ironton. Jackson will have to stop the Ironton ground game to stay in the game, which is much easier said than done. If the Ironmen can play well defensively, I think that their offense may be able to do enough to get the win. Continuing to win the turnover battle will be huge as well, as the Ironmen have enjoyed a 12-2 takeaway to turnover ratio so far this season.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Re: Week 7: Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Game of the week for the area? That or Minford/West!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 7: Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

Post by biggdowgg »

both are good ones, for me it would be Minford West,,but thats because Im a scioto Countian :mrgreen: :lol:

Return to “Football”