TVC-Ohio Vinton County (0-6) @ Meigs (1-5)

mattash
Site Admin

TVC-Ohio Vinton County (0-6) @ Meigs (1-5)

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

fasteach
Varsity

Re: TVC-Ohio Vinton County @ Meigs (1-5)

Post by fasteach »

no contest, although against vinton it normally is, meigs will take out some frustrations friday. this one is normally fun. we promise NOT to turn the sprinklers on at 10. :lol:

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Meigs is due.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

This game will be won by Meigs, but the Marauders better come to play.
Meigs-40
VC- 21

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

vc has to many injurys

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Meigs will get win #2

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Meigs gets back in the win column, big time. This one is over by halftime.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Meigs gets healthy in this one. VC is fairly big but the speed of Meigs should dominate this one.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Meigs 44 - Vinton County 7

classof86
All State

Re: TVC-Ohio Vinton County (0-6) @ Meigs (1-5)

Post by classof86 »

Its going to be nice to see Meigs get another win. Coming off a crushing loss to Warren I see Meigs coming out and putting up some big numbers.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

VC in a close one. They will be playing with a purpose.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

86 don't want to argue but, i don't think the loss to warren was crushing. if there is such a thing as a moral victory this would be it for meigs. everyone expected them to be shamed against warren. this was a game that warren would do and score any number they wanted and meigs would be lucky to make it off the field. that did not happen. the facts are meigs should have won. they where ahead most of the game and if an extra point would have went 2ft higher meigs would indeed have won.\
meigs has had only 1 game that they got beat. the rest they where in until the whistle sounded. no excuses the other teams won but they DID NOT crush meigs.
hold your heads up kids.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

fasteach wrote:86 don't want to argue but, i don't think the loss to warren was crushing. if there is such a thing as a moral victory this would be it for meigs. everyone expected them to be shamed against warren. this was a game that warren would do and score any number they wanted and meigs would be lucky to make it off the field. that did not happen. the facts are meigs should have won. they where ahead most of the game and if an extra point would have went 2ft higher meigs would indeed have won.\
meigs has had only 1 game that they got beat. the rest they where in until the whistle sounded. no excuses the other teams won but they DID NOT crush meigs.
hold your heads up kids.

Fasteach, I think what class of 86 was meaning was that no it wasn't a crush as in blowout but it was a crushing defeat as Meigs left it all on the field, had a lead and let it slowly slip away and came away with a loss. They gave it their all but came up a little short and as a player you sometimes question yourself in games like this with things such as if I'd made that block, made that kick or made that tackle in a certain situation maybe we would have won. When you have a year like they're having and losing a lot of close games it does make you question yourself, your teammates and sometimes even the coaching calls but I think they'll get it right and should win out easily if they keep their heads straight to finish 5-5. Yes, they're going to beat Alexander and no it won't be an upset as most people will think just because of records. Meigs has played a heckuva lot better teams.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

[quote="fasteach"]86 don't want to argue but, i don't think the loss to warren was crushing. if there is such a thing as a moral victory this would be it for meigs. everyone expected them to be shamed against warren. this was a game that warren would do and score any number they wanted and meigs would be lucky to make it off the field. that did not happen. the facts are meigs should have won. they where ahead most of the game and if an extra point would have went 2ft higher meigs would indeed have won.\
meigs has had only 1 game that they got beat. the rest they where in until the whistle sounded. no excuses the other teams won but they DID NOT crush meigs. hold your heads up kids.

I like how you and most everyone else say how Meigs will win easy against VC, but I like your post here. You could almost say you were talking to the VC kids. Yes we are down this year, injuries have hurt us, but that is part of the game every coach faces. But we have young kids playing and getting experience every game. We have nothing to lose, everyone has beaten us even before we even play. Sometimes playing a team like VC can be dangerous. On any given night you can never know what will happen. I know your coach very well and Meigs is lucky to have a quality coach and greater person. When we play Meigs it is always a dog fight, I think Friday will be the same. No prediction, just hope for a good game, and no injuries for either squad. I am proud of being a Vikings and always will be, threw thick and thin. :12223 :12223

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

sport i see what you're saying and i agree. i just hope the kids don't feel that way. sometimes stuff happens and sometimes it happens more than once. they are better than 1-5 they have drawn a hard schedule now is not the time to feel sorry for themselves because alex,wellston, belpre and vinton will not.

1974 has meigs ever had an easy game against the vikes? i haven't seen it. they always seem to play better than their best against us and wellston for some reason. i expect that this year will be no different.
the only fun thing i said was about the sprinklers that went off last year with a little over 1 minute left. befor that vinton kept us argueablely out of the play-offs by beating us when most people said they couldn't so we need to know this is a fight.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Meigs takes it. It's been a rough season. Hopefully Meigs can end things on a good note. They have a very good offense.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

First of all I want to say Meigs Played very well in last friday's Game.
Just keep your heads up I know you are alot better team than people give you credit
Keep playing hard and the wins will come.
I will say that Meigs will run the table the rest of the year.

Meigs by 4 td's over VC if Mike will let that happen........

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Meigs wins. They have been snake bitten this year but they get a win this week.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

=Viking& Maurader Fans=
-Check out the 'This Week in the TVC' Section in The TVC Power Poll Thread-

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63819&start=70

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i don't see meigs winning by 28 vinton won't let that happen and neither will coach chancey so i think that's off the table.

Return to “Football”