bbn77
All Conference

Chesapeake 49 Gallia Academy 6

Post by bbn77 »

Should be running clock to start the second half. Gallia still developing

ROLL PEAKE
Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Week 4 Gallia Academy (0-3) @ Chesapeake (3-0)

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Chesapeake makes mince meat of Gallipolis. Could be as ugly as the Symmes Valley game tonight. Chesapeake probably has the best skill set on offense in the OVC. Once their line gets more experience, they're going to be scary good running the football and controlling the tempo.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

OUCH! UGLY!

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

I'm gonna say 42-0. JV will probably play the whole second half again

ROLL PEAKE
bighead
All State

Re: OVC WK4 Gallia Academy (0-3) @ Chesapeake (3-0)

Post by bighead »

"Developing" that's a nice way to put it !

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

bighead wrote:"Developing" that's a nice way to put it !
Lol, I didn't wanna make the game sound like it's over before kickoff. Even though it probably is

ROLL PEAKE
PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Between the 2nd half against Alexander last week and the 1st half this week against Symmes Valley, Chesapeake's 1st team offense ran a total of 21 plays. 2 of those were kneel downs at the end of the Alexander game. I'm afraid it's going to be more of the same this week vs Gallia.
The unknown coming into this year for the Peake was the offensive and defensive lines. Their first real test will be Coal Grove, with not very much real gametime experience before then. As long as the defense keeps playing as well as they have and the offense can keep hitting the big plays, I like their chances this year of possibly winning the OVC. Still lots of football left and it's only going to get more exciting. GO PEAKE!!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think blue devils finish a few drives this week...
Chesapeake 77 blue devils 24

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Not much going for the Blue this season live and learn !

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Chesapeake will not score 77! They probably could but this is a very respectable coaching staff and coach Riffe from Gallia was on Phil Davis staff at Chesapeake with Andy Clark in the mid 2000's. Their is a lot of mutual respect between the two.

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

This is a big game for the Chesapeake program.

Here is why: I'm not sure if Chesapeake has ever beaten Gallipolis in football (please correct me if I am wrong). The last matchup in 2014, which was before they were in the OVC, the Blue Devils won handily 30-0.

Also, even more importantly, the last time the Panthers went 4-0 to start a season, more than half of this team wasn't even born yet.

Last year, as a lot of Panther Fans remember all too well, the Peake started 3-0, and then fell to a hard-nosed Rock Hill team, that turned out to be pretty darn good, in overtime at home in week 4. The season last year for the Panthers turned out very nicely in the end, but week 4 bit the Panthers on the butt in a game with a lot of coulda-shoulda-woulda's.

The Panthers appear very capable of being able to come out and take care of business this Friday. If they do that, then it is a real step forward for the program.

However, I do believe that at least one of these teams in the OVC that hasn't shown much yet is going to sneak up and upset some team who overlooks them one Friday Night this season.

Ironton96
Waterboy

Post by Ironton96 »

Peke by ALOT

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

fred_flinstone wrote:Chesapeake will not score 77! They probably could but this is a very respectable coaching staff and coach Riffe from Gallia was on Phil Davis staff at Chesapeake with Andy Clark in the mid 2000's. Their is a lot of mutual respect between the two.
If blue devils air it out and play no defense like they did in point Chesapeake will score 77... Blue devils ran 30 plays in 1st half. 25 passes 5 runs... They gained about 200 yards in half but probably didn't have possession 8 minutes.. The whole half if blue devils balanced on offense and try on defense it will be like 49 to something but otherwise it will be high

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

I promise you it will not be in the 70's. Coach Clark will have the kids take a knee on interceptions if it gets that far out of hand just like he had them do against Symmes Valley last week. That's what makes him a great coach, not only is he teaching them football and hard work but about life also! No need to pour on extra humiliation to other high school kids. Chesapeake has the best coaching staff in the OVC!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I understand that.. But he is not going to put any kid in the game and say hey don't play hard... If you do that you are embarrassing the other team more then by running up the score... I think the blue devils will play well Friday... Won't change the outcome of the game but think blue will show up... If the defense shows up to play some may be surprised by the score..Chesapeake wins anyway... Point pleasant did not try to run up score in blue devils.. They had some j. V. Kids in late 1st quarter...and I know I am an optimist... But the OVC needs to get there licks in now... Because I think this is the weakest team blue will have for awhile.... It is all good though...

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

I realistically don't expect much different than last week. In the range of 42-49 - 0 at half and that'll be said and done. Then you pull the starters and get them some extra rest for the big home game against Coal Grove. Panthers should be well rested, starters sat out the second half of last week's game as well.

ROLL PEAKE
ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

Chesapeake will roll in this matchup! They have good team speed, good size, and are well coached. Peake 42 Gallia 7

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Cecil Fletcher scores from 37 yards on the Panthers first possession. Next Peake possession ends on a rare fumble at Gallia's 8 yard line

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

McComas to Browning for a TD. 14-0

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Chesapeake not playing well. 14-0 end first quarter. Quarter ends on a Gallia interception. Two panther TDs called back by penalties as well

ROLL PEAKE

Return to “Football”