Regions 12, 15, 19 and 23

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Regions 12, 15, 19 and 23

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ive made it a bit easier top keep track of your teams' playoff picture by putting the top 10 teams (plus some extra TVC teams) on one web page ... It also has who each team is playing the coming week, the opponents record and what division their in.

I'll try and put it in as many scores as possible on Friday night & Saturday morning.

Here is the link: http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

FEEL FREE TO USE THIS THREAD TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO THE AREA PLAYOFF PICTURE.

i.e.
Big games in week 5?
Key match-ups down the road .... etc... etc...

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Re: Regions 12, 15, 19 and 23

Post by Mercerville Monster »

If SG keeps winning weeks 8-10 will be HUGE

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I would love to see the Rebels make it to week 11 mercerville ... That Wahama game week 8 will be the big hurdle - but you guys get the White Falcons at home at least ... Even at 7-2, if the Rebels can knock off Symmes Valley (who should also be in the hunt for a playoff berth) week 10 - then SG might still get in at 8-2.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Would be a big win for the Rebels in the way of playoff points and in the sense that SG has never beaten Wahama in the 10 or so years the schools have met each other. Win weeks 8-10 and Mercerville will see it's first ever home playoff game.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

mercerville monster wrote:Would be a big win for the Rebels in the way of playoff points and in the sense that SG has never beaten Wahama in the 10 or so years the schools have met each other. Win weeks 8-10 and Mercerville will see it's first ever home playoff game.
Nice thought but i don't think South Gallias field meets the standards to hold a home playoff game.
So the game might be at Oak Hill or Jackson?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

I have heard that and I have also heard a first round game could be held there. Would be nice to have the new stadium completed already so there wouldn't be any question about it.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

No they won't be able to you have to have a fence to seperate the field from the fans also a fan section on the visitors side. I know even Gallia Academy wasn't allowed to host in the past.
I wish they could
I think they have to win out to be in the top 4 and only lose 1 more might knock them out.
There. Are so many div6 schools in our area

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:No they won't be able to you have to have a fence to seperate the field from the fans also a fan section on the visitors side. I know even Gallia Academy wasn't allowed to host in the past.
I wish they could
I think they have to win out to be in the top 4 and only lose 1 more might knock them out.
There. Are so many div6 schools in our area
Hey Monster, This poster does not have a clue what he is talking about...Gallia Academy has always hosted play-off games in the first round..... Good luck on winng out & I wish you the best in getting a home game....

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

The fence comment is correct concerning the playoffs. You have to have a fence around the field of some sort. In Hillsboro they have a fence that is wooden and about 2 feet tall though so not real sure of the specs of the requirement. GA installed the fence after a season of nearly making the playoffs only to be told we couldn't host if we didn't have a seperation fence. Since the fence was installed we have hosted rd 1 playoff games. Would love to see the Rebels get in and possibly be a top 4 seed. Not sure where the game would be played at but I'm sure the kids don't really care as long as they are the home team in week 11. That alone would be a huge shot in the arm for those seniors. Sorry super, not usually one to agree with b&g's comments but the fence is 100% accurate. Not sure of the visitor bleacher issues though?? Hope the new facilities are finished and it is a moot point.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

No problem JC..... I took more offense to his GAHS comment about not being able to host a game. As far as the fence goes I wasn't sure. Sounds like some kind of temp. fence could be installed to meet the requirement... Didn't Eastern host a game once, they did not have a visitors side bleachers..... Or maybe that has changed also.....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I watched Trimble host a playoff game versus Caldwell a few years back - and let me tell you - if Glouster Memorial Stadium is fit for a playoff game - then any venue is!

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

93Bulldog wrote:I watched Trimble host a playoff game versus Caldwell a few years back - and let me tell you - if Glouster Memorial Stadium is fot for a playoff game - then any venue is!
This True, If We can host a couple game anyone can, But We had to bring in extra bleechers, and some other things

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

You do not need a fence around the field my high school hosted a playoff game for eight years and we just had a piece of rope. There really are no specifics about hosting. Why wouldn't you want to play at home it would be a great atmosphere for the kids something they will never forget. If SG goes 8-2 which I think will happen bc I just don't of think anyone is good enough to beat Wahama in the Hocking I don't think they will have enough points to host.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Look out for Lucasville Valley...the last time they had this type of team, they lost a heartbreaker to Centerburg in the Reg 19 title game 25-21.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Just talked to one of the players and he said the team had been told w/o a fence or some sort of barrier seperating the field from the surroundings they could not host a week 11 game. I think it's more of any issue of seperating the fans from the players on the sidelines or in some cases the coaches. It certainly is specified that some sort of something has to be in place. GA had a rope but was told it was not enough hence the building of the fence around the field but like I said it seems like special consideration is given to certain places and the rules are not necessarily uniform.

To me it is a joke because we drove to Hillsboro to play Desales a few years back and the concessions were very good but the field was not great and their "fence" was a laugher just over knee high but the worst part was that in the corner of the endzone that I was standing at the fence actually marked the back left corner of the playing field, it was no more than 5 inches from the corner of the endzone and was a huge hazard. Seems like a location exists between here and Cols that could have hosted the game and been a safe place to play with a lot less drive for both schools.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

A first round game can be played on the home site of the qualifying team. The call as to play on the field belongs to the home team during the first round. The fence requirement is only for games at neutral sites starting with the second round. Which team are you talking about?

Only 4 games in to the season. Way to early to be talking about this.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I ask every Monday morning who is hurt for SG !!! If know one is they will go another week!!! small school and numbers!!! COACH PECK LIKE YOU ALOT AS A COACH AND PERSON!!! But if you don't take Haner kid out on "D" if your up big??? Because if he gets hurt your a dead duck on "O" QB Wise!!! GO LUCK SG!!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

BBallin fool wrote:I ask every Monday morning who is hurt for SG !!! If know one is they will go another week!!! small school and numbers!!! COACH PECK LIKE YOU ALOT AS A COACH AND PERSON!!! But if you don't take Haner kid out on "D" if your up big??? Because if he gets hurt your a dead duck on "O" QB Wise!!! GO LUCK SG!!!
I agree S.G. can ill afford a injury to anyone at any position bar none this is a good team with little depth Go Rebels

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BIG GAMES FOR FRIDAY:

DIVISION III, REGION 12

(7) Jackson (4-0) @ Warren (3-1)

DIVISION IV, REGION 15

(3) Coshocton (4-0) vs Claymost (4-0)
(5) Amanda (3-1) at Canal Winchester (3-1)
(7) Chesapeake (3-1) vs Portsmouth West (4-0)

DIVISION V, REGION 19

(1) Wynford (4-0) vs Crestline (3-1)
(2) Ridgewood (4-0) vs Malvern (4-0)
(7) Portsmouth West (4-0) vs Chesapeake (3-1)

DIVISION VI, REGION 23

(3) Fairfield Christian (4-0) vs Notre Dame (3-1)
(8) Symmes Valley (3-1) vs Northwest (3-1)

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

This weeks game for Ironton could be a must win to get into the playoffs. Their schedule late could help them if they win if not they could be looking from the outside.

Return to “Football”