Site Admin

SOC2 Valley (5-1) @ Waverly (3-3)

Post by mattash »

Valley looks good this year. Should win by 3 TD's

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Re: SOC2 Valley (5-1) @ Waverly (3-3)

Post by F-4 Phantom »

I hope teams keep overlooking this Valley team. They run the ball extremely well and their passing game COULD be the best in the league. Hoping for an injury free game and a Valley win.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Valley's offense is just as good as Waverly's and I'd say their defense is probably at least slightly better.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

fuzzhead wrote:Valley's offense is just as good as Waverly's and I'd say their defense is probably at least slightly better.

Well, that bodes well for West then doesn't fuzzhead?

Valley big 38-13 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I was very impressed with West's win, but I just think Waverly is overrated. I believe Valley is underrated.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Valley in this one, Waverly seems to not be the team I thought they were.

Valley-35
Waverly-14

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mikenmike wrote:Valley in this one, Waverly seems to not be the team I thought they were.

Valley-35
Waverly-14

One big disappointment for Waverly thus far this year.

Valley 42
Waverly 21

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

I like Valley in this one. Waverly is soft, hit them hard and they lay down.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

WestFan27 wrote:I like Valley in this one. Waverly is soft, hit them hard and they lay down.

I agree. I think they pulled a couple of our posts on the Waverly/West thread saying the same thing.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

If Roback is Ok, they'll stay in the game because Valley plays a similar style to Waverly. Valley will win by a couple TD's. Valley will benefit from West physically style taking it's toll on their opponent as others have for the last couple years.

I edited this post for tigers on the huddle. It was abrasive before. sorry
Last edited by Westfan on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

They pulled many of your ignorant posts bashing kids.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

OK. I didn't bash the kids. It's a football forum. Some people criticized players individually. I criticized their style of play. After being outscored 114 to 14 in the last 2 years against West, I would say theirs a whole lot of people from Waverly that would agree that there are problems. If they don't, they have very low expectations.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

It seems Waverly has laided down for the year, very little talent. it is a all different ballgame when you dont have 17 or 18 seniors. If Roback is out it will get bad quick.
But it will be the Indians by 28 at least.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

I don't think a team has "laid" down if they don't have the talent to compete. West has been strong the last two years. Talent wise, from a TEAM standpoint, West is much stronger. I wonder how Roback would look under center at West, Minford and/or Wheelersburg this year. Each of your teams have outstanding lines, providing protection for the QB. There is only so much a QB can do running for his life. Do you think a Manning could do any better, on this HS team? Confidence is highly underrated. If a team is playing without it, it can be detrimental when getting down early.

This young man is in high school and we adults are treating him like he is playing on Sunday. We should be on these boards helping build the confidence of young men, not tearing them down. We should be acting like adults and not the juveniles. We should be keeping our negative opinions to ourselves when directed at the players. They are someone's child and I don't know about you but if my child is attacked there will be hell to pay. ;-) No one player ever loses a game and no one player makes a TEAM!

GO INDIANS!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Roback is a great athlete. He has all the tools to be a successful QB. Rocket arm, quick, fast, they say he's intelligent. I hope for nothing but the best for him. It's neat to see guys playing on saturdays that you watched compete in high school and watch them grow.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

F-4 Phantom,
Thank God somebody other than me gets the point of forums like this one.
As for the game Waverly looked out of sync Friday night at West. Roback (assuming he's healthy) will bounce back being back at Waverly.
The Tigers have played two studly teams in Ashland Blazer and West the last two weeks. I think Valley is flying under the radar at 5-1 because of Burg and Minford, but I assure you Coach Wright and the coaching staff will have the Tigers focused on Valley. This is also homecoming at Waverly so the kids will hyped up for this one.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Valley

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

You put Roback on a either one of these West teams the past few years and it would be very scary...the kid willed his team to wins against more talented teams, watch last year against piketon...it might of been the best single performance I have seen in high school football...anyway, the past few years its been the same thing...Waverly was supposed to be a sleeper pick in the Soc 2, but as soon as league play started they fold up...and Valley right now is sitting pretty. They don't have an Soc loss...and they realize they can be 2-0 in Soc play going into the West game...they will be ready for this game...Valley 35 Waverly 14

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Valley is 5-1 so far and of the 5 teams that they have beaten there is only a total of 4 wins. Waverly is banged up after playing two physical teams Ashland Ky. and West. Valley might win this one but it will probably be their last.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Valley is a scrappy team. I believe they are underrated. Valley wins.

Return to “Football”